Baseline DYNO

Well the white rocket is going in for its baseline DYNO reading this Saturday morning at 10.00 am.

Lets see who can guess the 'stock' reading that I will end up with????

187.4 HP (139.7 Kw's) <- my guess @ flywheel

anyone know what the flywheel -> wheel conversion rate is??

Cheers :D

Danthuyer

I reckon about 80-90KW at the front wheels

my rebuilt 100KW 4AGE Made 64Kw at the wheels 4th gear

and my AE86 4AGZE MAP 127KW, MTX8, 2.5" Exhaust, Extractors 8Psi boost made 96KW at the rear wheels 4th gear and that car muches Wrx's, silvias and skylines B)

Wrx's make about 84-90kw stock form 2.0L EJ20 turbo

so the stivos should be around the 75-90kw mark at the wheels

Don't wish to spoil anyones day but I know for a fact Peekays is doing well in excess of 110kw at the wheels on a Dynomax dyno in shootout mode. It's a damn rocket!!!

Same dyno puts a stock rex at 93kw at the wheels.

Ilivfor6 - Peekay and yourself might be having some competition from us QLD boys soon ;) hence the baseline dyno Saturday before 'anything' gets done.

Bring it on Danthuyer... Bring it on. Mate this will be fun.

In 12 months time the old Ford versus Holden articles from the press will have been replaced by the Qld stivo versus Vic Stivo mayhem that will have gripped the country.

I can see the movie trilogy now... "The Fast & the Faster" :D :D

Best of luck mate.

Cheers

PS. The first Stivo to 200kw wins. :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

Man, can't wait till peekay posts some dyno sheets or vids of a run in his car :P

Ilivfor6, have you raced peekay's Stivo to see how much his car beat yours by?

Danthuyer, be sure to let us know about the dyno results! :lol:

Bring it on Danthuyer... Bring it on. Mate this will be fun.

In 12 months time the old Ford versus Holden articles from the press will have been replaced by the Qld stivo versus Vic Stivo mayhem that will have gripped the country.

I can see the movie trilogy now... "The Fast & the Faster"

Best of luck mate.

Cheers

PS. The first Stivo to 200kw wins.

Ilivfor6 - hahahahahahaha bring on the rice burner wars :P

Cheers mate, nothing like a bit of interstate rivalry.

200Kw's hey!!!???¿¿¿ - I'll see what I can do (*scratches head)

Zee - will post the stock dyno for you ;)

Stoopid - I'll be there for a little bit, we are also looking at the new speakers and door mods whilst im there, just call me and let me know what your doing

Well lets see, a turbo gives around 6.5 to 7 KW per pound of boost. So if I take the 141KW of the car, add 10 pounds of boost that makes 206 - 211. if we then add mods like CAI, Zaust, chip etc we could get that to what maybe 240? increase boost pressure to 13 or 14 pounds and that adds another 25 or so so we are looking at 265 KW, that should easy be 200KW at the wheels :). Now where is that bloody cheque book with a spare 15 grand in it?? Oh thats right, I don't have one :(.

Now I reflect upon this post, I come to the conclusion it has absolutely no point to it but hey, it was fun dreaming ;)

Edit, I TOTALLY screwed that, its 11 KW per pound of boost LOL.

So 141 + (14*11) = 295 then add the 30 or 40 from extras, thats 335 KW, nice one :).

Blade, if u had that kind of power coming out a car our size can u imagine the damage that u would case to the car. Not to mention the amount of wrestling that u would need to do to keep that power on the road.

Well lets see, a turbo gives around 6.5 to 7 KW per pound of boost. So if I take the 141KW of the car, add 10 pounds of boost that makes 206 - 211. if we then add mods like CAI, Zaust, chip etc we could get that to what maybe 240? increase boost pressure to 13 or 14 pounds and that adds another 25 or so so we are looking at 265 KW, that should easy be 200KW at the wheels :). Now where is that bloody cheque book with a spare 15 grand in it?? Oh thats right, I don't have one :(.

Now I reflect upon this post, I come to the conclusion it has absolutely no point to it but hey, it was fun dreaming ;)

Edit, I TOTALLY screwed that, its 11 KW per pound of boost LOL.

So 141 + (14*11) = 295 then add the 30 or 40 from extras, thats 335 KW, nice one :).

i heard the 2zz already had great issues with dealing with 6 pounds of boost let alone 10

Hehehe mate I was messing about, I would not even bother turbo charging a 2zz, I would sooner super charge it. With a turbo you wait for it to kick in and with lift you wait for it to kick in, a supercharger would really close out that lag to lift, a turbo wouldn't :).

A mate of mine had a Typr-R turboed at 5-6 psi with no decompression. Uses Octane boosters all the time but never got to see if anything went wrong with it, because he sold it soon after when he clocked past 10,000kms :blink: But i think with an efficient front mount intercooler, 6 psi should still be fine.

A mate of mine had a Type-R turboed at 5-6 psi with no decompression but has a huge front mount intercooler. Uses Octane boosters all the time but never got to see if anything went wrong with it, because he sold it soon after when he clocked past 10,000kms :blink: But i think with an efficient front mount intercooler, 6 psi should still be fine.

Octane Boosters do work =) Made a slight difference...but..not worth it every tank.

i use it every 5,000km.

stock stivo...should get 100-110kw at the wheels.

141 / 1.3 = 108.5kw

-Chris

take note that the version of software running on the dyno can have a dramatic effect on the results, as can the gear the run is performed in. In Brisbane, one particular car was dyno'd on two different dyno dynamic's at two of the more reputable places up here. The car made 120kw on one dyno, and 145kw on the other... with no mods or tuning changes made in between the two runs, and both runs done in the 1:1 4th gear...

You can't really compare dyno figures from different dyno's, they are meant to be tuning tools afterall. There are a LOT of factors that effect the final figure aswell, such as wheel size and weight, ambient temps, and even tyre pressure.