anyone good at writing?

Steve

Any members here good at writing articles and can spare a few hours a week and volunteer?

Looking for somone to do TOCAU newsletters and write ups.

Experience essential... good placement whithin the club.

cheers

Steve

This looks like a great idea Steve, never thought of this one myself.

Maybe what you could do is if you were going to have one writer/editor for a TOCAU Newsletter, maybe take on the services of 1 or 2 'contributors' for each state.

This could be someone that gets arounds, knows a few people and pass on information then to the person writing the newsletter.

I am assuming of course that the newsletter will be about the members and what is going on in that state and what the members are up to etc....

Cheers

Aaron

Well I may not be the best in Australia at writing and I am certainly no Journalist. However in saying that, I am more than willing to give it a go and help get this thing goings.

I believe that this could possibly be a great way for everyone to keep up with whats going on and not just by ploughing through forum threads....

Although I have never had any experience in writing, other than a squillion emails and memo's around Queensland Health each day, I am prepared to give it a go if nobody else can.

Cheers

A :)

Any members here good at writing articles and can spare a few hours a week and volunteer?

Looking for somone to do TOCAU newsletters and write ups.

Experience essential... good placement whithin the club.

cheers

Steve

Steve, I'm good at writing.

How much work is expected exactly? Eg: One two page newsletter per week ?

Cheers

Carlo

I'm happy to dribble some sh#t for some articles... :)

Steve...

just to throw some cred' here... I'm currently the Media Officer for the Wollongong University Postgraduate Association so have experience, writing, reading and editting articles. Also written a thesis and papers during research times with many more to come... :)

Cheers

Dylan

Sounds like we have plenty of people that are prepared to give some time/effort.

I guess if we look at one person from each state to feed information to a 'Chief Editor' for collation, then this all sounds like a plan...

What do you think Steve?

Between Carlos (Vic), Dylan (NSW) and myself (QLD) as contributors, you have most of the country covered, then all you need is a 'Chief' (ahem*Dylan*ahem) :P

Edited by Azza

ok guys here is the deal.

If i provide a content management system for the front end (instaed of the cacky one at the mo) I can give you guys access to add articles on the fly.

All that is required is at least an article per week from each person (which may depend on how big the article is)

I do not expect anything that puts people out... just a bit of fun to add more content to the club and help build it up.

Contenet will be based on all types of Toyota cars and information (not just corolla ;) ) Also adding industry news would be excellent too. Toyota AU release press releases weekly... these will need to be researched from Toyota and get them email as soon as they are released and added to the website, Toyota will be happy to supply this info as its publicity for them as long as you adhere to their Embargo dates.

I agree that we should have a team leader so we can all agree on articles that are published.

If those interest can defiantly volunteer a little bit of time then we should start planning by choosing a team leader, and then some ideas such as Featured ride, car of the month and industry news etc.

I'm willing to write articles but have too may other things on my plate at the moment to co-ordinate things... Sorry guys...

Also some parts reviews may be good article material too if those with well modifies cars want to help out :)

I could dob in Cam to do some from Adelaide too, he also has a bit of writing experience from the sounds of it... anyone from WA want to put a hand up??? What about one of the Camry guys?

Thanks dude, I even have experience as a motoring journalist having contributed articles in the past for Autospeed.com. However, I've been keeping quiet because I really have enough on my plate at work for at least the next 6 months. If something extraordinary comes up in Adelaide and no-one else can cover the story, I might be enticed to put my journo cap back on, but until then I'm happy to let your Easterners have all the glory.

ok... Those who wish to write some articles could you add your name so i can add you to a list, I can then put together the news section.

cheers