Peak Hour Gripes ...

i have never left j's house with less money then when I arrived !!

ever?

jas you'd better check your piggy bank... :ph34r::ph34r:

not that he knows of anyway .... house always wins ....

blue rolla, I have only played the one time and went home with $!!!

but the house always always wins .. so I better watch it ..

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

les if it's only 5 minutes away why not ride a bike and save petrol <_<

would probably be quicker then sitting in traffic too

I am not a fan of motorbikes. I have a mountain bike and I will ride that to work once I get the flat fixed !

BUT would you ride a bike with drivers like these on the road ?! It's only 5 minutes to work, but it may cut my life short !

hahaha!!!! and jason keeps taking his cash in poker!

i have never left j's house with less money then when I arrived !!

pete you better turn up so i can take your money too !!

thats cool! you probably would! Im a newbie at poker!

-Women applying make up when they're supposed to be driving.

and men shaving whilst driving

I never get sick of saying this story but,

I once saw a guy doing weights in the car whilst driving.

HELLO?!?! WHO DOES CURLS IN TRAFFIC WITH ONE ARM WHILE STEERING WITH THE OTHER? WHAT DO YOU DO IF SOMETHING BAD HAPPENS? DROP THE WEIGHT ON YOUR LEG?

Otherwise. I'm guilty of alot of those things. I drive with driving/fog lights on in the day, i weave through lanes, dont use a blinker, speed through peak traffic, take off at the lights, zoom up ending lanes and forcing my way into the continuing lane, etc etc etc. But I do pay attention to whats going on and focus on whats going on around me.

HELLO?!?! WHO DOES CURLS IN TRAFFIC WITH ONE ARM WHILE STEERING WITH THE OTHER? WHAT DO YOU DO IF SOMETHING BAD HAPPENS? DROP THE WEIGHT ON YOUR LEG?

Otherwise. I'm guilty of alot of those things. I drive with driving/fog lights on in the day, i weave through lanes, dont use a blinker, speed through peak traffic, take off at the lights, zoom up ending lanes and forcing my way into the continuing lane, etc etc etc. But I do pay attention to whats going on and focus on whats going on around me.

I saw some bloke reading a novel while driving, had it weaved into the steering wheel. And kept reading as he took off from the lights :lol:

But weights would be a classic

I saw some bloke reading a novel while driving, had it weaved into the steering wheel. And kept reading as he took off from the lights :lol:

But weights would be a classic

Lipstick up the nose was still the funniest thing I'd seen lol

I am not a fan of motorbikes. I have a mountain bike and I will ride that to work once I get the flat fixed !

BUT would you ride a bike with drivers like these on the road ?! It's only 5 minutes to work, but it may cut my life short !

Actually I do ride everyday :)

but I take the back streets and bike paths ;)

I value my life too much to take the main roads... thogh negotiating through a traffic jam is fun an really pisses off the drivers that can only sit there and do nothing... or perhaps a few curls :lol::lol::lol:

Actually I do ride everyday :)

but I take the back streets and bike paths ;)

I value my life too much to take the main roads... thogh negotiating through a traffic jam is fun an really pisses off the drivers that can only sit there and do nothing... or perhaps a few curls :lol::lol::lol:

My Father used to ride moto's. He was rammed off the road by another car who didn't see him when they were changing lanes. My dad was nearly killed. He woke up on the entrance rug or a prestigious hotel here in Canberra, where he'd ended up after dragging and skidding 20m off his bike. A police officer at the scene noticed he was out of his daze, "Don't look down mate, Ambulance is here now.". My father looked down. His shin bone was shattered in two, the lower part sicking out of his leg. He had a steel pin in there for 6 years before having to have his leg broken again to get it out. He was happy as he nearly lost his leg. He hasn't riddin since. Neither will I. I hate the things. Like watching them, but not riding them.

dude... I'm talking about a push bike, not a motor bike... <_<

I have been talking about saving time a petrol... motor bikes still use petrol...

sorry to hear about your dad but I too have had my grandfather, 2 uncles and a couple of family friends all seriously hurt in motor cycle accidents (one of my uncles by a bus) so I know where you are coming from, and would never ride a motorbike on city streets either.

But I've been cycling for many years and also had close calls, but the speeds I do on the treadly do not come close to those on a motor bike. Most of my accidents or near misses involved parked cars pulling out on main roads where the driver was not paying attention...

dude... I'm talking about a push bike, not a motor bike... <_<

I have been talking about saving time a petrol... motor bikes still use petrol...

sorry to hear about your dad but I too have had my grandfather, 2 uncles and a couple of family friends all seriously hurt in motor cycle accidents (one of my uncles by a bus) so I know where you are coming from, and would never ride a motorbike on city streets either.

But I've been cycling for many years and also had close calls, but the speeds I do on the treadly do not come close to those on a motor bike. Most of my accidents or near misses involved parked cars pulling out on main roads where the driver was not paying attention...

Oh I know man. It was more aimed it Les that one. And yeah...I dunno. I like the idea of being on 4 wheels and surrounded by metal more. It's safer lol. And I agree...car drivers need to pay attention more, but motorcyclists who do stupid **** like cutting in and out of lanes and going up in between lanes at a set of lights really annoy me. I have no patience for them. Soz to hear about your family moto troubles too.

i blame Lutwyche Rd

and Beams Road, and Gateway Motorway, and bowenbridge Road, and Gympie Road... :P

More reason to come .. Pete ... :)

We need to hook up the car wash and hungry Jacks again mate !

Yeah for sure!!!

Regardless of riding a bicycle (slower speeds) or motorbike, YOU WILL LOSE OUT is a smash with a car (obviously). Will have to stick with driving (unfortunately) ...

AGAIN ...

BMW driver gunning it into the roundabout .. ugh .. you get home a split second faster .. but lose a few more hairs off your head when you realise it was a bad call to rush into the roundie ..

know what i cant stand?

friggen... when there are 2 lanes at a traffic light, and the left lane is a "turn left or go straight" lane, and the straight ahead light is red, but the turn left is green... and you're coming up to the clear lane about to turn left, and some loser sees that if he pulls out into the left hand lane, he can be at the front of the lights... so im sitting there waiting with a green arrow but i cant go...

WEIGHTS AND DRIVING HAHAHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA !!!!!!!!!

Vain ***** .. that's good..

I actually don't mind people cutting / weaving in and out of traffic so long as it is done smoothly without any cars TOO nearby, I am satisfied with that action - PASS

No indicating to lane change - again with no cars nearby - PASS

Not indicating at roundabouts - I WILL CHASE AND HUNT YOU DOWN AND KILL U MUTHRFKR ..

With ending lanes, I like it when EVERYONE uses the left lane right to the end in peak hour - that is what it is there for, so use it. Otherwise, it causes more congestion. What I do not like is people who do not let you in when obviously, you are not going anywhere anyway !! PASS

know what i cant stand?

friggen... when there are 2 lanes at a traffic light, and the left lane is a "turn left or go straight" lane, and the straight ahead light is red, but the turn left is green... and you're coming up to the clear lane about to turn left, and some loser sees that if he pulls out into the left hand lane, he can be at the front of the lights... so im sitting there waiting with a green arrow but i cant go...

hehehe

I will actually go out of my way NOT to block people, well at the lights that I know of that are straight and left anyway. ESPECIALLY DURING PEAK HOUR. Nothing worse than people steaming up behind you because you are hogging (not technically) their lane.

i've actually felt so bad sitting in one of those lanes that i've turned left and then chucked a quick u-turn a bit down the street and come back up to turn left (which luckily went grean just as i got there)

yes, im a pansy.

i've actually felt so bad sitting in one of those lanes that i've turned left and then chucked a quick u-turn a bit down the street and come back up to turn left (which luckily went grean just as i got there)

yes, im a pansy.

Tom u ol softy!!!

I hate it when you are in the right hand land wanting to go straight ahead and ONCE THE LIGHT GOES GREEN the dumb**** in front decides to indicate... rather then the 2 minutes that you have been sitting behind them!!!

An old dude in a forester tried to drag me today because he saw that I was trying to get into his lane to turn left up ahead. WHAT THE FARK!? No offence, but what a silly old fart. They still need all their licenses cut up. Oh and for the record I cracked the poops bad and whacked it down to 2nd and lifted his a55 to hell. I turned left. Stupid old friggin...GRRRR!!

• 2 weeks later...

stupid drivers!

know what i cant stand (its probably been said), but when there is a big line of traffic at some lights, which dont last long, and one loser just doesnt react to the lights changing somewhere along the line, so you lose 3 or 4 seconds at the lights, meaning i dont get through :angry:

the second thing i cant stand is when im in a rush to get somewhere cos im late (like to work or uni)... the person in front of my ALWAYS goes like 10km/h below the speed limit... why do i get the bad luck?

I HATE:

1. Slow Drivers (way under speed limit)

2. Drivers who go under the limit and hog the RIGHT lane on the freeway

3. People who don't indicate to change lanes (even if there are no cars around)

4. People who indicate to turn right at the last minute at traffic lights

5. P Platers who drive like idiots and give other P platers bad reputations

6. People who don't let you through when you're merging lanes

7. People who don't realise they have high beams on

8. People who beep the sh*t out of you when you have no where to go

9. People who don't keep clear of 'KEEP CLEAR' zones

10. Drivers who take off like 5 seconds after the green has gone

11. Cyclists on the road ALTOGETHER (unless in cycling lane)

12. Drivers who tailgate you for no good reason

13. Drivers who speed and weave through traffic to find themselves next to you at the next set of lights (actually, I love that, not hate it)

14. Taxi DRIVERS!

15. Cars that go under 100km/h on the freeway

16. People who take their time at the petrol station when they know theres like 3 cars waiting for them!

17. Cars that steal your parking spot at shopping centres (especially on boxing days)

18. Cars that indicate as soon as they turn

19. People who don't give way

20. People who cut in front of you to steal front position at traffic lights and then take off like snails

21. People who make you reverse so they can get through

22. Cars that can't park straight at shopping centres

23. People who brake at the last second all the time

24. Cars that don't indicate when going around the round-a-bout

25. People who don't concentrate on the road by doing stupid non-driving things

That's pretty much all for now :D

ond thing i cant stand is when im in a rush to get somewhere cos im late (like to work or uni)... the person in front of my ALWAYS goes like 10km/h below the speed limit... why do i get the bad luck?

Leave 5 minutes earlier and your problems are solved !! :blink: