Headlights

Tony Prodigy

As I plan to keep my vehicle long term, I want to stock up on various bits and pieces not only to keep it well maintained mechanically, but also cosmetically. The front of the car is the most obvious and if it's not up to snuff, then it tends to bring the rest of the car down. As the car ages, there's only so much you can do to try and keep it as fresh as possible before certain parts start getting tired. The headlights, grille and front bumper usually cop a hammering from the elements so I decided to invest in a set of brand new headlights and grille. All Genuine parts of course. I dont' have the grille on me at the moment as I had to move some stuff over to my parents place to clear some space at home here. So I won't be able to upload any pics of the grille at this time. I will share other bits I have stashed away a bit later. I have to dig them out 😁🤪

However, this is a few pics of one box I opened for the headlights. I just love a brand new fresh, minty part. These will be on standby for when they're needed. Got them for a decent price too considering how expensive they are at the stealer.

20201031_101634.thumb.jpg.6bef55977006fe0ae05be1bb273264cd.jpg

20201031_101701.thumb.jpg.99cc3c6cb98ca23482ea56e3304d132f.jpg

20201031_101719.thumb.jpg.736db8bab46ea6a831d18e42845302c3.jpg

20201031_101905.thumb.jpg.eee6d05ec859efd2b608e488cd02535e.jpg20201031_101912.thumb.jpg.34ead9951dfc5a9d0c23e27f494280b8.jpg

Nice, what'd those set you back if you don't mind me asking? I remember i just about fell over the time i went into my local dealership to enquire on the price for a left hand TRD headlight.... 

Well, I purchased both headlights October last year and they were $420 each, so $840 for the pair. The price has gone up significantly after just having checked before posting this and now you'll have to fork out $526.50. These are the Halogen Type, which is the standard headlight for ATX, Touring and Prodigy.
There is also the Xenon type which will set you back $1026 each. I also know that the Presara had those fancy active headlights that follow the curvature of the road. Those are around $726 each.

There's nothing like a brand new fresh, unblemished part, especially headlights. When I decide to install these, it will also be with a brand new Genuine Grille and Grille emblem. I may even consider having the bumper bars redone to refresh them from those little chips. That would complete the picture for the front.

I also have a pair of new genuine Toyota mirrors with dip feature stashed away too..:biggrin:

• Like 1

3 hours ago, ZZT86 said:

Have you thought about headlight covers &/or even a bonnet guard ?

I have genuine Toyota headlight protectors tucked away but no bonnet protector. I don't like the look of those to be honest. We don't do any highway driving as such to warrant having one and wifey's stint on the freeway is only short and I can honestly say, there's no rock chips on that frontal face where the bonnet protector would otherwise be. 

If we ever do an interstate drive, I have some clear vinyl protection film which I can  will apply to the frontal sections of the bonnet, guards, bumper and headlights. It's a temporary protection film that clings to the paint and with enough thickness to stop any penetration of road debris. It can be removed quite easily and reapplied when needed. 

• Like 1