T-Sport Compressor anyone ?

xoom

..... So far iv had not issues with mine.

Thats because your's was put together in Japan and not South Africa ..... Bloody South African quality :angry::angry::angry::angry: nothing good ever comes out of that country ..... Sorry where u from again Peter ? :P :P :P :lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

yeah pete .. where you from again ... :) :) :) :) hahahhahahah...

ohhh by the way .. we are doing well in the cricket today !! .... gilly on fire ! ..

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

common ... im sure u guys will beat Sri Lanka ..

you need something to cheer for ... coz at 327 with 2 overs left I dont like your chances of chasing that on this fine evening :D :D

cursin.gifcursin.gif !!!!!!!!!!

Can I ask the guys out there with Jap hatches, do they fall off too?? I'm curious, as if the jap ones do, then it is a design fault, not SA's.

Thank you!!!

Every toyota factory is to jap satisfaction. And if this is the case that all the SA rollas are falling apart then i beg the question close it down!

And i also ask why the hell then are the stivos the rollas performance hatch arent buit in Japan?!?!?!

Cheaper labour! I was shocked when i heard that they were made in SA, but if you think about it, BMW 3 series are made there too. I say no difference as in built quality. My guess is that it's all about how you treat the car. Mum has had sportivo v6 2005 model brand new and rides like new. No faults or troubleshoots. And this is sportivo corolla, it would be a shame for toyota if they start breaking down or start trouble with transmission etc, especially on the sportivo model :)

Can I ask the guys out there with Jap hatches, do they fall off too?? I'm curious, as if the jap ones do, then it is a design fault, not SA's.

Thank you!!!

Every toyota factory is to jap satisfaction. And if this is the case that all the SA rollas are falling apart then i beg the question close it down!

And i also ask why the hell then are the stivos the rollas performance hatch arent buit in Japan?!?!?!

Cheaper labour! I was shocked when i heard that they were made in SA, but if you think about it, BMW 3 series are made there too. I say no difference as in built quality. My guess is that it's all about how you treat the car. Mum has had sportivo v6 2005 model brand new and rides like new. No faults or troubleshoots. And this is sportivo corolla, it would be a shame for toyota if they start breaking down or start trouble with transmission etc, especially on the sportivo model :)

Well im guessing im going to own one of the last made sportivo corolla's and relying on my dads words, it should run very well without problems. if serviced regularly, even more reliability :)

Edited by Buri_Sportivo

Thank you!!!

Thank you!!!

Well im guessing im going to own one of the last made sportivo corolla's and relying on my dads words, it should run very well without problems. if serviced regularly, even more reliability :)

trust me mate. there is quite a difference between the jap built 1zz and 2zz runX/alleX and the sportivo coming out of SouthAfrica.

Anyone been able to establish a price on that rear lip?

Well work it like this!

Toyota front sportivo lip quoted $930 painted.

Thank you!!!

Yip sa have a bmw factory there and an opel factory aka holden. all of them seem to be fine! Unless they export the rubbish?

the SA built VW's aren't as good as the german built VW's... eg, seams not being welded correctly leaking water into the cabin when it rains etc... ;)

Edited by rollamods

Mum has had sportivo v6 2005 model brand new and rides like new. No faults or troubleshoots.

V6? camry sportivo.. not built in SA

Only the Corolla Sportivos come from SA..

I must admit i havent had much trouble now... the clutch is the only ongoing saga in my cars life..

Ill upgrade it one day.. if i can afford too

the SA built VW's aren't as good as the german built VW's... eg, seams not being welded correctly leaking water into the cabin when it rains etc... ;)

Never heard of that! and we have owned Vw's in SA since 1990

go do a search in the Australian regional section of VWvortex, there's pics and the "official" explanation from VW, along with their response that they are not replacing the vehicles with improperly welded seams.

If my brand new $45K car leaked when it was wet, I'd want a refund.

• 7 months later...

It is a pity,

I have had pieces of mine (namely inner plastic guard) fall off, because they didn't put all the plastic clips in at the SA plant when they made the car. I happend to be doing over 100 mph (yes i was in NT) when it flew out, needless to say, I shat for a moment when it happened. The air pressuse sheared the clips that were there clean off.

Upon closer inspection, 3 clips had NEVER been there, and it was on the front part and the lower front part, which of course is where the plastic guard cops the most abuse from air/water etc.

I'm not knocking SA specifically, I'm knocking Toyota, it often takes time to get a plant into a good rythm, may take 10+ years, I don't know how long SA has been exporting cars for, but the dudes on the production line need to know that EVERY part of a toyota has been engineered to be there, and they waste NOTHING, so by that rationale, they should put ALL the parts in, simple.

If Toyota are going to export cars from SA, then the dudes who are making the cars have to give a F***.

Oh, and I'm sure people will attest, how many of us have the inner boot tail-light covers (the carpeted ones) fall off???

Iv'e put mine back at least 30 times, now I have given up.

who cares how dodgy it is? lol we all know ...... its just a corolla which is no pagini zonda quality.

just do wut i do :P if it breaks sell it to a P plater :D

-mike

• 4 years later...

Anyone have any idea on where I can get the spoiler?

not sure if the exact one from the compressor or if it is still for sale but i remember xoom was selling one and according to his thread its still for sale. below is the link.

http://au.toyotaownersclub.com/forums/index.php/topic/29133-syd-xooms-parts-garage-sale-clearance/page__p__410061__hl__spoiler__fromsearch__1#entry410061

cheers

Dave