Awsome Whiteline Front Strut Brace

I finaly got the spacers to fit my Whiteline front strut brace. All I can say is it handles fn awsome now. The front strut brace makes a huge diference in cornering. Go Whiteline!!

I finaly got the spacers to fit my Whiteline front strut brace. All I can say is it handles fn awsome now. The front strut brace makes a huge diference in cornering. Go Whiteline!!

I can see why mate, 2 front strut braces definitly increases torsional rigidity :P :D

I can see why mate, 2 front strut braces definitly increases torsional rigidity :P :D

er, just the one now :)

what did you do about the aluminium pipe that the brace sits on top of? just bend it down?

No dont bend it. If u have look its connect by a bracket at the strut. The pipe connection has rubber gromet (I think thats what it is) in between about 2cm long. Take the gromet off and connect it directly to the bracket. I couldnt find any bolts so I just ran the gromet underneath and used the same nuts. You will have 1mm of clearance between the strut brace and the aliminium pipe, so just put some electrical tape around the end of the pipe incase it rubs. I also put the accelerator over the strut brace so it sits naturally.

Edited by ZAV

All you have to do is bend the bracket slightly and it clears by heaps. Also run the throttle cable over the top by adjusting the spring bracket on the bolt up to clear the brace. :D My garage has some pics to give a better idea. ;)

All you have to do is bend the bracket slightly and it clears by heaps. Also run the throttle cable over the top by adjusting the spring bracket on the bolt up to clear the brace. :D My garage has some pics to give a better idea. ;)

I'll back this one up. Almost every Corolla in TOCAU (QLD) has a whiteline fitted by or with the supervision of Silvabullit done in this fashion, mine included, and I am not aware of anyone having a problem with it yet...

sorry i have little idea with these things and don't want to break anything >.< what would i use to bend the bracket and how much? i tried by hand but that doesn't seem to work

I installed my straight in and had no issues .. but i didnt use 2 spacers :S

sorry i have little idea with these things and don't want to break anything >.< what would i use to bend the bracket and how much? i tried by hand but that doesn't seem to work

Elbow Grease & brute force....

the slut bar is a great addition... not saying that it is the best addition.. does make the car slightly stiffer.. i also had an issue with the bolts whiteline sent out.. needless to say they were ****.... so just got a lager stiffer bolt....

goodboys,

yep they r in, just pm specialized32

goodboys -- u got a rear sway bar? do u also have an exhaust? sometimes they may clang when taking a corner hard .. happens on my mates evo4

goodboys,

goodboys -- u got a rear sway bar? do u also have an exhaust? sometimes they may clang when taking a corner hard .. happens on my mates evo4

yeah i got the rear sway.. just put back my stock exhaust .. the rattle sounds like its behind the dash.. i thought it was my modified cables.. toyota said it was my sway bar/strut bar.. u reckon its bc i havent got the spacers?

rattles when im cruising on 3,000rpm.. very noticable when stereo is off.

goodboys,

yeah i got the rear sway.. just put back my stock exhaust .. the rattle sounds like its behind the dash.. i thought it was my modified cables.. toyota said it was my sway bar/strut bar.. u reckon its bc i havent got the spacers?

maybe .. but all the spacers do is raise ur strut bar off ur chassis by about 1cm. avoids those bumps...

also you will be able to tighten ur nuts up alot more with the spacers coz the base points will be level.

goodboys,

Is the front strut bar touching anything ? Throttle cable maybe?

The rear sway bar will 'clang' if it's not tightened enough ( Remember it's metal on metal so any bit of movement and it will make noise ) The two rear sway bar bolts need to be tightened with alot of torque. The best thing to do is have toyota remove the bolts and then put them back on with a rattle gun.

goodboys,

Is the front strut bar touching anything ? Throttle cable maybe?

The rear sway bar will 'clang' if it's not tightened enough ( Remember it's metal on metal so any bit of movement and it will make noise ) The two rear sway bar bolts need to be tightened with alot of torque. The best thing to do is have toyota remove the bolts and then put them back on with a rattle gun.

i think toyota is just making excuses, since they have something else to blame now

Strut bar isnt touching anything .. my injen is pretty tight but there is no bracket holding it.. sway bar i dont know.. any of you guys with sway/strut bars have any new noises?

i have a front strut and rear swaybar too and yea i do hear noises from the from like a clicking noise when i take off and say when i go in and out of driveways and going over speeedhumps, i hear a clunk or metal to metal noise. i havent retighten the bolts since i installed it but might get around to doing it in my own time.

Strut bar isnt touching anything .. my injen is pretty tight but there is no bracket holding it.. sway bar i dont know.. any of you guys with sway/strut bars have any new noises?

i have a front strut and rear swaybar too and yea i do hear noises from the from like a clicking noise when i take off and say when i go in and out of driveways and going over speeedhumps, i hear a clunk or metal to metal noise. i havent retighten the bolts since i installed it but might get around to doing it in my own time.

Yes that's simply the rear sway bar bolts that need to be tighted, as I said, next time the car's in for service, just have them loosen then tighten the bolts with a rattle gun. It won't come back again.