In need for Toyota Corolla ZZE122R Coilovers or Lowered Springs.

Hey guys, 

Im currently looking for any recommendations on where is the best place to get lowered springs or coilovers for a 2005 Toyota Corolla Levin. I see on Ebay and they go for 1000k+ in which is out of my budget range as which I am only 17. Ive been thinking on getting Kings Lowered Springs for a while but deep in my mind I still want some coilovers. If anybody has an idea or is selling what I need above. Please contact me. Your help would mean a lot! 

Cheers. 

Edited by alphasinity

I would be looking in Gumtree and eBay. Facebook search may turn up some worthwhile results.

If you want better hard cornering performance then this eBay listing may be of interest.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Toyota-Corolla-01-12-Celica-00-05-Ultra-Racing-Front-Lower-Brace-Bar-/282495564624?hash=item41c60c3b50:g:8s0AAOSwZVlXtVjL&vxp=mtr

With a limited budget [very much like myself] you are best to concentrate on the basics of having good shock absorbers/struts, brake rotors and brake pads etc.before proceeding further. Makes sense not to spend limited funds on modifications when your tyres or shocks need to be replaced.

Having said that, I have found eBay prices for King Springs to be quite competetive.

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/King-Springs-Suspension-Lowered-Front-and-Rear-Kit-KTFL105-KTRL106-/162438009698?hash=item25d20f5362:g:KO0AAOSwuxFYv0uh

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/50MM-Super-Low-F-R-King-Coil-Springs-For-TOYOTA-COROLLA-ZZE122-12-01-ON-/232018481572?epid=24003592895&hash=item36056111a4:g:kqwAAOSwPK1ZUl~i

It can pay off to wait and keep looking and saving. Just in case you find someone who is selling their coilovers because they are returning their vehicle back to stock for reselling purposes. Personally, I have not seen any '"ättractively priced" used coilovers.

• Like 1

A great combo I've seen is the Koni Yellow Adjustable shocks along with King Springs. Not too expensive from what I've seen but you can get a nice lower stance along with improved handling. Also having the ability to stiffen the shocks is a bonus.

https://www.koni.com/en-US/Cars/Products/Sport-Tuning/Sport/

• Like 1

Mind me if this sounds completely dumb however would it be possible if i buy the springs first and place them onto the stock front and rear shock absorbers/struts before buying any other aftermarket absorbers/struts in order to achieve that "low" look first. Would this be a completely stupid idea?  

Buy them and hang onto them until you can afford new shocks.

You will be paying twice the labour if you do one then the other and doing half a job is pointless.

Keep saving and be on the lookout for buying opportunities e.g. clearance/liquidation sale.

This was how I managed to buy on eBay both front and rear struts for my Nissan Pulsar project a few years ago. As I recall, they were ""old"" stock, new Monroe GT but on the shelf for about 12 months and got them about half-price. Since then, i have not seen that buying opportunity repeated.

I've got a set of Lovells springs for ZZE which will be available in a couple of weeks if you're interested? Also got KYB Excel-G shock absorbers for ZZE123 Sportivo (I think the only difference is the brake line mount). Less than 10,000kms on the lot. Flick me a message if you're interested and I'm sure we can work something out. 

• Like 1

It is possible to put lowering springs on the standard shocks but, I've heard some rumors that it can also wear the shocks out quicker (not sure if that's true though)

If you do it yourself each time, the only thing you'd need to put money on is getting a wheel alignment. The job is roughly 2-3 hours at the most but I'd say it's definitely best to wait until all the parts are gathered.

You can do it...but it will cost more.

If you do it yourself, beware of the risks and be confident of what you are doing.

You mess it up bad enough and you could end up killing yourself. I'm not joking.

2 hours ago, trentmeyer23 said:

You mess it up bad enough and you could end up killing yourself. I'm not joking.

Exactly why I double-check and even triple-check everything I do on the vehicle [and that is just the oil and filter change] with extra care and attention for the brake, suspension and steering.

Yes I understand all of the dangers and cautions I must take. I already have a few friends that work on cars in which they own corolla ae92s and the other drives a 4age Corolla sx. They have great experience with suspension set ups and wheel alignments as they both work in workshops. However I'm using this forum as a guide for me to know exactly what would be good/bad for my current Rolla. Im probably going to get springs first and install them in with my current shock absorbers, save enough until I can get another set of aftermarket shock absorbers/struts. Depending on how much I may be able to save I might just go for coilovers in the end.

Appreciate the feedback guys!