White Corolla - stumped on wheel choices

Heatwave

Its that time of the life of our new white Corolla Conquest that we need to replace the original factory tires.

Surprisingly, a trip to the local tyre store yielded very good prices for 17-inch wheels + tires. The dilemma is, there is just way too many models to choose from, plus it doesn't help that a white car also limits on the number of models.

The limitations are:

* no chrome - they can peel off and just too hard to keep purrdy

* 17" maximum - to avoid road legalities and keep tyre/wheel package prices below $1,500

* no spring changes - I guess thats obvious :D

Does anyone out there have some idea of what wheels look great on a White 2003 Corolla Conquest Hatch?

It is preferred something with aggresive but also wide universal appeal, not a "some like it-some don't" look.

Comments + photos? :blink:

Edited by Heatwave

When looking at packages always look at the tyres supplied.

Most places supply cheap ***** tyres (eg Falken Ze326 - which slide like crazy in the wet).

Also 205/45/R17 is the preferred size for the corollas as these get the close size in diameter, however being an uncommon profile they can sometimes cost more.

Tempe tyres i think supply 205/40/R17, these tyres are smaller in diameter, meaning your speedo will you show you doing 100km when you're only doing 94km.

215/45/R17 is the more common and cheaper profile, however reports by some users is that it can scrape the guards, others say it doesnt unless you're taking hard corners, dont know why this is the case, but im guessing its got something to do with the offset of the rim (eg +38, +40, +45 etc), keep in mind the stock wheel is +45 offset.

End of the day i ended up looking for designs I liked and tyres i liked, and all the tyre places around to see what deal they could do. Surprisingly most are prepared to negotiate over the phone unlike car salesman!

I personally like the Toyo tyres as they are great value and handle well (and I believe are made in Japan too), but its up to you.

why not take a leaf out of E-Gene's book? White stivo, black gmax rims *HOTHOTHOT*!! :rolleyes:

Thanks Jules.

I toyed with the white rims idea as well, but I think that it looks too much like the Civic Type R look so I thought let's try the dark rims. Besides, it's waaayyy easier to keep clean.

Tempe tyres i think supply 205/40/R17, these tyres are smaller in diameter, meaning your speedo will you show you doing 100km when you're only doing 94km.

Just a quick point ... because he has a Conquest, he's replacing 195/60R15's, so 205/40R17's are actually just on 97 at an indicated 100kmh. B)

• 3 years later...

ive got a white corolla too with four stud wheel hubs so im also limited on choices but after doing some research i found a wheel which is perfect its the ADVANTI BLISS and it has an 8 hole pattern so it can be fitted to both a five sutd or four stud hub