Not happy jan.

So my Stivo went in on monday for its first service. We had a concern about a strange g'box noise and told the guys and they checked it out. They said they needed the car for a few days to replace some bearings in the g'box...ok fine no dramas there its only a few days.

Then today we recieve an interesting call from Peter Warren Toyota saying that we wont have the car for a MONTH because they have to order and replace the reverse gear from Japan and it will take approx. 21 days to get here, not to mention how long it will take to install. This is really frusturating as it is only a 2 month old car with low kays and already something needs to be replaced.

Tell them to fix it in a week or you want a loan car for the entire time the car is off the road. Norhty got told 3 weeks for parts for his car and funnily enough when toyota aust interviened they were here in 3 days.

So my Stivo went in on monday for its first service. We had a concern about a strange g'box noise and told the guys and they checked it out. They said they needed the car for a few days to replace some bearings in the g'box...ok fine no dramas there its only a few days.

Then today we recieve an interesting call from Peter Warren Toyota saying that we wont have the car for a MONTH because they have to order and replace the reverse gear from Japan and it will take approx. 21 days to get here, not to mention how long it will take to install. This is really frusturating as it is only a 2 month old car with low kays and already something needs to be replaced.

My recommendation for you is to seek compensation .... this is in no way your fault and as compensation if u need the car to say go 2 and from work then toyota should do something about that .... just because they're producing sub standard products doesnt mean u as the consumer needs to suffer .... I would start with the dealership and say they need to atleast compensate u for putting u out .... if they dont do anything contact toyota head office .... if they also wont do anything then ACCC/consumer affairs it is ..... i mean if it was a TV, radio etc i can understand but a car is a means of transportation and if they are going to take that away they should atleast have the decensy to replace that means of transportation for you .... Shame on you Mr Toyota :angry::angry::angry::angry::angry: <_< <_< <_< <_<

Tell them to fix it in a week or you want a loan car for the entire time the car is off the road. Norhty got told 3 weeks for parts for his car and funnily enough when toyota aust interviened they were here in 3 days.

They gave us a loan car, a 03 Corolla Ascent. But the point is having to wait 1 month so we can have the car back again, and its only a 2 month old car, really frusturating.

hey strawberry... tell me... what noise are you getting from the g'box and why do they need to replace the reverse gear???

reason why I ask is because mine went into service last saturday, i complained about a noise i get when i step on the clutch... or when the car hangs on 3000rpm... the noise is like a frog is in the car...

they told me that a bearing needed to be replaced... the service guy is actually a friend of mine.. he wanted me to wear in the clutch abit more before the work is to be carried out.....

hey strawberry... tell me... what noise are you getting from the g'box and why do they need to replace the reverse gear???

reason why I ask is because mine went into service last saturday, i complained about a noise i get when i step on the clutch... or when the car hangs on 3000rpm... the noise is like a frog is in the car...

they told me that a bearing needed to be replaced... the service guy is actually a friend of mine.. he wanted me to wear in the clutch abit more before the work is to be carried out.....

Hey man...i can't really describe the noise but i can tell you that it goes away when you put the clutch in...hope that helps.

anything that breaks, the replacements come from japan says somthing about the quality of parts...im guessing anything that breaks wont brake a 2nd time.

So the parts are not made in japan then shipped to SA to get assembled?

rofl... if the noise goes away when you put the clutch in, it's definately the throwout bearing, which sits on the clutch fork. Absolutely nothing to do with the box, and the nachi bearing costs somewhere between $15-30, I can't remember exactly.

yeah, the noise goes away when the clutch is fully in... on the freeway doing about 100kms the car is about 3000-32000rpm the noise is there until the engine revs drop to about 2900rpm. highly annoying!!!!

they gonna fix mine at next service and give me a new clutch....

btw redvvtli... my clutch doesn't "click"

Edited by GTiR88

All I can say is take it to another Dealer. I dealt with Peter Warren when I first got my car which is more than 2 years ago. I had so much problems with my car which i think was due to their incompetency. They will fix something and something else would be broken. One of the guys there even told me that I shouldn't be revving my car above 6000K and that I was abusing my car so they refused to look at the sticky gear shift issue. The fix turned out to be adjustment of the clutch. :angry:

I would never recommend those guys and if I was to take my car there for free services I wouldn't accept.

They really don't know what they are doing and I even know things regarding the fixes and recalls that we had before they do. Seriously....I strongly recommend u take ur car back and don't let them touch ur car again.

Reading ur post makes me think back at those days when I had so much problems with my car and it just pisses me off hearing that's its peter Warren. **** them!!!!

All I can say is take it to another Dealer. I dealt with Peter Warren when I first got my car which is more than 2 years ago. I had so much problems with my car which i think was due to their incompetency. They will fix something and something else would be broken. One of the guys there even told me that I shouldn't be revving my car above 6000K and that I was abusing my car so they refused to look at the sticky gear shift issue. The fix turned out to be adjustment of the clutch. :angry:

I would never recommend those guys and if I was to take my car there for free services I wouldn't accept.

They really don't know what they are doing and I even know things regarding the fixes and recalls that we had before they do. Seriously....I strongly recommend u take ur car back and don't let them touch ur car again.

Reading ur post makes me think back at those days when I had so much problems with my car and it just pisses me off hearing that's its peter Warren. **** them!!!!

Lol very interesting. I will take note of that thanks.

i'm also thinking you could have the characteristic gear cable rattles too - sound goes away below 2900rpm.. there was a fix for it but it returns after a while.. its been 2 years now and i ave pretty much gotten used to it.

I highly doubt there's anything wrong with your gearbox.. better go get your car back from these guys at toyota, you never know what they might be doing with it while you sleep :P

Edited by ZEEROLLA