Cycle Epic

mtbrider

Just recently completed the cycle epic arguably the hardest one day mountain bike race in Australia.

Finished in 6h47m23sec.

The race is 103klms with a couple of thousand metres of climbing thrown in (Laidleys Gap included).

Some ridiculous hills both up and down some guys were clocked at over 90kph on a bit of bitumen downhill (the Devils tail) that turns into gravel at the bottom. I hit the dirt at over 70 k's myself.

Here's a couple of pic's of me. Check out the $1800 5 inch travel front forks (So that's why there's no mods on the Sportivo

CJA_5188.jpg

CJA_5887.jpg

Well done Trevor... good to see that rather than becomeing a post ot mod whore, you invest time and effort into something more practical. :P

Nah, good onya mate. Now to work out how to get my bike off the wall, I may lose some weight ;)

Nice work Trevor. That's one hell of a accomplishment as I kow of this race and just how hard it is. Did think of getting into mountain bikes onces... bought the bike but the motivation wasn't there. So the bike is still sitting under my stairs in the cupboard.

TREV...you mad man... Congrats on the course....man i only managed 3hr10min on a 50km course and that was road...let alone mountainous areas

excellent work.... I am so envious....so much so im getting my old bike back from a mate I sold it to and get bak out to do some more trail riding. ;)