Sportivo stock wheels

CheekySportivo

I ran my stock tyres at 38PSI cold, and 41PSI hot, dependant upon if I checked the pressures after driving around. But I do mainly highway driving. The original owner of my car ran the recommended pressures, hooray for shoulder wear! My new (205/50 16) tyres run at 40PSI cold.

I have always run tyres on all my cars with high pressure, the car feels so much better to drive, better economy and wear is more even for me.

Edited by SuperDave

I ran my stock tyres at 38PSI cold, and 41PSI hot, dependant upon if I checked the pressures after driving around. But I do mainly highway driving. The original owner of my car ran the recommended pressures, hooray for shoulder wear! My new (205/4? 16) tyres run at 40PSI cold.

I have always run tyres on all my cars with high pressure, the car feels so much better to drive, better economy and wear is more even for me.

I run my tyres normally at 38PSI for exactly the reason you have stated, HEAPS BETTER TYRE WEAR. Funny thing is everytime I take my car somewhere for Mechaincal work of any kind whoever works on the car reduces them to 32PSI & then they dont tell me they have made a change. One time I asked why they do this & the answer was

"YOU WILL GET BETTER TYRE WEAR"

The funny things is that My Brother has a Sportivo that he runs the same tyres on but he leaves them at 32PSI. His tyres are showing considerable wear on the outside edges at the 10k mark where mine are 30k old & show far less wear & I drive a lot harder than what my brother does.

Im my opinon its better to have higher pressure.

32PSI gives a softer ride as the side wall can compress more

36PSI doesn't allow as much compression so the ride will be slightly harder but your turn in response will improve dramtacially as well as other improvements.

Give it a go & see for yourself