Corrolla Sportivo 2ZZGE tuning packages?

Jason - do you thin I would be wiser to invest in a turbo setup?? I was thinking with an appropriate sized turbocharger to not run out of top end flow, would only increase the effect of the torque hole on the standard setup. Remembering my drag strip days etc are not the main focus, Im looking for drivability and increasing the available grunt usefully I expect to be using less than 180fwkw. Apperently the compressor map on the blitz supercharger is peaking efficiency at 1.2 bar. The idea of a cetrifugal supercharger could work seems to be enough room.

What are peoples thoughts on this idea?

Marks turbo setup will be done soon, my new TIG arrives from the states this week ;)

What set up did you settle for with the exhaust manifold to the turbo?

Log type set up ?

Very curious to see the end outcome of this project. :D

we're not using a log type setup, I'll be doing three different manifolds. low mount, high mount and an example with some nice runners and merge collector.

light boost on the stivo will hold out for a while

but to be safe id rebuild the engine and get forged pistons and the works and lower the compression ratio

ive seen a 1.6L obtian over 300kw at the wheels.. who you ask? BLKCRX last sheet i saw was 314kw atw

and i saw it at autosalon win the dyno shootout with 300kw ... ive got video tape evidence even

we're not using a log type setup, I'll be doing three different manifolds. low mount, high mount and an example with some nice runners and merge collector.

I like the sound of option 3.

Using steam pipe to put these together ?

I like the sound of option 3.

Using steam pipe to put these together ?

yes, and option 3 is the most expensive as it's the most labour intensive, it's double the price of the others.

• 2 years later...
Rollamods - Northy will tell you i have placed my order for the blitz supercharger kit for the sportivo but ......I AM rebuilding the engine for the planned boost increase.

So far Im planning on a 9.0:1 compression ratio for good compromise.

Using Ridgecrest engineering rods + Arais forged pistons with ARP rod bolts, I think it should be a solid bottom end for the 1 - 1.2 bar boost planned for it.

Still up for ideas as to which ecu to run, I got a quote for $3000 for a motec m4 unit fitted and tuned by Yager Automotive, but i think i will need the M400 to control lift + datalog.

just wondering about what modifications i would need to make to the standard 2zz-ge engine to fit the super charger(a GReddy Supercharger Kit for Toyota Celica ZZT-231) i found this on ebay at the moment just need to know if that will fit on a sportivo Corolla 2003 model and what parts to strengthen the engine and roughly how much did you spend on the corolla for modification. thanks

post-10555-1224643810_thumb.jpg

Edited by prototype_sportivo86

Pretty sure it wont fit as the Celica has a different intake manifold to the Corolla and a few other things are different as well.

hmmmm u sure SB ?

that being said cruising the US forums ive noticed their 2zz powered rolla's seem to have the celica engine cover

e.g. http://www.9thgencorolla.com/forum/showpos...mp;postcount=90

hmmmm maybe they did the celica drop straight in for them ...... i'd need a closer look to confirm

• 2 years later...

2zz stock internals can handle stock boost around (7psi your in then safe zone) (10 psi your risking it) (anything over 10 ill give your car 1 week till it breaks down)

i have a friend with a celica who has turbod his 2zz his currently running it on 10 psi and the car is going strong. mind you its been over a year since he installed the turbo

2zz stock internals can handle stock boost around (7psi your in then safe zone) (10 psi your risking it) (anything over 10 ill give your car 1 week till it breaks down)

i have a friend with a celica who has turbod his 2zz his currently running it on 10 psi and the car is going strong. mind you its been over a year since he installed the turbo

^ Talk about thread reviving