A challenge has been issued ...

yeah im still in il be the sad car everyone laughs at!!!! i mite convince another yaris or two to come

I test drove a yaris before i bought the SP20...they are not too shabby..no idea how they'll go down the strip, but there will be a few stockish 1.8L 323s, and some older astinas there (some far more powerful than others...)...so i wouldnt discount your chances at throwing something down.

You can also rip things out to drop your weight (rear seats and spare wheel would prob yield the biggest results...)...

My car will prob be running without the rear seats, spare wheel and jack...

tho i wanna do some runs in street trim to get some benchmarks

superdave: not till late until the day..but i would like some rough numbers for when i go shopping for the sausages... BBQ is for a good cause...its for the "Buy LordWorm a Sports Exhaust Fund" :)

yeah il take my spare, jack, the 200 pairs of shoes (lol) an my subs(excuse me while i cry without them in my car!) an a yaris is only a 1.5L can anyone please give me tips to race

• Replies 171
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

yeah im still in il be the sad car everyone laughs at!!!! i mite convince another yaris or two to come

I test drove a yaris before i bought the SP20...they are not too shabby..no idea how they'll go down the strip, but there will be a few stockish 1.8L 323s, and some older astinas there (some far more powerful than others...)...so i wouldnt discount your chances at throwing something down.

You can also rip things out to drop your weight (rear seats and spare wheel would prob yield the biggest results...)...

My car will prob be running without the rear seats, spare wheel and jack...

tho i wanna do some runs in street trim to get some benchmarks

superdave: not till late until the day..but i would like some rough numbers for when i go shopping for the sausages... BBQ is for a good cause...its for the "Buy LordWorm a Sports Exhaust Fund" :)

yeah il take my spare, jack, the 200 pairs of shoes (lol) an my subs(excuse me while i cry without them in my car!) an a yaris is only a 1.5L can anyone please give me tips to race

Read the willowbank raceway website article on "working the lights". launches are a big part of drag racing...and often a race is won or lost on the start line.

I wouldnt be overly concerned about the displacement of your motor.. power to weight if king... not sure of the specs exactly.. but hte 1.5 makes reasonable power if i remember correctly, and the car weighs next to nothing... also, just get out there and have a bit of fun... thats what most of the people showing up are in it for...

Hi all,

Unfortunately.....something came up this saturday....so I won't be able to make it to cheer everyone on as we kick the mazda's butt..... :P

hehe... we'll see about that ;)

Also guys, still as yet no prize for the perpetual trophy... Northy: got any broken engine parts you can degrease and donate? :P

If there is no prize by race day, i'll just do up a cert... and when the trophy is made up it'll be presented to the winner at the start of the next race day... on the subject of next race day, i'm thinking circuit racing :P

Wet weather plan is being formulated...

I want to hold off calling the event until the latest possible moment, because if the track has time to dry out after possible rain everything will be going ahead (and be worth while because hopefully the clouds will keep alot of other people away for the day leaving the course pretty quiet...)

I'll post back once a plan has been worked out..but it'll likely just be a message posted here midmorning on saturday..

See you all on the day!

Ladies and Gentlemen...start your engines!

we're going ahead with this as planned.. Weatherman says clouds clearing tomorrow for ispwich so at this stage its on for young and old.

Meeting point at milton as mentioned...please exchange phone numbers with people you know/people who are going to turn up....so we can rustle up any stragglers if needs be.

If it *does* end up being called....we'll still head out for the sausage sizzle (sausages $1 a piece, +20 cents for onions...i thought 50c was a bit rich... i'll have a selection of sauces...and drinks if i can afford them, $0.80c a can. I wont have a float so please bring some change..!!!)..and then twilight and I are organising a backup plan cruise..which will likely be the gold coast via tamborine mountain (down the goat track..should be buckets of fun...). Running order for the cruise to be decided on the day to avoid stupidity that silvabullit witnessed on the AGT/OMC cruise.

Anyway

At this stage, get ready to eat some mazda dust boys and girls! :)

cya all at maccas tomorrow!

SOMEONE TAKE PICS !!!

i wanna see !!!!

I'll have a mate with a video camera or 2 setup...

we're looking at building a frame for an incar camera, if we're allowed to have one...

and there should be plenty of piccies....

i'll put up what i get on some webspace in the next week or so

F%$k pics i want videos of Stivos leaving Sp23s behind time and time again and i hope the 1zz's get ont top of the 3's. Will be a close one :P

well if i get my incar cam setup you might see a video of me getting dusted by a stivo..i'm going to have nothing on the sportivos at all (SP20, bolt stock)

but with northy out, silvabullit might have to pull the run of his life out to pip the fastest of our boys at hte posts :P

should be a great day out...after all the stuff that was said in the beginning, i think the general consensis is that it'll be a fairly close day...with some pretty full on modded mazdas (lots of internal work in alot of cases) taking on some hot rollas with loads of bolt ons....

hope the track is dry...hope the weather is good...hope we have a really cold evening...should be a great night out :)

Cool i with i could come up from sydney

Are there many mazfa boys in Syd?/ should hold somthign like this down here with them.

Whats the fastest sp23 timeslip you got on the fourm???

hell I wish I could go too .. and I was only up there on wednesday ..

pending success might be an idea to replicate it down here !

hey everyone i dont know if anyone will read this before you leave but i have to work this mornin(thats where i am now) so il meetin u all at the park so if anyone hears or sees me doin laps around the park an i cant find anyone run over an wave me down!!! cant wait to race today its goin to be so so much fun!

see u all really really soon

lauren xxx

should have a hundred or so pics, and some in car camera vids up tomorrow.

If someone could collate the toyota time sheets...i'll work out the prizes and have the certificates done up and emailed.

Preliminary standings show Twilightprotege with fastest ET (14.7 something), best reaction time (0.405), best 60 feet (2.006 or something..will find out exactly), and best burnout (he was the only guy i know of doing them....)

That still leaves highest top speed, and whatever else to work out which team won...

but honestly..who cares :) had a blast..awesome day out, good to see a few of you guys showing up! good to see the jet car, good to see the top fuel dragster s*** itself on its last run tonight..

all round awesome day.. thanks guys!

Oh congrats to yaris_girl_aus - judged best turned out toyota on the day by the mazda team :)

Edited by LordWorm

Oh congrats to yaris_girl_aus - judged best turned out toyota on the day by the mazda team :)

Sounds like yaris_girl_aus needs to eat her words! :lol:

Looking forward to seeing all the pics and videos ... looks like a good day was had by all.

If someone could collate the toyota time sheets...i'll work out the prizes and have the certificates done up and emailed.

Preliminary standings show Twilightprotege with fastest ET (14.7 something), best reaction time (0.405), best 60 feet (2.006 or something..will find out exactly), and best burnout (he was the only guy i know of doing them....)

That still leaves highest top speed, and whatever else to work out which team won...

but honestly..who cares :) had a blast..awesome day out, good to see a few of you guys showing up! good to see the jet car, good to see the top fuel dragster s*** itself on its last run tonight..

that 14.7 run was a red lighter :P even have it on tape :P so i think his best was actually a 14.8#-14.9

he should have been able to go quicker considering he was running drag tyres, took off his front and rear wipers, rear spoiler, boot trim, seats, center console, steering colum trim, spare, jack, and pretty much everything else that i was not welded to the car as we as the belt off the A/C and the alternator....

Hey guys was a good afternoon out. I didnt race but had fun watching u guys race and other sexy cars :). Cant wait too see some pics and videos. Hope i wasnt annoying any1 with my singing lol.\

Big Russ

your singing was fine... as long as you could put up with mine :)

Edited by HDACHE

that 14.7 run was a red lighter :P even have it on tape :P so i think his best was actually a 14.8#-14.9

he should have been able to go quicker considering he was running drag tyres, took off his front and rear wipers, rear spoiler, boot trim, seats, center console, steering colum trim, spare, jack, and pretty much everything else that i was not welded to the car as we as the belt off the A/C and the alternator....

.. even so 14.8 was faster than anyone i know of on the day... Alternator belt was still on.. But A/C and P/S belts were off.. He races the car in that trim all the time.. and since he's competeting in the minijam its pointless for him to run the car any other way... consistancy is key..

Dunno what your guys prob is with the tires...they are completely street legal... just more or less there to save his street tires from getting chewed to hell (like mine are following his burnout in my car...grr).. According to him, his best launches were on street tires way back when... He's pretty serious about it all though.. when there is prize money on the line i guess you've gotta be... if he had of put it down in street trim it might well have stuffed him up for the minijam, with the car responding differently to how he thought it would etc...

But all that aside, was an awesome time... we'll have to do it again sometime..on a quieter night (that is, not on a night before a major drag meet..)

I enjoyed beating a V8 down (yeh yeh, he over powered the wheels and did a 21sec pass where he shoulda done an 11 second pass..but a wins a win!!!!)

The Jet cars were awesome...especially at the end of hte night where one of them nearly exploded..heheh... fuel leaks = not good in a jet car..

There was also a top fuel dragster that had some grief at the end of the night... was pretty well stuffed as it staged..so the guy flogged it down the track and by the end i think he was running on around half his cyls, with all sorts of crap flying out the header..

Anyway, was great meeting up with you guys ... hopefully next time more drivers will put their cars down the track (i think you guys had about 4 running, we had about 6.... we had about 15 ppl saying they were gunna race, guess people chicken out when it actually comes to sacking up and doing it..)

Cya all at the next race =)

Edited by SILVABULLIT