Sydney dragway

Hi All,

My last post seemed to cause a large rant in the forum, it's annoying how you all sit there and say take it to the track when i surley garantee you have sped off at a set of lights?.

I have decieded to go to the Sydney Dragway this wednesday to see what i will get for a 1/4 mile i probably am aiming low 16s it will be my first time i am not the greatest nor worst of drivers but i am wondering some tips and tricks to get the best out of my sportivo.

I am being safe and doing the right thing sorry for the thread before didn't mean to say im a fast n furious racer just a small dust off at a set off lights.

Thanks any help is appreciated.

Edited by red05tivo

take off all your seats. For a race track (non drag strip), I lost half a second per lap if fitted with seats, so expecting a big difference in times with weight on

I cannot go with you now, because I am fitted with heavy wheels now with the street tyres... Semi slick loss too much in the straight

Edited by ben yip

Drive around the water if you can, ripping a skid on street tyres won't make a difference unless your tyres are dirty. Driving through the water will just put water on the track to slow you and the next couple of cars down.

Let air out of the tyres, trial and error will help with how much air you need. But a good starting point would be 25PSI in the front, keep the rears high at about 40PSI to reduce rolling resistance.

Beign a test and tune it should matter what your reaction tiems is, so leave the line when you are ready, not straight away, but not 10s later. You can try for reaction times, but the clock doesn't start untill you move anyway.

Strip as much weight as you can. Even if that means removing your windscreen wipers and AC (the older Brisbane members will get that joke :P).

Drags (at road car power levels) are all about launching and getting into second gear, after that there isn't much to it. So focus on those areas to improve upon.

i already triple clutch i put it into neautral then back into 1st then into 2nd bro lol.

and thanks superdave i am quiet nervous as its now raining this will be a nightmare and i took out my air freshner for max weight saving? haha.

cheers all. hopefully i can get into the low 16s even high 15s

It's not how you stand next to your car it's how you race your car, you better learn that..

Man too much F&F :P

I saw the opertunity to use that line so I did

:)

Nothing beats that movie on a late night haha

& cause I'm a mechanic I obviously know what their on about or what they think their on about lol