RUKUS on bags.... *** wheels updated again ***

cductn

Hey guys,

Seing as I didnt get to make an introduction thread, I thought I would make a build thread. So I brought my rukus in 2010 it's a stingray metallic build 2.

Here's a pic of the first night I got it. I put the eyelids on it that day as well..

RUKUS.jpg

After driving around like that for a few weeks I got a set of coil overs and set it to a semi decent height and take the gap between the rear wheel and arch...

IMG_44211.jpg

Next I done some under bonnet work with a K&N Sri, TRD strut and carbon engine cover

toca3.jpg

Driving like that for a year I decided on some wheels and picked up a set of Lexus ISF wheels.

1c6e6b12.jpg

After the wheels went on I knew the ride height wouldn't do so I got some air suspension done and some yellow walls.

27967e33.jpg

Got bored of the stereo in the rukus so put in a new one.

05E7B7B4-1675-4D4D-A183-5E421FFF6485-812

Got some new wheels getting fixed up to go on this summer.

EE292987-DB69-48F6-9455-4B98B7B4BE1F-138

And how she sits now...

1F68F25C-4C0A-42BD-B385-C21F4460262D-138

E80716E8-E61C-484B-B177-58C47A20A39D-144

Hope to have the new wheels on soon and a few other bits and pieces...

Will keep this updated as I go on.

Edited by cductn
  • Like 1

• 3 months later...

So it's 12:40am here in hawaii at the moment and all m thinking about is coming home to the box.... Been a long time since I updated on here... Nothing much has happened lately as I have been saving for this holiday and not for mods... Anyway the eurolines have been sold as I wanted to go with another look...

Gone are the 8000k hids and have moved to 4300k in the head lights for a more stock look, and the fogs have been changed to 3000k...

2CFC34DB-712A-45B6-ABE5-06ECE4DF86BB-191

With the eurolines gone a new wheel was needed.... Still need to play with the specs a little but the rear should be sitting somthing like this...

048953A1-940F-4E9C-9539-B6855994B9EE-261

I originally brought a scion xb rear trim peice but being different sizes I could not fit it.... so while I've been overseas the car has had a few little touch ups with the paint and had the rear chrome peice painted to be closer to the usdm scion xb..

3d30245ef0238e95d49e10cb4a0de1b1.jpg

Hoping to get the new wheels fitted as soon as I get home... Then I don't know... Might start the interior will have to see....

• 2 weeks later...

New wheels are here and are now on.... This isn't the final colour though they will be getting painted or powder coated in a few months.... I'm still not 100% happy with the fitment and will play around with it still in the coming weeks...

The poke from the rear

E2755501-855A-44BB-AC06-C117F12A0B52-224

Side view

797BC923-CC93-4BED-8371-9B9B02183847-224

Front

24E480B7-8E4B-47ED-B979-6701571B35F4-224

Different angle

A2E4A763-7F78-410E-BC6C-CAD014C3F710-224

Let me know what you think....

Once I roll the guards the rears should sit lower at the moment is stopping the car for going any lower....

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Nah haven't got any pics of the install... I am looking at changing it around and tidying it up soon though I may get some photos then if you like.... As for the size of it all I put everything in the spare wheel well....

When aired out the lowest point is about 20mm from the ground.......

But once I work out some of the suspension I will hopefully be sitting lower

2 compressors and the tank is shaped like the spare tire?

Would you be able to let us know the brand??

I've read up a bit about air suspension for my Nissan cube.. apparently it is possible to have a single compressor only.. Obviously it would take longer to inflate and no bouncing/dancing.. and one ride height setting for all 4 corners.

Although you have two (that I can see), are they terribly noisy when they are compressing?

wow 20mm of the ground. that is simply amazing lol. and you say you want it lower? next thing you know, you'll be one with the ground :P

2 compressors and the tank is shaped like the spare tire?

Would you be able to let us know the brand??

I've read up a bit about air suspension for my Nissan cube.. apparently it is possible to have a single compressor only.. Obviously it would take longer to inflate and no bouncing/dancing.. and one ride height setting for all 4 corners.

Although you have two (that I can see), are they terribly noisy when they are compressing?

Yeah i have 2 Vair 380cc compressors and a pancake tank... fills the wheel well nicely witha bit of room to spare...

the air kit is from airrunner and controlled by an easystreet controller.... should be updating before summer though...

its not no noisey i have a rubber mat in the wheel well then fitted everything to a piece of MDF... double boltlocked the compressors and used rubber washers to veep the vibrations down.... as long as you check over the bolts on a regular

basis and tighten as needed it should be fine... in saying that i havent checked mine for a while and have noticed a noise increase but nothing to drastic....

with the kit for the cube i have seen a car running dual compressors in the wheel well just depends on how you mount them

and how you run the lines.... he was using flexi stainless lines like i am and not hard lines that alot of cube owners use.... most of his kit was hidden

• Like 1

wow 20mm of the ground. that is simply amazing lol. and you say you want it lower? next thing you know, you'll be one with the ground :P

yeah idealy i want to be sitting on the pinch rail front and back... the front will be alot easier then the back but not impossible

• 4 weeks later...

Been a while since I have posted in here...

Recently I had my wheels powder coated...

I decided to go orange so I could get a bit more pop from the wheels

dba5070f31df2340e7fcf05ed0648f7a.jpg

Got titres fitted today down at tyrepower in north melbourne... Anyone downs here in melbourne I would highly recommend them...

Here are the results....

This is ride height

null-9.jpg

null-6.jpg

Crappy pics as melbournes weather today has been horrible

And lastly just one of it aired out... The rears have about another inch for when I roll the guards and can get another additional inch once I change the rear shocks...

null-11.jpg

Quite happy with how she sits at the moment... Will be getting a set of rear camber shims fabricated after the national next weekend...

• 4 weeks later...

So took my rukus out for a quick spin tonite and gave her a quick spray down... Took some more pics with my phone....

null-55.jpg

null-53.jpg

null-59.jpg

Kicking it with the homies

null-43.jpg

null-49.jpg