Things to remember when taking delivery?

Hey Guys,

As most of you know, Im taking delivery of my Sportivo on saturday morning, and being someone who hasn't actually bought a new car before, I was wondering if any of you guys can give me any ideas on what to look at, remember etc.

Im thinking obviously check that the vehicle is as per the invoice in relation to extras etc, and making sure the paintwork is all ok but is there anything else anyone recommends looking at?

Cheers

JC

Check all panel gaps for allingment and consistancy.

Check for dents, scratches and scuff marks on the paint work.

Check underneath the car for transit damage (under side of side skirts, front bumper and floor rails)

Check the spare wheel, jack, and all the other crap in the boot.

Check all the rims and tyres for any signs of damage.

Check all the door trims for scratches and scuff marks.

Check all door sill trims of scratches and scuff marks.

Check the dash and center console for any signs of removal, if you find any ask them WHY!!

Check all leather trim on the seats/doors/gear boot and gear know for any signs of scratching or wear and tear.

Check under the bonnet to make sure you have an engine, $9000 to get one if you dont :P

Check all the fluid levels and make sure there is no leaks.

Check that the paint in the engine bay is of satisfactory finish.

Make sure that all your accessories are fitted.

Make a list of all faults you spot then hand it to the salesperson and ask how they wish to fix them for you. :D

I'm not sure about your dealer but when I picked up my car they gave me a pre-delivery checklist which covered things such as paint, interior, extras etc. Probably a good idea to take in silvabullits list aswell and double check each item as you go.

If you're not happy with anything then that's the time to let them know, don't let them pressure you into taking a car you're not 110% satisfied with!

Check all panel gaps for allingment and consistancy.

Check for dents, scratches and scuff marks on the paint work.

Check underneath the car for transit damage (under side of side skirts, front bumper and floor rails)

Check the spare wheel, jack, and all the other crap in the boot.

Check all the rims and tyres for any signs of damage.

Check all the door trims for scratches and scuff marks.

Check all door sill trims of scratches and scuff marks.

Check the dash and center console for any signs of removal, if you find any ask them WHY!!

Check all leather trim on the seats/doors/gear boot and gear know for any signs of scratching or wear and tear.

Check under the bonnet to make sure you have an engine, $9000 to get one if you dont :P

Check all the fluid levels and make sure there is no leaks.

Check that the paint in the engine bay is of satisfactory finish.

Make sure that all your accessories are fitted.

Make a list of all faults you spot then hand it to the salesperson and ask how they wish to fix them for you. :D

................and a dyno to check if it realllllly has 141kw at the flywheel :lol:

Can you take a new car for a pre-delivery spin?

That was one of the items on my dealers checklist, took the car for a quick spin down the road & back to their service headquarters.

which dealer was this - cause they definitely deserve a tick!

Check for any dents, scratches, scuffs left by removable accesories.

EG. Roof racks. Left mine on for a week, then when I took it off, found a dent coz they tightened it too hard..

Haven't bothered getting it fixed though... :P

Can you take a new car for a pre-delivery spin?

That was one of the items on my dealers checklist, took the car for a quick spin down the road & back to their service headquarters.

which dealer was this - cause they definitely deserve a tick!

Dealer was Tory Toyota - Albion Park Rail

Not sure if it's a common practise but since they're located on a dead end street I took it for a quick run, enough to check that the engine & gears ran smoothly up to a decent speed. The service department is located a few hundred metres down the highway and that was definately part of the checklist.

In reply to Bit Racer, my car had just over a kilometre when I picked it up ;)

Cheers for all your help guys, took delivery this morning, and its safely back to Brisbane (not without some clown trying to jump out in front of me at tweed heads whilst doing about $1.10).

Only issue was the small rubber on DS of windscreen came out at 100k and gave me the fright of my life, nothing a trip to the dealer wont fix, its already due for its 1000k service funnily enough . . . .