are u a toyota man/lady for life?

sportiyo

is your toyota good enough to make you buy another toyota? if not what brand will u choose for your next car? for me, the sportivo is good but there is too many things i worry about, not that i have a big issue with the car yet ( besides the notchy gear changes and sticky in high revs)but from what i read from "sportivo issues" it sounds pretty scary, every time i drive the car out i am worrying those thing happens to my car, so i think i will go back to honda in the future(in maybe 5years time) or the coming suzuki swift sports looks pretty good

Edited by sportiyo

I like my car but its an old car sooner or later it'll give.

I'm intersted in a "Holden Astra City" European model 95-96 model and has to be manual!

I test drove one i really like it looks like a mini commadore but nicer to me coz its not so big.

Well i've had my current Corolla for almost three years & prior to that I had an AE92 for about 3 years.

In that time i've driven the latest offerings i.e. from 2000 onwards from Ford (Falcon, Focus), Holden (Astra, Commodore) Mistubishi (Lancer, Magna) & Suzuki (Baleno, Cino) and none of them have been up to scratch, personally i'd take my old AE92 over the lot of 'em.

Anyway having said that unless Toyota offer a real alternative in the medium-large car market such as a JZX100 Chaser or Caladina i'll probably be looking elsewhere for my next car. I don't want a luxury Lexus 'though it would be nice, I just want a sporty AWD/RWD manual...

well our family has had 6 toyotas over the last 18 years ..

5 rollas and 1 camry .. and not 1 has missed a beat ..

2 pulsars and both had heart attacks and a honda HRV which broke a leg !!

when all you want is to get to a -> b .. and you just want to get into your car and drive ... just cant go past toyota ...

I still and always will love my Jeep wrangler ... and will probably buy one again in the future !! ...

BUT !! I still will always have a toyota parked right next to it !!

I'm a car whore, only purchase the best offering at the time, but not really loyal to brands, in Early 03, the best sub $25k 1.8 Hatch was the Corolla.

Who knows what my next purchase would be, Focus XR5 is looking good at the moment though.

My very first car was a 87 Toyota camry. I had her for 7 years before buying the Corolla.

I was thinking about the Astra and all its nifty features but the reliability of the Toyota won in the end.

Well, i just crashed my corolla.....:(

Current new car is the 2.4l lancer es...loads of feature and is cheap (i'm poor)

But if i had the money, i would go for either a wrx or a liberty (nice family car)...the awd because they r safe in the wet....

As long as the current Camry keeps going well I will be boring and stick to the Corolla or Camry for friends and family, though a Lexus IS300 would be sweet one day.

All comes down to reliability and costs to fix. Once the suspension and tyres are sorted a bit in these cars they are a great drive.

I have to say that I've been very pleased with my Toyota's so far ... my Starlet, after 6 years and 160,000 hard km's was running well when we traded her, and still holds a special place in my memory.

The wagon has been faultless over almost 2 years and 30,000kms, and even considering the number of new 4's that have been released since we bought it, there's none that compares, although a Mazda3 wagon would be considered if it existed. When are other manufacturers going to put an adult size rear seat in what are really medium-size cars these days?!

I think there might be a bigger car in our future, but it'll only be a Toyota if the Aurion is available as an AWD ... something about big cars and FWD that don't quite gel with me. If Toyota can't help, then I'd be more than happy with a 6 speed auto Falcon.

Edited by Buddha

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Hmm!! I have always been with Toyota since my old man loves Toyota but was kinda of disappointed this time around with the Stivo... but then again its not straight out from Japan...

I might give it another shot in the future but issue is: Is there a car from toyota worth buying other than the Rollas :)

my straight out 2 cents :)

I've done a full circle. My dad's first car was a 79 Corolla Sedan - - Orange of all colours. They don't make that colour any more :D . That was a great little car and back then that only cost about $2500 drive away :D

I'm first car was a 1984 Nissan Gazzle - - 2 doors, pop up lights, manual, a/c, manual sunroof; that's all you needed. And it's RWD... I miss that car... Drove it till it almost died, and never cost me any problems.

It did just over 350,000kms b4 selling it for $500.

This is my first brand new car -- 2003 Conquest Hatch. Great little zippy car. Wanted more of a sports car, but the wife wanted me to get a family car, so this was a comprimise.... I don't regret buying it. Don't really like the new models cause of the power drop. But if a Corolla (not talking about a sportivo) comes out with more than 100kw then I might consider it in the future.

Still saving up for a CAI :D

Hopefully the wife doesn't find out Ive been taking a few dollars out of the account to save up. ;)

Now how long will it take to get a CAI if I keep taking out $10 out of our account....

Calculating......

Calculating......

Calculating......

Still Calculating......

Ohhh s**ttttttt that's gonna take forever to get one... :lol::lol::lol::lol::huh::huh:

• 3 weeks later...

I grew up around V8's and i must say i love the corolla but if i get some spare cash to spend i would definately buy a second car for the weekend or for racing and it would be a SLR 5000 Torana it was the first TOUGH car i ever got to drive and the power is much more of a great feeling then high revs!!! And not to forget the beefy feeling from the engine you can feel in your stomach when just idling!! :D BUT I STIL LOVE TOYOTA having owned a supra previous to the rolla...