Current Car Care Specials

Thanks mate, I was watching and waiting for the new TW Pure slick and slide car wash to arrive and saw an advert for it but even reduced it is over $50 for the 2.5 litres it think the size is, so went hmm no way will wait longer and use up my TW 3 in 1 wash I have. It looks a great wash Ph neutral and from what I have seen a great wash but not at that price. 

KAA

On 4/22/2022 at 10:20 AM, Squalled said:

Nice bunch there mate. I got the notifications too, and I ended up placing an order with Waxit for some nice goodies that were too good to miss. I did plenty of cross checking for prices and the deal I got trumped them all and by a decent margin too. I'll post up what I got when they arrive, which shouldn't be any day now.

I also noticed that Repco are still selling the old formula of "Seal n Shine". It's still a great product, just doesn't have the UV protection and doesn't have the perfumed smell. The Updated version of this is the "ICE- Seal n Shine", which has UV and a lovely smell. I have several bottles of this and I find it to be a worthy contender to the ceramic infused products they offer. Believe me, It's bloody good. 

On 4/22/2022 at 7:15 PM, KAA said:

Thanks mate, I was watching and waiting for the new TW Pure slick and slide car wash to arrive and saw an advert for it but even reduced it is over $50 for the 2.5 litres it think the size is, so went hmm no way will wait longer and use up my TW 3 in 1 wash I have. It looks a great wash Ph neutral and from what I have seen a great wash but not at that price. 

KAA

Turtle Wax are really killing it now with all their amazing products. I have to agree with you on this one Rob, the Pure Slick and Slide is on the money. Great foaming action with protective polymers is a no brainer and everyone should be using it. Should also be excellent with a foam cannon too. I will have to keep an eye out for this but will wait till I get through what I already have... :biggrin:

The beauty of using PH neutral formula is so that you don't erode any protective coatings you have on the paint. It's designed to clean and be gentle at the same time. Your Flex Wax coating will probably last 12 months if the car is garaged or car ported and washed using this stuff. 

It's been a while since washing or detailing any of my cars due to my hectic schedule, but I am hoping to get back into it real soon and be able to share more posts.

Yes Tony it looks a great product, as are nearly all they have released in this hybrid range. It is the cost that I have seen online that is really the downside right now. I also have a bit left to use but with all the rain of late has been delayed for a few fine days to come. The Flex Wax is fantastic as when I do wash I add a few sprays wipe it in while the car is wet and drying is so easy. Lets hope when all the new range finally arrives on the shelves there are some sales to grab a few at a decent price.

Keep Well and safe mate,

Robert

9 hours ago, KAA said:

It is the cost that I have seen online that is really the downside right now.

Yes, I hear you mate. The funny thing is when they release a new product, everyone rushes out to buy and their stock dries up, so the price inflates in the meantime, TW are masters of supply and demand. Kinda like the oil cartels lol... The prices I have been seeing on Amazon have been astronomical with at least 80% increase in pricing compared to when I made my purchase say 12 months prior. It's a blood bath and I'm having no part of it. If someone is that stupid to pay that extortionate amount, they are welcome. I have enough stock to last me a few years.

9 hours ago, KAA said:

The Flex Wax is fantastic as when I do wash I add a few sprays wipe it in while the car is wet and drying is so easy.

That's the ticket mate. A top up after each wash is ideal. You get the benefit of a drying aid and adding a bit to the existing layer. You don't need much either. Two sprays per panel, say the doors, boot lid, quarters and front guards and four sprays for the roof and bonnet,(2 sprays either side) and you're done.

The product has a bit of substance to it so it cover well for what little you use and the slickness is really satisfying when you run your hand over it. :thumbsup:

• Like 1

Hi all, sneaked into my local Supercheap yesterday and grabbed a 3 Lt Bottle of Auto Glym Polar Wash for $21.99 worth it as a Foam Wash Pre Wash and for half price as my alternative was the new Turtle Wax Pure Slick & Slide was like $75 which is a total rip off for the size of the bottle think the sale ends on the 7th.

KAA

Thanks for that. I've been meaning to try some Anti Fog products as I am faced daily with  fogged up glass and mirrors on my work vehicle when I leave early in the mornings and it's a pain to see the side mirrors as they fog back up even after I attempt to wipe them and the side windows with a small towel I keep in the car. I hope the anti fog actually does what it says.

Edited by Tony Prodigy

6 hours ago, Tony Prodigy said:

Anti Fog products as I am faced daily with  fogged up glass and mirrors

I will have to do the same especially after a bad experience this last Saturday night.

Combination of fogged up glass, rarely used service road on a dark rainy night plus poor street lighting resulted in me somehow cutting a corner and ending up on the wrong side of the road at the traffic lights.

Fortunately, I had the radio turned off so I did hear the warning from a driver who had stopped at the traffic lights in the correct lane.

9 hours ago, campbeam said:

I will have to do the same especially after a bad experience this last Saturday night.

Combination of fogged up glass, rarely used service road on a dark rainy night plus poor street lighting resulted in me somehow cutting a corner and ending up on the wrong side of the road at the traffic lights.

Fortunately, I had the radio turned off so I did hear the warning from a driver who had stopped at the traffic lights in the correct lane.

Wow ! Close call there Ash. It's bad enough trying to keep it together on a dodgy road in poor visibility and then have to contend with fogged up glass that you can't defog without some form of A/C heating and ventilation.
The mirrors just don't seem to defog on their own for some time, which is frustrating. Makes lane changes a little dicey. I've had occasions where I had to open the window on a very cold morning (before sunrise, so it's dark out), and have had to physically wipe the mirror by hand just so I can see what's behind me. Drives me nuts.

• 2 weeks later...

TY mate, saw this and some good bargains on there, I have banned myself for a little while from getting too excited with products at my auto stores purchases.

KAA

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks Mate, I can almost hear Tony's online shopping brain ticking over as he ponders hmm that looks handy for my stash of cleaning goodies

KAA

• Haha 2

• 2 weeks later...