Toyota to sell Supercharged Corollas!

Cosmo

If everyone gave me $1 for the amount of times I have seen this topic, I would be able to afford another Stivo.  Hint -> Search "Compressor" and/or "Kompressor" dudes.

The Toyota Corolla Compressor aka Kompressor will be released in limited numbers in Australia early 2006 approx at $35k; minus the leather interior to reduce costs.  It will feature the supercharger, 17inch alloys, upgraded brakes, upgraded suspensions and a velour/suede interior.  Some Melbourne owners know I know for reasons.

Also the Toyota Corolla Compressor aka Kompressor has been in existance since 2004 in other areas of Europe, only now in the UK.  It also complies with Euro IV emissions with cable throttle, go figure.

Toyota Corolla Compressor aka Kompressor is available in 3 door and 5 door versions.  In Australia it will be released as the current 5 door hatchback version.

The HSV Astra will commence production and be available early 2006 at $42k, the Ford XR5 at $36k mid-to-late 2006, they are both targetted at very different areas of the market.

Also Fiat Punto (returning to Australia) and the VW Polo GTi will or have been released, so to a hot hatch version of the Nissan Tiida.

As a result there will be a lot of options for various for buyers next year.

P.S. Don't shoot the mesenger.

As far as i know, i won't be getting another fwd high powered car if i am reaching into my pocket for that sort of money. I know none of these cars will truely impress me. Imagine stepping on it in 2nd gear in a tight hairpin, it will either spin up the front wheels like carzy and understeer or simple be slow due to traction control and all the other gizmos. The VXR is a joke for a fwd, 320nm of torque! Come on.. just doesn't cut it for me guys. The DC2R, Clio Sport 182, or Pug 206 Gti180 are not heros when it comes to power or torque on paper. Its so good because it has total balance. Juts like traditionally the Suzuki Gti and Pug S15/S16 were legendary fwd hot hatches due to their great balance. These few cars are just like big muscly guys with no substance if you know what i mean.. too heavy for fwd. No offence big muscly guys out there ;)

Edited by ZEEROLLA

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Some Melbourne owners know I know for reasons.

P.S. Don't shoot the mesenger.

Can you please advise us of your source of info..
As far as i know, i won't be getting another fwd high powered car if i am reaching into my pocket for that sort of money.

I agree Zee, I'm actually now looking at either Non-Turbo XR6 (or equivelent at time of purchase) or Holden competitor, or 3 Series BMW....

The small car market has been fun, but I really don't think that small car manufacturer's are doing enough to keep consumers interested. It appears to me that the players that aren't really competitive, like Holden and Ford are doing their nuts to enter the market and be competitive but manufacturers like Toyota and Peugot feel that they do not need to do anything to keep the owners in this area...

Sorry, but I think it is a big car for me next time... :(

If the retail prices that was mentioned for each of those hot hatches, then man, its cheaper then i thought.

The XR5 and VXR are hot cars! Well the XR5 is decent i would say, but the VXR looks seriously good. The VXR has such a nice smooth hatch body.

vauxhall_astra_vxr_16_04_05.jpg

2050214.006.1M.jpg

Man if the Supercharged Corolla is going to retail for about $36k, that money seems alrite with all the other upgraded bits but no leather hmmmmmm.

Also, man im starting to like those mag design wheels, they also appear on the Lambos, looks pretty nice hehehe :)

its not really that much power, i would imagine that my car and the cars with unichips would be running about the same power, 220hp is 165kw at the flywheel

But do you think that in a quarter mile run you would get the VXR??

Remember this thing has been tested and does 6 secs 0-100 flat

...Northy seems to be forgetting that 2L turbo's also make a lot more torque than 1.8 NA's...

Remember, look at the area UNDER the curve...

Edited by rollamods

Hey Northy,

I agree. Did u watch the video??

yes, i love top gear :)

its not really that much power, i would imagine that my car and the cars with unichips would be running about the same power, 220hp is 165kw at the flywheel

But do you think that in a quarter mile run you would get the VXR??

Remember this thing has been tested and does 6 secs 0-100 flat

it would prolly have me, would be interesting to see tho.

...Northy seems to be forgetting that 2L turbo's also make a lot more torque than 1.8 NA's...

Remember, look at the area UNDER the curve...

yes yes i know, not all of us have our head up our *****....i mean look at the bigger picture :P

If the retail prices that was mentioned for each of those hot hatches, then man, its cheaper then i thought.

The XR5 and VXR are hot cars! Well the XR5 is decent i would say, but the VXR looks seriously good. The VXR has such a nice smooth hatch body.

vauxhall_astra_vxr_16_04_05.jpg

2050214.006.1M.jpg

Man if the Supercharged Corolla is going to retail for about $36k, that money seems alrite with all the other upgraded bits but no leather hmmmmmm.

Also, man im starting to like those mag design wheels, they also appear on the Lambos, looks pretty nice hehehe :)

Oh yeah, they're the same rims eh

Looks like a bolt on supercharger without lowering the compression. Weird! With a turbo I'd understand because you want some torque before the turbo spools up but with an SC, it would work from idle. So they should have lowered the CR a bit and be able to get more torque out of the setup. Even 230-240Nm would still be good without lighting the front tyres.

BTW, VXR is nice on paper, but handling-wise....... ugh.... Megane 225 Cup is better.

Oh yeah, they're the same rims eh

No they're not!!!!

Well its just the centre that is slightly different, but both in similiar pattern. Check out the lamborghini gallardos and there mags have similiar design/pattern.

They are different all over. The centrs on the Holden are slightly sloped inwards and the centres on the Ford are outward pointing.

At the end of each of the 5 spokes, there are 2 'off shoots'. The Holden's 'off shoots' are shorter and meeting with the outer of the rim earlier leaving a larger gap between the spokes where the Ford's 'off shoots' are longer leaving less of a space between the spokes....

I could almost see where you think they are like the Lamboghini, as the styling has similarities....

post-421-1131141167_thumb.jpg

They are different all over.  The centrs on the Holden are slightly sloped inwards and the centres on the Ford are outward pointing.

At the end of each of the 5 spokes, there are 2 'off shoots'.  The Holden's 'off shoots' are shorter and meeting with the outer of the rim earlier leaving a larger gap between the spokes where the Ford's 'off shoots' are longer leaving less of a space between the spokes....

I could almost see where you think they are like the Lamboghini, as the styling has similarities....

Agree with your detailed description, but you have to admit, those wheels are remarkably similar in basic layout, 5 spoke from the centre, each spoke spliting into two to meet the rim.

I'd say both were trying to do Lamborghini take-offs ... and why wouldn't ya? :)

They are different all over.  The centrs on the Holden are slightly sloped inwards and the centres on the Ford are outward pointing.

At the end of each of the 5 spokes, there are 2 'off shoots'.  The Holden's 'off shoots' are shorter and meeting with the outer of the rim earlier leaving a larger gap between the spokes where the Ford's 'off shoots' are longer leaving less of a space between the spokes....

Agree with your detailed description, but you have to admit, those wheels are remarkably similar in basic layout, 5 spoke from the centre, each spoke spliting into two to meet the rim.

I'd say both were trying to do Lamborghini take-offs ... and why wouldn't ya? :)

opel take offs actually ;)

that "snowflake" style rim has always been a trademark of OPC.

:o  :o  ..... oh my!  :o  :o

ewwww ascent instrument cluster :lol:

Just because their white-faced doesn't make them Ascent gauges ... the standard tacho wouldn't read high enough, for a start ... more likely to be the Euro T-Sport dials, as thus:

Edited by Buddha

:o  :o  ..... oh my!  :o  :o

ewwww ascent instrument cluster :lol:

Just because their white-faced doesn't make them Ascent gauges ... the standard tacho wouldn't read high enough, for a start ... more likely to be the Euro T-Sport dials.

i know that... of course they're not ascent gauges, but the white face looks ugly, that's all.

but other than that, it looks pretty good. im having a hard time reading that brochure on 200% view in photoshop. i'm going blind :wacko: