Spotted : Police cars other than Commodore or Falcon

Ok .. ill start if of ...

Today .. on the way home ... Pacific hwy .. Heading north past st leonards heading toward chatswood..

A metallic mustard Saab 93s soft top .. With all the police signage ! .. so humourous....

thats right .. SAAB !!!

Ok .. ill start if of ...

Today .. on the way home ... Pacific hwy .. Heading north past st leonards heading toward chatswood..

A metallic mustard Saab 93s soft top .. With all the police signage ! .. so humourous....

thats right .. SAAB !!!

I think this Saab is a one-of-a-kind as I think it was a gift from Saab.

In Queensland, I've seen the bubble Mazda 121, the AWD Mitsubishi Magna VRX and some red "high visibility" Monaros (yeah, I know they're just 2 door Dunnydoors :P )

Not sure which state, but I've also seen a Smart ForTwo in police colours in Wheels, might have been NSW or Vic.

the smart car runs around in the city, at the bus terminal. Its aimed at getting closer to the community.

Please people with out me sounding like a newb, please tell me the obvious signs of an "unmarked" police car. I know the fords are base models, with steel wheels. Apart from that how do u tell a unmarked

Please dont flame me lol

the smart car runs around in the city, at the bus terminal. Its aimed at getting closer to the community.

Please people with out me sounding like a newb, please tell me the obvious signs of an "unmarked" police car. I know the fords are base models, with steel wheels. Apart from that how do u tell a unmarked

Please dont flame me lol

i guess thats the whole point... you dont know... the only other thing that makes them stick out is the massive strobe light thing on the dash... if you see a car with something big and square on the dash chances are its a cop... the other thing that has saved my ***** is the unmarked cops often have a few more aerials sticking out that they use for all their equipment. i was driving down the M4 one time and i was behind a green commodore for a while. i thought to myself "no i wont overtake cos it looks shifty with all the antennas". lucky i didnt because they pulled into the servo and as i went passed the occupants were cops...

I read an article in the early 90's about a guy who was travelling along a highway behind a Suzuki Sierra soft-top, couple of surfies at the wheel, boards on top, cruising along just under the posted speed limit.

Guy decides he's sick of following the surfies, so when conditions allow, he pulls out and creeps just over the speed limit to go round the Suzi. Passenger surfy then reaches down and pulls a blue strobe light out from under the seat ... guy busted!

I think he was taking the matter to court, given they didn't actually record what speed he was doing, only that they placed him in a postion where he would need to go over the speed limit to overtake. Didn't find out the outcome, unfortunately.

Just watch those surfies out there, they're dangerous to your licence's health! :P

There is a dark (either blue or black) coloured Astra Turbo, totally unmarked with what sounds like it has had some serious work done on the turbo that patrols the Gateway Motorway/Bruce Highway here in Qld between Caboolture and the Gateway Bridge.

The High-Vis Monaro's are a great addition to the Qld Police fleet. You see them a mile away (they are Bright Red with Flouro Yellow and Orange stickering) so if you get cought then you really are a bl00dy idiot....

rexy's with rally art?????????????????

exactly what i was thinking....

Rallyart = Mitsubishi....

Wouldnt Subaru be STI?

Cos if its a WRX with Rallyart well we now know its a copper or an idiot who thinks stickers make your car go faster. LOL

Btw do coppers change the plates on these cars? Cos if they dont maybe should get a register going. :P

Edited by neK

I'm hoping the rest of canberra crew know this already.

2005 V8 Landcruisers, either white, green, blue or maroon. Very dark tint, can just subtley make out lights on the roof rack. These are driven by the Resuce Unit. THEY WILL PULL YOU OVER lol. They did with me, but I got off. That's a secret though hehe.

All Queensland Government cars are registered in October - so unmarked police cars have a 10th month rego sticker.

But you will notice they put them on the side window of the car not the windscreen now.

I have heard the real undercover cops could be any month and any car.

Also all the fixed speed cameras are in 4WD's usually white land cruisers (although I have seen other colours).