Installing - black tail lights - help needed plz :)

Hiya all, just wanted to know 1st of all how to remove the original tail lights off my rolla and if there is a DIY write up on it - i tried search but no luck.... surely it can't be that hard? :(

and then i wanted to replace it with these

http://cgi.ebay.com.au/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi...mMakeTrack=true

let me know ur thoughts..

be kind i'm new :rolleyes:

cheers

The panels at the rear of the taillights should pop out (in the boot). May need to pop out the entire panel tho. You can use your hands, just be careful as they're most likely held on with clips. A phillips head screwdriver should get the current tails out and the bulb units should be able to come out of you turn them anti-clockwise I think? Those black tails are nice. You'll need an orange light tho for the indictator as that portion of the light is clear. You can grab LED kits for these lights as well. Do LED's come with this one? If so you're set. I haven't done this myself yet but I worked as a panel beater for a while and no car is really that different. Thought I'd reply to seeing as if no-one has yet lol. See how you go man.

i've been thinking of getting a set of them myself - if you get them let me know how it goes..

are there any cascade blue corollas with the black taillights out there? i'd like to see how they look...

hey dave,

how r ya?!

have u bought them yet?

let me know ....i can give u hand if u want.... come down my place and we can install em....

cheers

mario

Just be careful with these mate.

I got a set from Cabramatta and the plugs were not compatible to my 2005 Corolla.

It was a after market made in taiwan set for RUNX.

I had to rewire the dam thing.

But for alot of guys it was simply plug and play.

Cheers,

GAZOOM

hey dave,

how r ya?!

have u bought them yet?

let me know ....i can give u hand if u want.... come down my place and we can install em....

cheers

mario

GET MARIO TO DO IT! lol

And make sure they have the right lugs. Screw rewiring it lol.

The tail light plug changes pre to facelift models. they aren't a plug and play type arrangement. the wiring can be changed by swapping the plugs but it is a little time consuming. northy and I did it on his car.

yea i bought the silver tail lights and while i was in the process of installing it DIY, i realised the plugs were different and the aftermarket tail lights used cheap ***** bulbs compared to the stock tail lights.

not happy jan...

but my local auto electrician modified the cables so now theres both types of plugs on the end... so i could still connect the stock lightz if i needed to. $30 tops... plus i had to buy the bulbs which turned out to be like a buck each.

i have a conquest, so i couldnt connect the foglights if i wanted to without buying the kit for it first.

Heya all - thanks for all the replys...G there are alot of different views to consider.. :unsure:

I have the option of buying them off ebay and giving it a go with my dad (a sparky) and seeing how that will go, or i have got a cleint that works at toyota and he said he would get his crew to do it in less then 1/2 hr..but he will still charge some $$. can't be that much?

btw- has ne1 on here got the black tails? i've only seen the clear ones on here? lol are they legal?

cheers again :P

p.s Hey mario - i may still take u up on that offer lol

i got the black ones.... umm yeah think all of them are illegal unless u can get a certificate saying they meet aust. standards ect..

i got them from melb. ebay

hey guyz, just wonderin where you can get these lights from. i have a mate who wants a black set. and i couldn't find any down here in tassie. could you give me a approx price and a name and contact of a place where i can get them from.

Heya all - thanks for all the replys...G there are alot of different views to consider.. :unsure:

I have the option of buying them off ebay and giving it a go with my dad (a sparky) and seeing how that will go, or i have got a cleint that works at toyota and he said he would get his crew to do it in less then 1/2 hr..but he will still charge some $$. can't be that much?

btw- has ne1 on here got the black tails? i've only seen the clear ones on here? lol are they legal?

cheers again :P

p.s Hey mario - i may still take u up on that offer lol

Toyota labour charges upward of $90 an hour.....If your Dad's a sparky then he'll be able to do it easy. ;)

yer thats the same as my black altezzas in my facelift stivo i went to do a DIY and took the lights out then BAM! it was the different cables >.< so i went a my local electrictian and $20 later it was done ^^ looks good on my black car ^^b good luck with it

Steve,

have you found out if they will fit ok?

still havn't got a reply yet - all they said b4 was that it will fit any model between 2001-2005 ..so yeh ?

i'm still deciding whats the best option.. the only bit i'm not sure about is replacing the globes in the with LED's .. hey mario i'll shout u a set of

LEDs if u help install ?

lol

cheers, let u know how it all goes soon

Edited by dev o1s

sounds like a offer i can not refuse !!

but only if they are straight plug and play, cause i dont know how to rewire.... come over whenever ur ready. if u want a hand buddy :D

sounds like a offer i can not refuse !!

but only if they are straight plug and play, cause i dont know how to rewire.... come over whenever ur ready. if u want a hand buddy :D

u like your offers dont you!

toyota dealerships now only supply pre facelift tail-lights

The shape and size is still the same, however the wiring changed

So they are straight plug and play for 02-04(Pre-Facelift)

not plug and play for 04-06 (Facelift)

Sorry if someone already said this

toyota dealerships now only supply pre facelift tail-lights

The shape and size is still the same, however the wiring changed

So they are straight plug and play for 02-04(Pre-Facelift)

not plug and play for 04-06 (Facelift)

Sorry if someone already said this

mines an 05 and it was plug and play! lights came with the harness which im sure they all do