2019 RAV4 oil filter wrench

Hi everyone,

I am going to get started servicing my RAV4 (MXAA52R). I have been searching online (amazon, ebay, ryco etc.) to find the right size of oil filter wrench cup but with no luck.

Appreciated if someone could advise where to get one.

Edited by yeunghong

What Ashley said. Typically on smaller engines with the usual spin on cartridge filters. a universal filter removal tool will be fine. It will have plenty of adjustment to accommodate even the smallest filter. I purchased one of those way back when I owned a 95 model RAV. I still have it somewhere. Think I got it from Repco way back and it's still in top shape as I last recall. Very high quality item before the proliferation of the cheap china made stuff we never see the end of today.

Just a thought...is your car still under warranty because doing anything yourself could void that warranty...is it worth it ?  :sad:

Edited by bob007

Thanks @campbeam and @Tony Prodigy for the info.

@bob007 As per T&C from TOYOTA, my car is still with warranty as long as it's serviced properly.  
https://www.toyota.com.au/-/media/toyota/main-site/page-data/warranty/files/toyota-warranty-advantage-terms-conditions.pdf

In order to keep my warranty, I probably will have to keep all my receipts for parts and oils.

The reason why I want to service my RAV4 - I know the dealership use VPS 10W-30 for oil change. Nothing wrong about the oil but I want to use better names, due to 12 months service interval of the latest models. I am looking to switch to  0W-16 or 20 from Penrite or Mobile1. 

I have been servicing my 2012 COROLLA for over 4 years and have no issue performing most of the work as per log book.

Edited by yeunghong

10 hours ago, yeunghong said:

I am looking to switch to  0W-16 or 20 from Penrite or Mobile1. 

You can add Nulon to that list too. They make excellent products.

Support local industry. Penrite and Nulon.

• Like 1

19 hours ago, yeunghong said:

Thanks @campbeam and @Tony Prodigy for the info.

@bob007 As per T&C from TOYOTA, my car is still with warranty as long as it's serviced properly.  
https://www.toyota.com.au/-/media/toyota/main-site/page-data/warranty/files/toyota-warranty-advantage-terms-conditions.pdf

In order to keep my warranty, I probably will have to keep all my receipts for parts and oils.

The reason why I want to service my RAV4 - I know the dealership use VPS 10W-30 for oil change. Nothing wrong about the oil but I want to use better names, due to 12 months service interval of the latest models. I am looking to switch to  0W-16 or 20 from Penrite or Mobile1. 

I have been servicing my 2012 COROLLA for over 4 years and have no issue performing most of the work as per log book.

Are you an authorised repairer...if not then do so at your own risk.  :sad: