voltage stabiliser kits

interesting i was originally going to get the HKS universal kit but its overpriced if you ask me but thanks for the info, anyone else have this kit? The main reason i want it is to smooth out the engine a little at idle.

I've got one of the kits you are talking about (there was a sale on them for $50 about 6 months ago and a fair few of us grabbed one) they aren't bad for the price you pay...

Are there any diagrams of how to setup a grounding kit? ...and are there really any noticeable differences? performance wise/economy wise? *_* so many conflicting comments - or is it just rice? **will this help with my car, cause when i lower the windows with my driving lights on - they DIM!!! :angry:

i've got a set of the Pivot Volt Stabiliser as well as grounding cables..personally feel that the v.s helps a little..very insignificant..but grounding the car improves alot more.. :)

:) hey, u reckon the dude will give discounts for group buys? I'm in! - Hrmmz...i wonder if Mario has a Voltage Stabilliser!! :D

They deffinately worked in terms of stabalising :D by which I mean my lights have reduced flicking to the beat of my bass from the subs quite considerably.

reduced but not ELMIINATED? :blink: ...does it STILL flicker/dim? ...my sound system is pretty much stock and sometimes it crackles at the whine of Mariah Carey (don't ask) :lol: <_< maybe i got a frikkin' lemon :( ...*sighz*

RICE FACTOR,,, I've got one in the car at the moment with full audio setup.. if its your audio thats causing the flickering of the lights.. get a cap will sort that out.. plus a nice odyessey battery will also help.. earthing wires are already in the car.. the raizin in my mind now has minimal to no effect on the car...

it might be a placebo effect from they way things sound i have seen on the raizen on a few vic stivos but there idle and lights etc. seem to run the same as mine when i think about it, so might be a waste of my hard earned $70.

They deffinately worked in terms of stabalising :D by which I mean my lights have reduced flicking to the beat of my bass from the subs quite considerably.

reduced but not ELMIINATED? :blink:

Of course not. What do you think? Stabalising is going to solve all your problems? Think again.

it works

audio system is abit clearer

fuel eff. did, b4 i put in the cai :rolleyes:

lights brighter? .. dont know

extra look to the engine .. yes

grab it if its $70 .. still a good buy :)

am i right in thinking i could just buy some thick ***** power cable (2 or 4ga) from jaycar and some of those thingos with the rings (i cant think of what theyre called now) and just make your own cables? that might be alot cheaper than a full kit... all your doing is placing some fat wire in the same line as the stock ground wire yes?

When I got my runX(same-ish as Stivo), it had one but it wasn't connected, I attached it to the battery, and then something behind the dash whistled, I disconnected it, and the whistle went away...

it's still in there, but only because my lazy a55 can't be bothered undoing a few bolts.

and yes, a few hunks of larger gauge wire would do the same... 4ga would be huge.

Edited by barryogen

but this is not wat the topic is about right ? grounding system?

i wouldnt mind buying it for 11 bucks with that TRD emblem lol....

but the price of delivery is $$$$$$$$ something like 44 us dollars... but i guess if anyone else is interested we can do a ........ ...... yes dats right !!! :D :P

wats the go??!

Hmm. I have a 600RMS @ 4ohm amp running my sub and a 40RMS x 4 @ 4ohm amp sunning my speakers, and I'm running stock battery with stock ground wires and I dont get any light flicker, even when the stereo is fully cranked. I had the same setup in my old car and i had a lot of light flicker. Maybe you guys should re-think the position of your ground wires for your amps if your getting flicker.