OMG!!!!

pingu

:'( *cries* i come wake up this morning and see stiky stuff all over my drivers side door. thought it was chocolate milk or something.. drove the car out to wash it... then i see egg shells... and then i fainted... well not really but yeah.. then i took a deep breath and started to wash down the egg remains. i carefuly scratched off the stuck egg shell remains and then i just hand washed the yoke off with water b4 using soap. i was really hoping it didnt do any damage to my paint job.. (was hoping egg wasnt like coke or anything). but it turns out ok. Until i discovered a small creator in where the egg first had impact.

After drying the car, the creator was was etchy and ruff. So i decided to polish the whole side. You can still see it but it's smoother now. :( what to do. I tried to take a photo of it, it didnt turn out quite nicely because of the polish reflecting it. But you can sorta see the creator. Almost looks like a large thumb print in white against my black paint. My poor sportivo... :(

Any suggestions guys? Could use a little help. I can't believe poeple these days. Probably jelous... attached are 2 pictures...

Thanks guys...

post-1246-1130286421_thumb.jpg

post-1246-1130286437_thumb.jpg

Edited by pingu

man, doesnt that shi7 you?

Stupid clowns throwing crap at your car, a similar thing happened to me...once i was driving through Newcastle and some kid threw at rock at my car, hit the passenger side window.

It didnt do any damage at all, very luckily, however i stopped the car 100m up the road, contemplating whether to go back and paste the kids head into the sidewalk, but it was a bad part of town and was some 2am so i decided against it.

Definitely jealousy, because the bums dont own anything of worth themselves :angry:

Sorry, just thought i would have a whine about that, i am not sure how you would get rid of that egg crater without panel beating or something of the sort...

Unfortunately an egg does a lot of damage. You'll find that it may have put a dent in your door but the paint surface is also affected and a polish won't remove the evidence. When the egg hits the surface the shell breaks into tiny pieces and actually break the surface of the paint a little, then the yoke does the rest. :unsure:

It's acidic and then starts to etch the surface of the paint work and where the shell has impacted it'll have damaged it so the yoke will then start to eat away at the damaged area quicker than the undamaged area. If you leave it long enough it'll actually eat all the paint away down to bare metal. :o

By the look of the pics you may need to see a panel beater to get the paint work fixed and remove the dent if it has one. :(

OMG,

i never knwe it was this serious.. well i definately washed the egg off and soaped it up a few times.. would help? like washing away all the yoke and stuff.. i mean there is open paint.. as in i can sorta see the white coat in scratches but a good scrub should remove the egg remains right?

yeah we have egg throwers on our street almost twice a week without fail

but only at cars parked on the street so ilean t along time ago not to leave it there

BUT problem now is everyone has learnt so soon they will start throwing up driveways too

i wann find them so i can literally heab but them knock them out and take away there man hood with my steel caps

may seem cruel but i dont beleive in vandalism especially on peoples cars

cost to much money

hell i recently had people throw paint at my car if anyone here remembers

lucky it turned out alrihgt

there there to ease ur pain, i will guarantee every car on this forum has something wrong with it, from a few dents and repaint issues etc... not everything is perfect, unless you baby ur car constantly and never drive it, and it sits in your lounge room for a long long time =D.

My dad backed my car into something about 2 weeks after i got it. "side swipe on the right rear quarter panel". almost taking out the light with it. got it fixed :( but it will never be the same. the paints not perfect, theres a small bubble... (sigh) you get over it.

Thats the thing about black cars it looks all nice when you baby the car and all and wen "Wack" by another car or a bird goes dunny loo on it theres always marks, scratches r so much more noticeable when you scratch even the clear coat it leaves white marks.

if you want to try get it fixed, go to a panel beater and see if they can get those suction devices to get the dent out, but it will definitely leave marks, and cost a fair bit to fix.

*tried calling your insurance and say it was a hit and run by a wheelie bin?*

Park it in the sun, wait for it to heat up, then throw on some bacon :P

HAHAHA its not a funny topic but that managed to turn it around...

well i thought it was funny :P

seriously though that sucks so bad! Man if you ever find them promise me you'll crack them into the pavement or something. I HATE little ****s who vandalise things. Cars are so expensive and even the slightest blemish can cost hundreds to fix. But still, just because they were dropped on their heads at birth, they think its funny to go and throw an egg at someones car and cause them hundreds of dollars of damage! Thats such crap! I hope they are struck by leprosy or something.

:angry: bastards.

Eggs are bad for cars I found out. I got the Corolla Runx 1.8, girlfriend was driving home from work with it one evening and didn't realise that an egg from a passing dove or some other bird had dropped onto the bonnet....when she got home, no matter what i did with compound, polish, soap, nothing would remove the egg stain, i am scheduled to get it repainted :(