A miracle??

hey all, my car had its 30k service today and they assessed my gear cable rattle and put in the report and the order for my "modified" selector cable, they reckon it is a problem as the cables pass through the fire wall any how 5-7 day wait until my cable comes in and gets installed. I think they temp fixed it because it is definitley making less noise. Also had the fuel inj de carbed.....the response is now back to the way it was when i drove out of the show room.

Cheers.

influx is that the final official fix?

because when i went in (3 weeks ago) they did a 'cable modifcation' but said the solution was still on the drawing tables, and when a solution was finalised, it would be a 'fix on demand' basis.

i am not sure sorry. seems it might be the intermediate fix, but an order had to go to toyota aus, with a report to justify it. I said to the woman there that it was the problem all sportivos were having, shes like there has only been one i know of. i turned around and said i am friends with close to 30 sportivo owners, and they all have it, which brings me to my next question why don't the celica and the MR2/s have the problem they both have the same gear box/engine???i didn't ask this question but i really want to,

gentlemen of the jury,,

the great working team from southside toyota placed new modified cables in my car at the 5000km service, did it fix the problem NO... they then proceeded to put new cable in at the 10,000km service,, and yet again didn't fix the problem wow these guys are working so hard to fix the problem.. <_<

but what i have heard is that toyota in South Africa are finally getting around to a final fix and resoloution for this problem,, when it will be finalised i don't know but within this year is what i have been told...

i used to live in Africa believe it or not...

Turn the music up and try to ignore the noises for now..

cheers

greg :blink:

I got the fix for it from Southside Toyota...cable tie!!! Worked a treat!!!

I have cable ties on mine as well from day 1 and had no significant rattles UNTIL recently!! I have 5500kms and i can hear slight rattles from the gearbox when i am at high revs. I don't think the cable ties will last :(

I got the fix for it from Southside Toyota...cable tie!!! Worked a treat!!!

I have cable ties on mine as well from day 1 and had no significant rattles UNTIL recently!! I have 5500kms and i can hear slight rattles from the gearbox when i am at high revs. I don't think the cable ties will last :(

Damn it!!! Car just hit 5500kms...will wait and see!

I hope they fix the rattles soon.

When I update my vehicle next year, it may not be a Sportivo. Are you listening Toyota?

So far this year my friends have bought (this year only): -

Me - Sportivo 2004

Club members that I have met (4 x Stivo's, 1 x Conquest)

Friend One - Honda Civic GLi 2004

Friend Two - Honda Civic GLi 2004

Friend Three - Holden Commodore SS Ute with CSV Kit 2004

Friend Four - Holden Monaro with CSV kit 2004

Friend Five - Ford Falcon XR6 2004

Next possible car if Sportivo issues not fixed, Honda Civic Hybrid.