Problem with audio system

Can anyone help me with this problem I have just purchased a 2007 aurion 6a presara but it has not got the map disk with it ( I knew  this when I purchased it ) not worried about the gps ! But should the radio work without the map disk can anyone confirm this thanks( toyoto do not have these map  discs any more regards jg

• 3 months later...

hi james I have a 2006 toyota  aurion presara , and No nothing will work without the Dvd  no radio, no cd player no reverse camera Nothing, and  i was told iff you find someone whos got one , you cant use a burned copy either it must be original dvd, Rob

Hi James, I am not 100% sure but I think Robin has it right, I recall when we changed our head unit the guy at Monster saying that the DVD is required. I am sure others will correct me if this isn't the case.

KAA

On 10/6/2021 at 3:11 PM, robin sonntag said:

hi james I have a 2006 toyota  aurion presara , and No nothing will work without the Dvd  no radio, no cd player no reverse camera Nothing, and  i was told iff you find someone whos got one , you cant use a burned copy either it must be original dvd, Rob

Forgive my ignorance on this particular subject, but you mean to say that you need a dvd inserted in the head unit for it to actually function ??

On 6/29/2021 at 2:17 PM, James goodwin said:

Can anyone help me with this problem I have just purchased a 2007 aurion 6a presara but it has not got the map disk with it ( I knew  this when I purchased it ) not worried about the gps ! But should the radio work without the map disk can anyone confirm this thanks( toyoto do not have these map  discs any more regards jg

Many people are junking the crappy Toyota head units and going aftermarket. Seems like these factory head units create more grief than they're worth.

If you are considering upgrading, even if it's a Chinese made one (I'd consider this an upgrade over the rubbish the factory dish out, yes),I'd look on ebay for something like this.

https://www.ebay.com.au/itm/224159981808?hash=item3430f9e0f0:g:qHEAAOSwwPRcIyjl

At least it's up to date with ALL the modern features needed without any dramas.