My 2016 toyota aurion sportivo

Jay1

Hi guys i’ve been lucky enough to get myself a 2016 toyota aurion sportivo as a p plater in SA. I’ve always read through this forum since my ownership but only decided to join now. I am abit late but who cares, up the aurion! The mods i have done to my car are as follows: 

- 18x8.5 +35 aftermarket avid av32 wheels in gloss black (i should have bought real wheels but i was in a rush) 

- cheap tires size 245/40/r18

-  gkteck extended lug nuts

- bc racing br series coilovers

- rolled rear guards

- pedders camber pins 

- tailight & reflectors vinyl tint (light smoke)

- gloss black ebay rear window spoiler

- custom slim plates with glass cover

No interior mods because i dont think it needs any. As of now i have not seen any gsv50 aurions done as clean as this one in SA. I am planning also planning to put an ultra racing rear sway bar and get a custom axle-back exhaust installed by a shop in the future. Here are some unprofessional photos of my dirty car.💯

B48C9742-D5B4-44D3-8F4E-E1698E2B642A.jpeg

78E9E7A4-924F-4EBE-96E8-94197D66E329.jpeg

• Thanks 2

Welcome to the Forum. As a P plater, suggest that you keep a low profile to avoid unwanted Police attention.

The Sportivo already has an upgraded rear anti-sway bar so maybe a bit of research to confirm whether it will be worthwhile.

Best value upgrade is a set of quality known brand tyres. With 18" wheels, there is a good choice of sports performance tyres with excellent grip.

Have a search on this Forum about what disc brake pads, members are using and recommending.

I have a set of braided performance brake hoses on my eBay watchlist but unlikely to buy because I mainly drive sedately and avoid hard braking situations.    

3 hours ago, campbeam said:

Welcome to the Forum. As a P plater, suggest that you keep a low profile to avoid unwanted Police attention.

The Sportivo already has an upgraded rear anti-sway bar so maybe a bit of research to confirm whether it will be worthwhile.

Best value upgrade is a set of quality known brand tyres. With 18" wheels, there is a good choice of sports performance tyres with excellent grip.

Have a search on this Forum about what disc brake pads, members are using and recommending.

I have a set of braided performance brake hoses on my eBay watchlist but unlikely to buy because I mainly drive sedately and avoid hard braking situations.    

4 hours ago, Tony Prodigy said:

Hello Jay and welcome to the forum mate.

Your Aurion looks shmick and tastefully done. The ride height is spot on. too. Well done. 

We will need more photos 😄:thumbsup:

Thanks tony, 

I will definitely upload more photos when i get to wash the car and take proper shots. I’m also keen for the exhaust which may be installed in 2 weeks time.😁

3 hours ago, campbeam said:

Thanks Campbeam,

i will be looking at good quality tires in the future but as of now the set that i have on will do, for daily driving. No police have pulled me over yet and hopefully putting on the exhaust won’t attract them. After all, its a little sleeper car.😉 And the exhaust that i want to put on are not extremely loud, but just abit louder and better tone than the factory.👍

7 minutes ago, Jay1 said:

Thanks Campbeam,

i will be looking at good quality tires in the future but as of now the set that i have on will do, for daily driving. No police have pulled me over yet and hopefully putting on the exhaust won’t attract them. After all, its a little sleeper car.😉 And the exhaust that i want to put on are not extremely loud, but just abit louder and better tone than the factory.👍

The disc and brake pads are also in really good condition and brakes well but i do want the klugger 2 piston calipers.

13 minutes ago, Jay1 said:

The disc and brake pads are also in really good condition and brakes well but i do want the klugger 2 piston calipers.

I have to say the stock brakes are excellent and stop very well so not sure how much better a 2 piston caliper will be. The Stock Aurion caliper has one big piston whereas the Kulger will be two smaller pistons. So is it a case of a placebo effect ? Who knows.

36 minutes ago, Tony Prodigy said:

I have to say the stock brakes are excellent and stop very well so not sure how much better a 2 piston caliper will be. The Stock Aurion caliper has one big piston whereas the Kulger will be two smaller pistons. So is it a case of a placebo effect ? Who knows.

If that’s the case it may not add too much braking performance but i’m pretty sure it’s not a placebo, it’s definitely there.

That's a sexy aurion, welcome. Regarding police, there's not much u can do as the "P" plate attracts their attention from the get go. If u have a driving history then it just gets worse from there. 

What will be the specs of the exhaust? 

25 minutes ago, Metal_Head said:

That's a sexy aurion, welcome. Regarding police, there's not much u can do as the "P" plate attracts their attention from the get go. If u have a driving history then it just gets worse from there. 

What will be the specs of the exhaust? 

Thanks mate, 

I am not too sure about the exhaust yet but the guy quoted me mild steel piping and sports mufflers with either a 3.5 or 4 inch stainless tips. In total he quoted me 700 which is abit pricey for an axleback in my opinion but the shop is highly reputable with 10+ years of experience. Let me know your thoughts if this is too expensive.

As campbeam mentioned, the sportivo already has an upgraded rear sway bar so I wouldn't bother. If you still wanted less understeer, then make use of the coilovers and dial in less negative camber in the rear than the front. Example: fronts set at - 1.25 deg & rears at - 0.75deg

Edited by Metal_Head

3 hours ago, Metal_Head said:

When u say axle back, do u mean just the rear section (2 mufflers)? 

Basically the axle back is everything after the 2 flanges that connect the exhausts.

19 minutes ago, Metal_Head said:

As campbeam mentioned, the sportivo already has an upgraded rear sway bar so I wouldn't bother. If you still wanted less understeer, then make use of the coilovers and dial in less negative camber in the rear than the front. Example: fronts set at - 1.25 deg & rears at 0.75deg

Thanks for letting me know before i wasted my money!

Regarding exhaust mods you have to choose mufflers carefully. You may spend 700 bucks and find u can barely hear it, or...... The drone will drive u insane. I went with a pair of redback A534GP resonators along with 100mm tips which I found fairly quiet so I had the middle factory resonator removed, whereas another member here found them a bit boomy. Everybody's ears are different haha.

https://au.toyotaownersclub.com/forums/topic/58070-rear-muffler-delete/

A pair redbacks are 140ish and tips less than that. Get some more quotes

https://www.ebay.com.au/itm/263744537644

Edited by Metal_Head

3 hours ago, Metal_Head said:

Regarding exhaust mods you have to choose mufflers carefully. You may spend 700 bucks and find u can barely hear it, or...... The drone will drive u insane. I went with a pair of redback A534GP resonators along with 100mm tips which I found fairly quiet so I had the middle factory resonator removed, whereas another member here found them a bit boomy. Everybody's ears are different haha.

https://au.toyotaownersclub.com/forums/topic/58070-rear-muffler-delete/

A pair redbacks are 140ish and tips less than that. Get some more quotes

https://www.ebay.com.au/itm/263744537644

Cheers man, greatly appreciated. I’m wondering if 4” tip is too big or not or if i should go with a 3.5” instead. Here is a comparison of the 4” and stock:35E4ACBD-CE5B-4BE8-B3D0-CC5185BECA1B.thumb.jpeg.a76c13e0fd51a78f37ad3b3eb5d9c861.jpeg97FF5E05-4DA7-4487-A5A2-A741AD57ABD5.thumb.jpeg.6fd0e77aeafb514d320e8f7806317a0b.jpeg

2D584E2B-F192-4F50-901A-FBE61BF93474.jpeg

Hmm. There's no cutouts in the bumper, so whilst the 4" would look great, it would have to be carefully placed as high as possible without rattling on the bumper...... Maybe not possible? 

Another option is the widest possible oval tips u can find, example... 

https://m.aliexpress.com/i/32957228832.html

9 hours ago, Metal_Head said:

Hmm. There's no cutouts in the bumper, so whilst the 4" would look great, it would have to be carefully placed as high as possible without rattling on the bumper...... Maybe not possible? 

Another option is the widest possible oval tips u can find, example... 

https://m.aliexpress.com/i/32957228832.html

I agree with Metal_Head about using widest possible oval tips. I think that it will better suit the Aurion from an aesthetics perspective. Also consider a slanted cut for better ground clearance when vehicle is going up or down a sloping driveway.  

2 hours ago, campbeam said:

I agree with Metal_Head about using widest possible oval tips. I think that it will better suit the Aurion from an aesthetics perspective. Also consider a slanted cut for better ground clearance when vehicle is going up or down a sloping driveway.  

Im not the biggest fan of the oval tips but i will still consider them. As for the slanted cut, that is a must now that my car is lowered.

I seen one of these sportivo today & particularly noticed half the muffler shows along with the entire tip from a side on view. The tip would have to be welded straight onto the muffler or would look funny, if ya know wat I mean

I wonder if a Mercedes diffuser could be grafted on.... 

IMG-20210720-161036.jpg

Edited by Metal_Head

4 hours ago, Metal_Head said:

I seen one of these today & particularly noticed half the muffler shows along with the entire tip from a side on view. The tip would have to be welded straight onto the muffler or would look funny, if ya know wat I mean

IMG-20210720-161036.jpg

Yes that’s what i hate about the stock tips because they shows the tiny pipe inside.😂

• 2 weeks later...
On 7/20/2021 at 5:54 PM, Metal_Head said:

I seen one of these sportivo today & particularly noticed half the muffler shows along with the entire tip from a side on view. The tip would have to be welded straight onto the muffler or would look funny, if ya know wat I mean

IMG-20210720-161036.jpg

pretty sure those are just fake tacked on vents, the real exhaust pipes are under the bumper. Least, thats what Audi, mercedes and every other euro manufacturer seems to be doing nowadays