parasitic power drain issue need help

Exiovus

Hey guys, Im nearly finished fixing my st184 celica, but I have discovered I have a parasitic drain drawing 0.25A when my battery is hooked up and no systems on. I have gone through the procedure of checking all my fuses, and removing them one at a time to try and find the system that is draining the battery but it seems to be nothing to do with any of the fuse systems. however when the battery terminals were on and no keys in the ignition I would hear a single clicking noise coming from the dash area I'm not sure if this is normal or a possible source of the drain, if anyone has any ideas or suggestions please let me know so I can figure this out rather then going to an auto electrician.

thank you.

ok, I had a good look right up the dash, and found a dynamco australia box which I believe to be this http://www.dynamco.com.au/images/P165_kit.jpg

along with a clear purple box that has kenwood on it and a fuse inside I have no idea that that is I doubt its a cross over.

Edited by Exiovus

I would be leaning more towards the Kenwood box over the Dynamco alarm, but the alarm would be easy to test. Disconnect the loom going into the Dynamco box and see if you still have a power drain.

well I will be looking at it more tomorrow to see how far the wiring goes and where. so tomorrow I will see what I can do and hopefully rip that crap out.

ok well I found out that the immobilizer is the source of the power drain I disconected it but its far too complex for me, my car eletronics knowledge only goes as far as minor wiring and car steareos so Im going to put it back togethor and next week I will book it in to have it removed hopefully it doesnt cost me an arm and a leg.