Yaris YRX or Swift S

ya_arse

Hi everyone, total newbie to these forums. I did have a mazda sp23 but i had a major car accident and it was written off. Subsequently, i now have to look for another car, and have decided to look for something small and easy on the pocket in terms of fuel economy. Ive narrowed down my list down to two cars, the Suzuki Swift S and the Yarris 1.5L 5 door YRX.

Although, this forum is very quite, I would be keen to know if anyone has had experience with the new yaris. I have 27K to muck around which is my limit, but im just sick of pretrol these days since i drive to the city back and fro 5 days a week (sydney). Yaris and Swift both claim just over 6.1L/100km.

I woud like the swift but ive been told there is a waiting list of 2-3 months. In terms of accessories and options the swift lags behind the yaris.

If i get the yaris, i will be asking for spotivo spoiler, and body kit parts. I woudl like to know whether the 16inch rims of a rolla sportivo would fit the yaris. I also share a corolla sportivo with brother. So not, corolla is not an option =P.

Comments and suggestions are welcome !!!! Try to get this echo forum rolling !!!

Edited by ya_arse

How about... don't get a Yaris, get an Asent instead?

Hahaha, but if u had to choose beween the swift and the Yaris its toyota all the way man!

My reasoning? The Yaris VVT-I vs the Swift's non-adaptable VVT. U want fuel economy that will at least try to optimize to your driving style? VVTI is the way to go.

And look at the resale value... Toyota vs Suzuki!

But seriously, but cash is a problem. don't go new, buy a 2nd hand rolla!

How about... don't get a Yaris, get an Asent instead?

Hahaha, but if u had to choose beween the swift and the Yaris its toyota all the way man!

My reasoning? The Yaris VVT-I vs the Swift's non-adaptable VVT. U want fuel economy that will at least try to optimize to your driving style? VVTI is the way to go.

And look at the resale value... Toyota vs Suzuki!

But seriously, but cash is a problem. don't go new, buy a 2nd hand rolla!

I already own a corolla sportivo !!! After careful consideration ive chosen to go with a swift S. Its much better value, much quicker, and looks better in my opinion. Everything is great except for the stock cd player.. ill just install a after market stacker. Im planning to do up the swift and there seems to be a healthy modding sceen already for this new model. ;)

Its one zippy car, it redlines at 6500rpm !!!!

seriously the auto is not zippy.. hehe

nice car tho.

dunno about changing the stereo that soon, unless u can work out the steering wheel audio controls

The manual is alrite. Order a white Swift S the other day. Fun to drive for such a small car. In regards to the audio upgrade, im installing a clarion CeNet mp3 changer and i wil retain all the functionality of the audio controls.

I would get Yaris anyday. If you have a Stivo already use that for your "speed" needs, and the Yaris for your daily drive man. There is also the Honda Jazz (which is the zippiest of the lot) and Mazda2 which are both good little cars. And fuel economy was your reasoning behind a downgrade from an SP23 wasn't it, i would suggest getting the 1.3liter iDSI Honda Jazz instead of a 1.5liter.

Then when you have more cash and the modding bug bites into you big time, plonk in a K20A 210bhp iVTEC engine (should fit)! Woohoo! :D

had a look at the yaris 1.3 the other day,

very functional and everything. didnt' have time to test drive, but i have to say that the interior plastics are very... proton-like if you know what i mean.

another word would be cheap.. it just feels flimsy.

i hope the 1.5 isn't quite like it although i have the feeling the plastics are something most would have in common

• 3 weeks later...

I have just ordered a Yaris YRX 5 Door Manual with the extra safety pack (7 Airbags) - managed to get the dealer to pay for safety pack ($750), but only because he is a mate of a mate - otherwise its full retail, as they cannot keep-up with demand (Toyota has sold over 1700 Yaris's in the last month).

My total came to the following:

Yaris YRX 5 Door Manual (with Safety Pack) - $21,800 Drive Away with 12 Months Licence (includes Headlight Protectors, Scuff Guard, and F & R Carpet Mats), & $800 for Titanium Tint, Paint Glaze, Fabric/Carpet Protection & Dash Mat. Total - $22,600.

Incidentally, the 2006 built Yaris YRX will come standard with Rear Roof Spoiler, as well as Front, Rear & Side Skirts.

If you decide on a Yaris YRX, I can try and get you the same deal as I got, but my Yaris won't be delivered until the end of Feb 2006 (10 Weeks), due to the Safety Pack being a Factory Fit.

Let me know - softwarecdsanddvds@iinet.net.au

Edited by Derick

• 2 weeks later...

I have just ordered a Yaris YRX 5 Door Manual with the extra safety pack (7 Airbags) - managed to get the dealer to pay for safety pack ($750), but only because he is a mate of a mate - otherwise its full retail, as they cannot keep-up with demand (Toyota has sold over 1700 Yaris's in the last month).

Yaris YRX 5 Door Manual (with Safety Pack) - $21,800 Drive Away with 12 Months Licence (includes Headlight Protectors, Scuff Guard, and F & R Carpet Mats), & $800 for Titanium Tint, Paint Glaze, Fabric/Carpet Protection & Dash Mat. Total - $22,600.

Incidentally, the 2006 built Yaris YRX will come standard with Rear Roof Spoiler, as well as Front, Rear & Side Skirts.

If you decide on a Yaris YRX, I can try and get you the same deal as I got, but my Yaris won't be delivered until the end of Feb 2006 (10 Weeks), due to the Safety Pack being a Factory Fit.

How much for a 3 door with everything u have? I was thinking of trading my Stivo for one but thought i might wait for the "Sportivo" version if there is going to be one. Can your mate do me one with no more to pay? If not i will wait :P

oops just noticed u r in WA :P

Edited by ZEEROLLA

zee as if trade in ur stivo for a yaris pft

How much for a 3 door with everything u have? I was thinking of trading my Stivo for one but thought i might wait for the "Sportivo" version if there is going to be one. Can your mate do me one with no more to pay? If not i will wait :P

oops just noticed u r in WA :P

i bought a yaris about a month ago now and already ive put 17 inch chromes on it, 2 alpine subs an changed my front speakers (cause they didnt cut it with the subs)!!!! im now lookin at kitting it and possibly when warranty runs supercharging it!!!!

oh and they are extremly fuel effecient!!!!

xxx

i bought a yaris about a month ago now and already ive put 17 inch chromes on it, 2 alpine subs an changed my front speakers (cause they didnt cut it with the subs)!!!! im now lookin at kitting it and possibly when warranty runs supercharging it!!!!

oh and they are extremly fuel effecient!!!!

xxx

pics pics? :D The yaris is gorgeous :rolleyes:

im going to have to go against the trend... im sorry i like the suzuki swift more =P that being because my friends just got one with all the extras and by *** it looks nice

• 3 months later...

Hate to alarm you but apparently there's going to be a recall on the Swift's. Btw what is the least seen car brand broken down on the side of the road? Toyota. An old GTI Swift? I don't mind them. The new ones? From what I've heard if someone gave one too me I would sell it immediatley. But that's just what I've heard that's all. My mates mum was looking at one and she changed her mind pretty quick regarding build quality (heard about some console and interior problems). See how you go tho.

yeah i remember that article. that was so funny...

i gotta say i prefer the look of the swift, and it is more ballsy, but i would still always buy a toyota over a suzuki for the resale value, and the reliability you can expect from toyota...

but either way as long as you're doing it up then im proud of you :P

The price of a Yaris YRX can get you the NEW Civic Vti? and you get a 1800cc motor with the Civic, double wishbone rear suspension, roomier interior, space age dash etc. but do lose out a little on options compared to a Yaris YRX which has everything. I have also heard people paying $19Gs for the Yaris YR 1300cc though probably with some opions and i wonder why they do that.

Edited by ZEEROLLA