1ZZ Short Shifter

Otaku

If it is just the interior im pretty sure that it would either fit or if it doesnt it would'nt be very hard to modify the plastic interior!!!!!! :D Thats the fun of it isnt it we modify every other aspect of our cars im sure doing it to the interior isnt going to be any further from doing a body kit, a re-spray, interior re-trim.....etc But still it is possible to be done!!!! :lol: :D Isnt it????!!!!LOL.........."TIME AND EFFORT"........Anything can be done nowadays!!!!! :lol:

well, why don't u buy the mr-s one and then make it fit. or if u're adventurous enough, buy a supra one and make it fit. i'm sure with all the support u can get from TRD, u can do it.

u'd be so cool, esp since there is already one that goes in perfectly without mods.

Edited by shaohaok

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If it is just the interior im pretty sure that it would either fit or if it doesnt it would'nt be very hard to modify the plastic interior!!!!!! :D Thats the fun of it isnt it we modify every other aspect of our cars im sure doing it to the interior isnt going to be any further from doing a body kit, a re-spray, interior re-trim.....etc But still it is possible to be done!!!! :lol: :D Isnt it????!!!!LOL.........."TIME AND EFFORT"........Anything can be done nowadays!!!!! :lol:

well, why don't u buy the mr-s one and then make it fit. or if u're adventurous enough, buy a supra one and make it fit. i'm sure with all the support u can get from TRD, u can do it.

u'd be so cool, esp since there is already one that goes in perfectly without mods.

Well to start out with my original post was an idea to help out by saying "maybe u can use the ZZW30 quick shift kit"since it is so closely related to the 1zz-fe, but then the only responses from people were just blunt "NO" u cant do it.....But no-one followed up this statement of just a plain old NO with any reason WHY?? it couldnt be done!!! The closest reply that was given was a "MAYBE" it "COULD" be done but still there has not been a 100% reason why!!!! And then u have replies like yours :lol::lol::lol: no reason to get so serious bro its just a forum relax.......Well if you read wat it says on my signature it says i have an Auto so really why would i go buy a kit......I was trying to make a helpful suggestion but then people wanted to say u couldnt do it but no-one provided a reasonable answer to why u cant!!!so i just wanted more insight on it and i was just stating that anything can be dun if u really want it nowadays!!So since u know so much why cant u do it then and why cant you provide a decent answer???? :blink::blink::lol::lol:

He did.

Since your intention is wanting to help those 1zz-fe owners to get short shifter, which is fine, you may also wants to listen to those who knows. You ask if MR-S shifter can be fitted or not, the answer is there, no it can't be fitted. You ask why it can't be fitted, the answer is there too, interior design, and like I said which is related to the interior design (and engine being at the back for MR-S), the cable linkage is opposite direction.

So which part you do not understand till this point?

His original answer was just a plain NOPE and then he did say its the interior (which is great he finally answered my question with a reason why it cant be done)......I then replied with a light hearted answer "i guess if u really wanted to do it.... anything can be done these days with time and effort" :D my response would have been left at that.....But then he wanted to be a smart a** and then you want to jump in an drop ur 2cents worth in and take things so seriously for g.......o.....d..... sake you guys it a forum who cares just relax abit you are all so quick to jump on people and try and hammer them.....HAHAHAHHAAHAAA :lol: Get a hobby!!!!!

It's because you're pushing your opinion to the table. Its good if you're correct, but you don't really know yourself, so that alone don't makes it any helpful if waht you want is to inform others. So you may aswell listen.

my 2cents worth every single bit, because if you haven't already know me, I always tell the correct information. So is Shaohaok 2cents.

Now if those of who you that wish to buy short shifter for Corolla 1ZZ-FE, i'll lay it down to you all which one fits. TWM and TRD. How do I know TRD fits? Because I am the one who got Corolla 6spd TRD short shifter for 5spd 1ZZ-FE.

You may also wnt to try look for B&M, they usually have one for many cars.

Now RUNX, hopefully you don't get too personal in this, afterall, like you said, relax.

Edited by Danz

Sorry if this is redundant, but I just wanted to be clear:

You had no problems with the install of the TRD kit Danz? It was as straight forward as it is for the Sportivo?

At this stage I'd probably be leaning towards TMW due to the price, but I appreciate your comments and experience.

Well DANZ............I made the light hearted comment "i guess if u really wanted to do it.... anything can be done these days with time and effort" as a joke and SHAOHAOK has obviously taken it the wrong way as if i was posing sum type of challenge to him??!!!! :blink: As for "Pushing my opinion to the table", the only thing i was pushing to the table was "WHY" could'nt it be done???? When all SHAOHAOK replied to my post was a blunt "NOPE"......... I never wanted to get personal in this thread but i find it absolutey hillarious that sum people can take themsleves so seriously in this forum!!!! :lol::lol: I aslo draw the line at people trying to be smart A@ses!!!!!! <_< :D :lol: Thats very nice that you find yourself telling "correct information ALWAYS" i will have to take you up on that if i ever have any questions in the future regarding our motors.... thank you!!!! :)

Edited by "RuNx"

The TRD 6 spd will fit 100 percent, no drama, no joke, no modifications ever required.

TWM shifter is specifically made for the 5 spd 1ZZ-FE, it is shorter in both height and throw. Stockvvti got one, and now BanGn got one for his sportivo.

The TRD is very very nice, heavier initially, but you will get used to it, and yes it is easy to shift still. The harder you shift, the better it is. TWM do not come with craddle like the TRD, so it really is just a shorter rod (still is specifically made and sized, so don't be turned off). Seems to me the TWM is harder to shift, because you need to remember the leverage is shorter, hence harder to shift.

To explain why TRD shifter is so good even though the throw is very short (shorter than DC2R, even that I found to be very short), is because the shorter rod is positioned lower to this ball joint shifter linkage, hence the need to raise the cradle higher with its brass seating. You will know what I am talking about when you fit your TRD shifter.

I am yet to review TWM, but hearing it from BanGn, looks like TRD is my choice.

I always tell the correct information simply because:

1) I research what I need and want to know

2) I talk and listen to experienced members and discuss about my finding ( to Shaohaok most of the time )

3) I do it and review it

4) I share my experience to those who wants to know

If I don't know, I would say I don't know and not pretend I know.

The TRD 6 spd will fit 100 percent, no drama, no joke, no modifications ever required.

TWM shifter is specifically made for the 5 spd 1ZZ-FE, it is shorter in both height and throw. Stockvvti got one, and now BanGn got one for his sportivo.

The TRD is very very nice, heavier initially, but you will get used to it, and yes it is easy to shift still. The harder you shift, the better it is. TWM do not come with craddle like the TRD, so it really is just a shorter rod (still is specifically made and sized, so don't be turned off). Seems to me the TWM is harder to shift, because you need to remember the leverage is shorter, hence harder to shift.

To explain why TRD shifter is so good even though the throw is very short (shorter than DC2R, even that I found to be very short), is because the shorter rod is positioned lower to this ball joint shifter linkage, hence the need to raise the cradle higher with its brass seating. You will know what I am talking about when you fit your TRD shifter.

I am yet to review TWM, but hearing it from BanGn, looks like TRD is my choice.

See.......That was'nt so hard was it SHAOHAOK????DANZ can give a detailed answer!!!!! And i thought that u were also a wealth of knowlegde bro wat happened???...... mental block??!!! :blink::blink::lol: :D

so can anyone answer if the TWM shifter is angled towards the left hand side of the vehicle like it looks in the installation instructions?

With the AE92 TRD short shift, the American's used to complain that it was angled to the right hand side of the car like the stock item in japan/aus etc. They had to heat the shifter rod up and rotate the lever so it faced the left hand side instead of the right.

I know the stock 1ZZ aus shifter is angled towards the right hand side of the vehicle, so was just wondering of the TWM is angled towards the left being an american design.

See.......That was'nt so hard was it SHAOHAOK????DANZ can give a detailed answer!!!!! And i thought that u were also a wealth of knowlegde bro wat happened???...... mental block??!!! :blink::blink::lol: :D

Mabye Shao is sick of spoonfeeding people such as yourself who are obviously too lazy to go and do a bit of research.... Sure this is a forum for sharing information and what not... but when people ask questions that can easily be answered if they just did a little research.... I dont blame him at all for being Blunt.... Obviously people just want to increase their post counts..... :rolleyes:

Mabye Shao is sick of spoonfeeding people such as yourself who are obviously too lazy to go and do a bit of research.... Sure this is a forum for sharing information and what not... but when people ask questions that can easily be answered if they just did a little research.... I dont blame him at all for being Blunt.... Obviously people just want to increase their post counts..... :rolleyes:

Look bro number one this topic was not an easy one to research.... number two if it was such and easy topic why didnt you answer it???? :blink: LOoks like u are trying to get YOUR post count up!!! :lol::lol: :D

Look bro number one this topic was not an easy one to research.... number two if it was such and easy topic why didnt you answer it???? :blink: LOoks like u are trying to get YOUR post count up!!! :lol::lol: :D

Hahahaha yeah I am obviously so concerned with my post count... a whole 230 posts in over 20 months of membership.... compared to your 760 in less than 3 months :lol::lol::lol: Mabye i should take a leaf out of you book and post some useless dribble..... :lol:

The original topic was answered well before you started posting in the thread.... Otaku had read the thread and thanked the guys who provided the info for him.... and then you came in suggesting something that you had no idea if it would fit or was even similar.... actually looks like you were just trying to offload some stock

If so OTAKU PM i think i just maybe able to help u out??!!! :)

:rolleyes:

If you want to discuss this further feel free to PM me about it.... Saves the rest of the forum go'ers having to sift through all this crap

Edited by MAP81

HAHAHHAHAHAHAaaaa YOU GUYS ARE FUNNY!!!! :lol::lol: MAN U GUYS SHOULD JUST RELAX ITS ONLY A FORUM HAHAHAHHAHAAAAA :lol::lol: SOME PEOPLE GET SO WORKED UP ON THIS FORUM!!!!!!DUN CRY BRO!!! :( :( :lol: :D ^_^

oh well, that clears things up a bit. u're clearly in the wrong forum altogether.

http://www.tryhardcomedy.com.au/whores/forums/index.php

http://www.bigspoon.com.au/helpless/index.php

hope this helps.

HAHAHHAHAHAHAaaaa YOU GUYS ARE FUNNY!!!! :lol::lol: MAN U GUYS SHOULD JUST RELAX ITS ONLY A FORUM HAHAHAHHAHAAAAA :lol::lol: SOME PEOPLE GET SO WORKED UP ON THIS FORUM!!!!!!DUN CRY BRO!!! :( :( :lol: :D ^_^

I think that the reason why people get worked up is because they are serious about this forum, yes it may be only a forum to you but to most of us it is not only a source of good information, but also a source of many friendships that have formed.

I think that it is when people think that since this is just an online thing and "I can post anything I want cos no one will ever know who I am cos I hide behind a computer screen all day", that's when post get off-topic, people get hostile, and useless information gets passed around.

So I ask that everyone here please RESPECT the forum and most of all RESPECT one another.

Thank you.

I think that the reason why people get worked up is because they are serious about this forum, yes it may be only a forum to you but to most of us it is not only a source of good information, but also a source of many friendships that have formed.

I think that it is when people think that since this is just an online thing and "I can post anything I want cos no one will ever know who I am cos I hide behind a computer screen all day", that's when post get off-topic, people get hostile, and useless information gets passed around.

So I ask that everyone here please RESPECT the forum and most of all RESPECT one another.

Thank you.

Well E-Gene without trying to stirr-up the pot again for a second day!!!! My original posts were trying to be helpful and also to gain some understanding about if the ZZW30 quick shift could be used on the corolla that also uses a 1ZZ-fe 5speed M/T?? Instead i received unhelpful answers that just said NO without any explaination why!!! Note this question was also passed to some of the more knowledgable members on this forum and they were unsure aswell "they" being some of your fellow moderators!!! :blink: Well to get back onto the topic of the forum being a place for posting "helpful information" i think this forum is GREAT and dont spend time just intentionally posting crap in informative threads for the fun of it!! But unfortunately with one comment that i made which was originally just a light-hearted comment saying, "Well i guess anything can be done these days with time and effort" ending my search for if this could be possibly done :lol: This was taking the wrong way by one of the members, perhaps thinking that i was challenging him and this little argument followed........So in actual fact before replying to a topic "If you dont know anything about what a person has asked then dont reply!!! Or dont reply with one word answers that do not show any signs of thought or explaination to the question that has been asked.....And relax, read wat has been typed and dont be so quick to try and bite some-ones head off!!!!!

***SORRY FOR THE MISS UNDERSTANDING GUYS!!!!!!!!!!!!!*** :D :lol:

Trust Dr Danz he does his research.

I've personally been reluctant to get a short shift for the reason:

I'd like to have a shorter throw between shifts BUT

I quite like the height of my shifter, I find it falls to my hand perfectly and I don't have 'reach out' for it, it's right there at the right place for my height.

To try and compensate and make my shifts a little quicker, I've been investigating on and off heavier gear knobs, the theory is...

Heavier knob = More Leverage

More Leverage = Easier shift

Easier shift = Quicker shift.

Anyway, problem is, the heavy ones all look fugly - Look at the Razo ones and you'll see what I mean. The Conrero range is looking promising though.

My personal 2c worth.

Trust Dr Danz he does his research.

I've personally been reluctant to get a short shift for the reason:

I'd like to have a shorter throw between shifts BUT

I quite like the height of my shifter, I find it falls to my hand perfectly and I don't have 'reach out' for it, it's right there at the right place for my height.

To try and compensate and make my shifts a little quicker, I've been investigating on and off heavier gear knobs, the theory is...

Heavier knob = More Leverage

More Leverage = Easier shift

Easier shift = Quicker shift.

Anyway, problem is, the heavy ones all look fugly - Look at the Razo ones and you'll see what I mean. The Conrero range is looking promising though.

My personal 2c worth.

When you say heavier knob, how heavy are we talking about(approx in grams?) what about a nice momo knob? are they fat enough? Else i have this HEAVY chrome one (so heavy u can club ppl with it) from ralliart u can try, its a universal and even fits autos (no overdrive button) if u want to paly with it i can lend it to u.

When you say heavier knob, how heavy are we talking about(approx in grams?) what about a nice momo knob? are they fat enough? Else i have this HEAVY chrome one (so heavy u can club ppl with it) from ralliart u can try, its a universal and even fits autos (no overdrive button) if u want to paly with it i can lend it to u.

No Chrome! :lol:

Needs to be 300g +, standard one does already have a bit of weight in it ( I can't remember how much, a while since I weighed it ), so it has to be heavier but not too much so.

I can't remember who but someone here was using the Razo RA25A which is 340g and noted a positive improvement in shifts.

But then again over $100 just for a gear knob has made me reluctant to go down this path, better things to spend it on ;)