Magnaflow cat back system

Ive been waiting for this system for a while now, it was just released in the US, no price of as yet. Its made op 2.25 inch piping. Im wondering how it would stack up against the CES since the CES has 2.5 inch piping. Does the .25 inch make that much of a difference??? Surely magnaflow would have tested theirs on a dyno. What do you guys think? is 2.5 too much for NA?

Ive been waiting for this system for a while now, it was just released in the US, no price of as yet. Its made op 2.25 inch piping. Im wondering how it would stack up against the CES since the CES has 2.5 inch piping. Does the .25 inch make that much of a difference??? Surely magnaflow would have tested theirs on a dyno. What do you guys think? is 2.5 too much for NA?

2.25 or 2 1/4 is better then 2.5inch

I thought the CES was 2.25... my bad if I am wrong...

I was always told not to go past 2.25 on a 1.8.... but that may have just been the opinion of the dude that told me...

well my car uses 2.5" piping, kinda wishing i got 2 1/4 now actually, i think the engine needs a little more backpressure to get more power and from what i know on this forum, 2.25 seems to give best results...

And yeah, i am with Azza in thinking that CES was 2.25...hmmm

I am getting a CES very soon. I thought 2.5 was a bit much, however i have read that CES researches their products in depth before production, so i am confident that it will be suitable. Anyone got a CES installed?

I am getting a CES very soon. I thought 2.5 was a bit much, however i have read that CES researches their products in depth before production, so i am confident that it will be suitable. Anyone got a CES installed?

ALL but a few corollas up here in Brisvegas have some sort of CES Racing exhaust on their car ;) Dylan, Dave and Justin also have or are getting theirs soon ;)

Lucio - CES is 2.5 and has the results ;) But I would be interested in seeing magnaflows gains and also price...and how NOISEY it could be :blink:

Its gona cost around $500 US, all stainless. Im basing that by looking at the matrix exhaust. From what it sounds the CES used a higher flow pipe 2.5 inch but a more restrictive muffler, where as the magnaflow uses a 2.25 inch with a free flowing muffler. As for noise, i think the magnaflows are pretty good from what I have heard. Can anyone back me up on that?

The back pressure is the muffler. So I assume that 2.5 piping allow higher flow, but restricted at the muffler to gives the back pressure. It's dyno proven, what else could go wrong.

So if i just change the stock muffler to a aftermarket with to much flow i could get decreased power?

The back pressure is the muffler. So I assume that 2.5 piping allow higher flow, but restricted at the muffler to gives the back pressure. It's dyno proven, what else could go wrong.

So if i just change the stock muffler to a aftermarket with to much flow i could get decreased power?

Higher flow mufler, such as straight through, is beneficial for those who wanted hi end power. But that's just the basic explaination. For N/A, you better off buying a hi-flow, but still is restricted to balance out increase of power across the rev zone.

^^^^ditto that :)

..plus the responsiveness has been vastly improved...

B4 i bought the CES i was a bit suss about the 2.5 inch piping as i thought that it might have been too big on a 1.8, and that the bottom end would suffer......

but since the day i got it installed...no complaints watsoever.....torque has improved noticeably if n e thing :)

ONLY drawback is mine is still a TAD loud as far as CES system goes .... most prob just the tips tho ... :unsure:

still I am one happy SESS customer :)

I have custom exhaust 2.5" secret specs. 10kw gain must do something.

mine does have magnaflow rear though

Guys u cant compare them jsut on size...

it depends on the pipe bend.. is it mandrel bent or press bent etc? coz that determines flow and therefore one with good flow doesnt need quite as large volume

ud be stoopid to put a press bent system on a NA car ,,,,,even a turbo car

i mean y bother?....for a lil bit more money u can get a mandrel bent system that has the best flowing characteristics....

having said that....who (nowadays) puts a press bent system on their car...unless ur really really finacially restricted...

if ur gonna do it (with n e mods for that matter) do it once and do it right !

:D

ud be stoopid to put a press bent system on a NA car ,,,,,even a turbo car

i mean y bother?....for a lil bit more money u can get a mandrel bent system that has the best flowing characteristics....

having said that....who (nowadays) puts a press bent system on their car...unless ur really really finacially restricted...

if ur gonna do it (with n e mods for that matter) do it once and do it right !

:D

"sports" exhausts with press bends on an excel does wonders. :P

I have custom exhaust 2.5" secret specs. 10kw gain must do something.

mine does have magnaflow rear though

This wouldn't be a copy of the mysterious droning system that "xtigerx" has. :huh:

The one which he copied a CES system and then never posted a dyno sheet to prove his gains??? :blink:

I heard 8kw but this has NEVER been proven or any dyno sheet that I can remember being posted. :unsure:

As for the drone i have it on good authority that it's just plain and simple NASTY. :o

If we are going to quote figures then please show proof - put up or shut up. I believe this is what some of you said to me when the CES system was first posted on this forum and you wanted all the proof which i supplied and you still didn't believe? :huh:

Well here's another example is it not????? :huh:

LET'S SEE SOME PROOF OF THIS "SECRET SPEC" SYSTEM????? :ph34r:

Or is it all a load of bull?My thoughts, my opinion so please I'm happy to be proven wrong. :D

Edited by SILVABULLIT