T-Sport Compressor anyone ?

xoom

Can I ask the guys out there with Jap hatches, do they fall off too?? I'm curious, as if the jap ones do, then it is a design fault, not SA's.

Thank you!!!

Every toyota factory is to jap satisfaction. And if this is the case that all the SA rollas are falling apart then i beg the question close it down!

And i also ask why the hell then are the stivos the rollas performance hatch arent buit in Japan?!?!?!

THey arnt built in japan to save costs. I have a 03 levin hatch and the light has not fallen off in the past 3 years. No teven once.

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

apart from the clutch issue and passenger door seal i ahvent had any issues with parts falling off etc..

although the rattles throughout the rev range are a concern..

and CORZZA the SA built corollas are inferior to the Jap built ones.. its common knowledge

Thanks guys! we had a rolla in sa and nothing ever went wrong with it. Infact they are the most reliable cars in the market in sa.

I think the problems are only happening to the Queensland stivos. Dont know what the reason for that could be........

No CORZZA. You see the one you had in SA was probably Jap built anyway. (not sure). When i was shopping for my rolla in 03, even the dealers were tellign me to stnad clear of the sportivo for they had moticed a massive difference in build quality over the Jap build rollas.

And then i remermber reading an article based on it. Its not just the Queensland Stivos. And its not just Stivos for that matter. Some Levins, Conquests and accents were built in SA and they also came out with a build quality close to hyundai.

ill try and find the article and post it here. Its just a known fact.

No CORZZA. You see the one you had in SA was probably Jap built anyway. (not sure). When i was shopping for my rolla in 03, even the dealers were tellign me to stnad clear of the sportivo for they had moticed a massive difference in build quality over the Jap build rollas.

And then i remermber reading an article based on it. Its not just the Queensland Stivos. And its not just Stivos for that matter. Some Levins, Conquests and accents were built in SA and they also came out with a build quality close to hyundai.

SA as in South African. I said it must be the queensland stivos just to pull Northys chain.

SA as in South African. I said it must be the queensland stivos just to pull Northys chain.

Hahah yeh i thought so.

Yeh SA as in south african

TO check this just look at the plate ont he driver site door and if the number starts with JTD or somthing like that then yours in made in Japan

Yeah it was '04

and its a locally designed and built Concept. i think they did it in Melbourne. it was to showcase Australia's ability to contribute to new models and ideas globally. pretty sure they made a drivable car.

Cool doors hey.

The Sportivo concept had a 180kW/305Nm s/c AZ-series 2.4 from the Camry ... some of us were saying that if the rumours are correct that the new Rolla's are getting an AZ-series 2.0, then maybe the Sportivo motor would fit the new Rolla's too ... :D

Thanks guys! we had a rolla in sa and nothing ever went wrong with it. Infact they are the most reliable cars in the market in sa.

I think the problems are only happening to the Queensland stivos. Dont know what the reason for that could be........

That's because we're the only ones driving the cars they way they're meant to be driven...... :P

That's because we're the only ones driving the cars they way they're meant to be driven...... :P

;) ;)

While Silva's comment on driving is probably true, I think there have been just as many issues in NSW, Vic, etc. as in Queensland. But as far as reports on here are concerned, there are certainly more issues with the South African cars than with the Japanese cars.

I think its considered acceptable to have a few quality problems with new cars nowadays. Nothing is perfect, and i know mine is far from perfect and we all expect a NEW CAR to be perfect but it is not, and will never be. Just like our missus :P Every car is different so each car will have its own "problems" and what are considered "problems" to one might be considered acceptable to another, so just love what we have and count ourselves lucky we ain't driving a heap of junk.

Well chalk up 2 cars for WA. I had some minor problems with my car (Should have been picked up by the dealer) and a major defect with my friends car which is still an ongoing battle (Should have been picked up in dealer delivery as well) - both where brand new cars. Will be going to see my friend this arvo so it will be interesting to see where he is now with his car.

Suffice to say I believe a new car should have ZERO problems for at least one week ! (After all that is why I bought a new car for)

Russell

While Silva's comment on driving is probably true, I think there have been just as many issues in NSW, Vic, etc. as in Queensland. But as far as reports on here are concerned, there are certainly more issues with the South African cars than with the Japanese cars.

..... So far iv had not issues with mine.

Thats because your's was put together in Japan and not South Africa ..... Bloody South African quality :angry::angry::angry::angry: nothing good ever comes out of that country ..... Sorry where u from again Peter ? :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol: