NewBie to TOC

Hey Guys,

Just thought i introduce myself, I got pinned at penrith somewhere buy a dude in a white sportivo who had a chat at the lights. Told me to come on here and check it out. I Cant beleive i hadn't seen TOC before. :P

Anyway i own a 2003 Corolla Levin. Dads a mechanic so some work has been done.

Got 17":white leso rims : 215/45/17r

Cat Back Exhaust

Whiteline front Strut

King springs

Heres some pics. Not Quite a stivo but im getting there :P

782733.jpg

782739.jpg

Edited by SyxXPaC

are they VVTL-i stickers? nice clean ride mate  :D

Yeah, Mate works at Toyota, They put them on as a joke one day. ( I was tossing between a levin and stivo when i made the purchase.) Insurance was the only thing that made my mind.

Yeah, Mate works at Toyota, They put them on as a joke one day. ( I was tossing between a levin and stivo when i made the purchase.) Insurance was the only thing that made my mind.

ummmm believe it or not.... insurance is cheaper on the sportivo :P

ummmm believe it or not.... insurance is cheaper on the sportivo :P

hrrm, when i was buying the car i got multipul quotes that were always around $600 difference. Remember under 21 no previous insurance.

damn u guys seem to have high quotes for insurance.. are u guys really young? ie teens? or u do you have a bad record :huh:

my insurance is $800 something for the year with my otherhalf as the second driver and she's been in an accident which was her fault but it was small accident .. ran up someones bum in the rain . Thank *** that it happened in her dads car :D

Are you planning to lower the car with low springs or anything?

Also, with those tyre specs, do you experience any scrubbing against the guards or anything? Is ride still firm since you choose 45 over the 40 series?

How could a sportivo be a cheaper choice when it comes to insurance? I was quoted $2000 plus for std sportivo, when I paid $1500 full mod for my levin this year.

well im 23 rating 1

Levin = $1200 a year

Sportivo = $1000 a year

its all to do with how many of them are on the road..

more levins are involved in accidents than sportivos.. hence a higher risk, higher premium

this is with aami btw

its all to do with how many of them are on the road..

more levins are involved in accidents than sportivos.. hence a higher risk, higher premium

Is that what AAMI told you? In that case, I'd hate to see their insurance quote for an Ascent! :P

Edited by Buddha

Are you planning to lower the car with low springs or anything?

Also, with those tyre specs, do you experience any scrubbing against the guards or anything? Is ride still firm since you choose 45 over the 40 series?

Hey yeah the car is lowered with King Springs and i don't experience any rubbing at all. I Had 40 series and it was too bumpy since i got these dunlop SP 9000's in the 45 series, it is much smooother and grips of the mark.

damn u guys seem to have high quotes for insurance.. are u guys really young? ie teens? or u do you have a bad record :huh:

my insurance is $800 something for the year with my otherhalf as the second driver and she's been in an accident which was her fault but it was small accident .. ran up someones bum in the rain . Thank *** that it happened in her dads car :D

I live in fairfield area. So insurance was $1900 for levin and $2400 for sportivo. i was 19 and no driving record when i got this. THis year it went down to 13000 with just car unlimited Mods.