Driving Lights

KAA

Hi all, I am looking into replacing the bulbs in my Presara's driving lights, has anyone got any good suggestions and details as to what is worth looking at...mostly I am after a nice white light that is legal and provides good brightness..I have looked online but have not looked at how easy they are to replace yet so any hints and tips welcomed

Thanks in advance

KAA

• 3 months later...

Hi there KAA,

Why are you looking to replace the presara light bulbs? I assume you’re talking about the low beam main lights? On a Presara they are HID. I think they are awesome but can dim and play up with age. All you need to do is replace the Toshiba bulbs and they’re back to awesome again. I’ve replaced mine twice on my 2007 Presara. Did it myself to save a few hundred dollars. I attempted some that claimed higher brightness and higher colour temp but they were crap and I went back to original Toshibas. I do lots of night country and highway driving, the Presara lights I reckon are in the top 20% of cars out there. The new LED lights on high end cars are now better, but for a 2007 car it’s pretty darn good. 

I have replaced the fog lamp bulbs with LED bulbs and all the number plate bulbs (front and back) with LEDs. Unfortunately the fog lamps don’t really have a good beam focus, I can barely notice if they’re on or off on the road at night when the main HID lights are on. Despite them being quite bright.