Toyota Capped Price Servicing

Adamsy

Hey Guys,

Just a good to know fact for all November onward Camry, Camry Hybrid and Aurion owners in regards to the service advantage program. I’m sure many of you are aware the new ASV50 Camry and Atara range has a 4 year/75,000kms (whichever occurs first) $130, 00 capped price service program. Up from 3 year 60,000kms on the 40 series. However all Nov 11 onward build HSD's and Aurion's also are running this program. Nothing huge but i thought was worth mentioning anyway. :)

My question is this...

If Toyota are doing capped price servicing, where else in the deal are they screwing the customer over / breaking even. There is no such thing "something for free"...

For instance - up to 75,000kms there is really no major milestone services, they just CHECK certain things... And additionally if something has suffered from mechanical failure in that low a number of km's and its discovered at the time of servicing what's to say that there isn't an underlying agenda to simply push to convince the customer that failure is due to abuse and not honour the warranty? I believe in warranties, but I don't believe in capped price servicing. In 4 years (if you don't blow the KM's out of the water) you are really only going to have 8 services. The average "dealer service" cost for a 4 cylinder, i.e. Camry, is only $140.00, so you are really only saving $80 in the whole scheme of things on a 4 cylinder, and $240 on a 6 cylinder.

At the end of the day 2 old sayings still stand - "You get what you pay for" and "If it seems too good to be true then it probably is". When selling a car giving away between $80 and $240 worth of servicing to get asses in seats and sell some cars really isn't giving much away so as attractive as it all may seem, the dealer really isn't going that far out of their way for the customer.

That's correct this is the SERVICE ADVANTAGE PROGRAM not the warranty that remains at 3 year 100,000kms.

hmmm that's not true at all.. How do you figure you only save $10.00? Dealers claim the total cost of the service to Toyota who then rebate the difference between the TSA program amount and the cost of the service and it's a lot more than $10.00. Check out your service invoice.....

Also compare this to every other car in its class. a Honda accord Euro or mazda6 is a lot more than $130.00 to service. in fact before Agfest last year we looked at the servicing costs for the first 100,000kms on Hilux in comparison to its rivals and in some cases it was between 1430 and 1700 $$ cheaper.....

And with TSA it's not just a quick service it's a pull one with full syn oils and in some cars plugs, air and cabin filters also get replaced and all your oils in the case of commercial vehicles. How you can TSA isn’t a good deal for manufacturer servicing is beyond me...

Ok so not the warranty as well, just service...

Who said they saved $10 ? not me

Correct bud, Warranty remains at 3 year/100,000kms BUT Capped Price Service Advantage is now 4 years/75,000kms whichever comes first.