Newbie to the club

Hey Guys, I'm new to this forum as well....

I put a deposit on my 05 Silver Sportivo today!!

Got a good deal for it...been haggling for the last month...finally signed the dotted line. Got few extras Alarm, Tint, mats, paint protect...i tried for extended warranty but failed.... final price was below $27K drive away

Mines already in stock so they just gotta prep it up with all the extra's i milked outta them. Should be able to pick it up this Saturday. :rolleyes:

Love to hear what tips you experienced owners have!!!

Got a good deal for it...been haggling for the last month...finally signed the dotted line.  Got few extras Alarm, Tint, mats, paint protect...i tried for extended warranty but failed.... final price was below $27K drive away

Mines already in stock so they just gotta prep it up with all the extra's i milked outta them.  Should be able to pick it up this Saturday. :rolleyes:

Damn dude, that is some top shelf bargaining skills you have there - milk those bast4ards dry!

And seeing as i dont own a sportivo and am still somewhat of a newb i will leave the break in tips to some seasoned lift veterins...

Got a good deal for it...been haggling for the last month...finally signed the dotted line.  Got few extras Alarm, Tint, mats, paint protect...i tried for extended warranty but failed.... final price was below $27K drive away

Mines already in stock so they just gotta prep it up with all the extra's i milked outta them.  Should be able to pick it up this Saturday. :rolleyes:

Welcome Mate...

Where do you hail from ?

Make sure you post pics of your new toy and enjoy your stay here...

Cheers

A :P

Welcome Mate...

Where do you hail from ?

Make sure you post pics of your new toy and enjoy your stay here...

Cheers

A :P

Hey welcome to the forum and to the silver stivo fold. Obviously the best and only colour to get. ;) Don't forget to tell us where you're from :D

Hey thanks guys!

I'm from Melbourne! I got the call from the dealer today...1 day after my deposit..I'll be picking my car up Friday 23rd Sept!

I think thats the same same "topjollybird" is getting it! our cars gonna have the same birthday...kinda...lol

If anyone out there looking to buy one new...no trade in...its easy to milk a dealer...just need patience...

My first offer was very very unrealistic... i was aiming it at $25K drive away... make up crap that its your budget blah blah...dealer will automatically tell you its impossible...

most dealers will then lay a deal on the table ... but before they lay it on the table...they will ask you to commit... DO NOT COMMIT ... but say stuff like "well it depends on how close to the budget you are"....in my case they layed $28900 drive away.... i got up and left...went on to about 3-4 other dealers and basically same story and then lied..at the dealer i bought it from i told them another dealer offered $27000...he said he could only beat the price by $100 or so....

now...this is where u milk the extra's! these is where dealers say they gonna loose there job and stuff...pfft...don't buy this act...it isn't your problem. if they do it they do it...if they don't, oh well...your choice if u wanna buy....

Hope this helps anyone looking for a new model....

I will post up pics of mine when i get it!!!

Thanks again for the warm welcome!!!!!

Hey thanks guys!

I'm from Melbourne! I got the call from the dealer today...1 day after my deposit..I'll be picking my car up Friday 23rd Sept!

Hmmm, that's today! I guess you can then drive it down for our mini Melbourne Paint Calipers meet on Sunday.

Damn! Looks like a lot of new 'stivos get delivered today!  Just a few hours till i grab my new one - and Yes it is still BLUE !

The other really good thing about today is that it is my Sportivo's 1st Birthday....

:) :) :) :) :) :) :) :)

Well i got my Stivo on Friday, which looks as though it was Official New Stivo day.

:angry: Bad news!! The paintwork on the skirts doesn't match the Stirling Silver of the rest of the car. Totally different shade of silver and looks crap......so much for quality control. Can't believe no one at the dealership noticed (or bothered to say anything more like) yet it was the first thing i noticed because they look like they don't belong. The dealer has apologised and will either replace or spray them. What a bunch of dufus's. :angry:

Has anyone else had this problem? Considering that they are supposed to be factory fitted in Sth Africa or wherever it is they're shipping them from.

Apart from my paintwork fiasco the Stivo is awesome....taking it easy for a few K's.

Hope to see a few of you around Sydney :D

Well i got my Stivo on Friday, which looks as though it was Official New Stivo day.

:angry: Bad news!!  The paintwork on the skirts doesn't match the Stirling Silver of the rest of the car.  Totally different shade of silver and looks crap......so much for quality control.  Can't believe no one at the dealership noticed (or bothered to say anything more like) yet it was the first thing i noticed because they look like they don't belong.  The dealer has apologised and will either replace or spray them.  What a bunch of dufus's.  :angry:

Has anyone else had this problem?  Considering that they are supposed to be factory fitted in Sth Africa or wherever it is they're shipping them from.

Apart from my paintwork fiasco the Stivo is awesome....taking it easy for a few K's.

Hope to see a few of you around Sydney  :D

You should get them to spray it a different colour, kinda like the Holdens. At least you'll have something that's unique.

Congrats on the car. Great choice.

:( :( :(

Well, they were doing a final check on mine after it came back from after-market extras being done - paint, tint, rust etc and found that the central locking no longer worked ....

and, finally yesterday it was traced back to a relay somewhere buried in the dash.

So, It will Hopefully be Thursday that I pick it up ... talk about a P*sser!

Got mine last friday been driving it around melbourne....it's damn sweet!!! i checked mine all over before i got it and its alll okay! Mines also sterling silver.

build date is 05/05....

only thing i noticed is that the gear changes aren't that smooth and take abit to get use to. Also...the wheel alignment is abit off....but 1st free service should have that fixed up!

Had a couple of girls in the back over weekend...one of them drag there ***** accross my new leather seats...now its creased.... :(

Been cruising as the engine is still new....can't wait to after my 1st service!!! :rolleyes:

:( Cruising around over the weekend in my 2 day old Stivo when my nearside wheel arch liner dropped down and dragged along the ground and against my tyre because it was never fitted properly and was just wedged in place...with that and my odd coloured skirts i'm not a happy camper at the moment i'll tell ya. :(

:(  Cruising around over the weekend in my 2 day old Stivo when my nearside wheel arch liner dropped down and dragged along the ground and against my tyre because it was never fitted properly and was just wedged in place...with that and my odd coloured skirts i'm not a happy camper at the moment i'll tell ya.  :(

Gee feel sorry for you dude, must really suck, last thing you want when all you feel like doing is showing it offf :/

Anyway take it back to toyota and stick a rocket up there **** make sure they give the car a good going over.

I was actually thinking of upgrading my car to a stivo in the near future but stories like these really put me off, and seem a little too frequent.

Edited by 02rolla

:(  Cruising around over the weekend in my 2 day old Stivo when my nearside wheel arch liner dropped down and dragged along the ground and against my tyre because it was never fitted properly and was just wedged in place...with that and my odd coloured skirts i'm not a happy camper at the moment i'll tell ya.  :(

Gee feel sorry for you dude, must really suck, last thing you want when all you feel like doing is showing it offf :/

Anyway take it back to toyota and stick a rocket up there **** make sure they give the car a good going over.

I was actually thinking of upgrading my car to a stivo in the near future but stories like these really put me off, and seem a little too frequent.

yer that sucks

bloody sth africans

mate i know how you feel, the same thing happend on me Accent Sports first day i had it, screw them hard for free stuff, i scored a load car, floor mats (the propper ones) dash mat and head light protectors. good luck