assistance with ignition leads required

Exiovus

Hey guys, I recently purchased my 1991 celica sx liftback, 5spd manual 2.2L 5sfe for $500. Im currently in the progress of fixing it up to my standards, but I have discovered the ignition leads in it are in bad shape. Im in need of new leads and all the local parts dealers want $130-$200 for the leads for my car, currently I have circular top leads and my car is also distrubutor for anyone wondering, will it matter if I buy leads that have square top plugs or do I have to get circular top plugs?

post-36702-0-48615800-1412777633_thumb.j

Presume you mean the part that sits over the top of the spark plug hole, Square or round shouldnt make any difference. Usually just that shape to keep the muck out of the hole which i presume is under them. Havent played with your model but thinking that is it

hey, thanks for the comment, I picked up some leads and got my interior all back to a nearly new condition the car now runs well, just took it for a drive, and have a knock in my front left corner it might be the stupid pod filter, but Im concerned it could be a ball joint. if it is does anyone know where I can get one for a good price or should I just get one from a wreckers?

Edited by Exiovus

• 4 weeks later...

Im concerned it could be a ball joint.

If it's a CV joint that's wearing out it would make a regular click, click, click sound when you're turning rather than just a knock. Personally, for a part like that which experiences a lot of stress, I wouldn't get a pre-worn one from a wrecker.

Edited by farge