Lowering my ride

Hi

I'm new to the TOC and I was just looking at members rides and seen that some aurions have been lowered.

My question is... dose it scrub out and has you any ride comfort. ?

Also where and how much ?

As I now have a family and we do take a few road trips just wondering what your thoughts were and even thow it looks good. Just want to get some feed back.

I have a ZR6 and i have done a half with a vinayl wrap with a tribal finish, and put varex rear mufflers and a set of chrome 20's. The only thing I've been conterplanting is lowering the car.

Thanks

Thanks Pah

I have spent a lot of time going through all the respective discussions on this and seems to be a lot of talk or arguments of which is better kings or pedders

Do you or any one else know if there is any other options out there?

You can either go with lowered springs or if your budget can handle it go for coilovers from what i have heard they are well worth the money. I have King springs in mine but the front seems to ride alot higher than with Pedders so I guess it depends on what suit your purpose.

Hi I just went to see the guys at pedders at bankstown. I have to say absolute champions. They quoted me about $800 fitted for the sports rider also got a quote on the coil overs which I was quoted $1900. Fitted as they said to me the coil overs are very hard ride even when set at there softest.

I think I will go the sport rider spings. Also do the prices seem about right?

Hi I just went to see the guys at pedders at bankstown. I have to say absolute champions. They quoted me about $800 fitted for the sports rider also got a quote on the coil overs which I was quoted $1900. Fitted as they said to me the coil overs are very hard ride even when set at there softest.

I think I will go the sport rider spings. Also do the prices seem about right?

coilovers for sure , THomas (u54mot) has a pratically brand new set up for sale look through the Buy section.

However Robert ^ if you want lowered springs dont go direct through Pedders. Ask your local mechanic or suspension place as they can get cheaper.

My personal mechanic said he can get them at a lower cost , because generally we as the public get charged more.

When i ask him about pedders and mentioned its 500 for a fullset, he said he could get it waaayyy cheapper.

i wont mention the price here but yeah, Talk to your mechanic and see if he can order pedders in . im sure he can get them cheaper

Edited by simplyvandinh

i went direct to peddars and got mine for $1,250ish with cambers kits about a year and half ago now. :)

Edited by Adamsy

Go a bit more and get coilovers. Never know you might get sick of the ride height of lowered springs and in the long run will save you more if you want to raise/lower your car more.

Or bag it like me.