Faye Got That Glow Again

KAA

Hi All, Well after months of rain freezing cold and plain laziness on my part, I finally got around to giving our "Faye" the TLC she had been missing, a excellent wash dry wheel clean and ended with a nice coating of Turtle Wax Graphene Flex Wax. She has her lovely glow back and I was very surprised when washing her just how much slickness there still was from a pervious detail with the Flex Wax. We had to go out so took some pic's to show how she came up and also some interior shots as well. For a lady now 13 years old our Presara "Faye" is still PERFECT in every way.

Enjoy

KAA

Exterior 1.jpg

Exterior 2.jpg

Exterior 3.jpg

Exterior 4.jpg

Exterior 5.jpg

Interior 1.jpg

Interior 2.jpg

Interior 3.jpg

Interior 4.jpg

Interior 5.jpg

Interior 6.jpg

• Thanks 1

She certainly looks sharp my friend. It still looks like new !
Love that slick feeling of clean paint, especially when it's freshly done.

Magnificent car Robert.

Being driven sparingly certainly does help, wish I could say the same for mine. Unfortunately for us, our car get used a lot more than I like but it is what it is, a daily driver after all. Gets our boy to school and wifey to work and everything in between.

It's approaching 150K and I still need to pull my finger out and get the damn coolant service out of the way. Just had too much going on in my personal life to give it the attention it needs. It's way overdue for a detail and I'm hoping to get it over to my mates house so we can both tackle the single stage polish and finally get to apply a dedicated ceramic coating. Gave it a way overdue wash a couple of weeks ago and boy was it bad !!.
Never got to do the interior, but hopefully this weekend should have it back on track. Then comes some maintenance items, including one of the idler pulleys, which is starting to squeak on cold start. 
Front rotors have some wobble in them too now. Not happy Jan !! I thought DBA rotors were supposed to be good. Turns out I was wrong. I might put the originals back on seeing there was nothing really wrong with them to begin with. I just wanted that fresh look I guess...

No good deed goes unpunished as they say 😜 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

TY Tony, Yes she still looks like it rolled out of Toyota all those years ago and now again glows. I was very surprised that after so long of no wash and windy cold days there was very little dirt on her except very low on the rockers and inner guards as the previous coating of Flex wax did its job and she washed very easy. Well considering yours is a daily driver mate she still looks wonderful so pat on the back too you Tony.

Ours is not out every day but my beloved and I do try to have a date day out once a week if possible so a short trip to a outdoor restaurant or coffee shop. Hope you manage to get the polish and coating done, always helps to have another pair of hands to speed up the process as it took me 2 days to give Faye a nice polish but that included sit down times for a coffee and looking at her start to glow again. The Flex Wax coating only took me about 2 hours in total slowly applying and buffing off.

The inside was easy as my wonderful lady cleaned the back seat area while I did the front, then I did all the leather and plastics cleaning as I love that part sitting and slowly detailing.

Huggggs Mate Stay Safe

• Thanks 1

TY mate, yes she is still mint and I love keeping her that way. The head unit was pretty much my only alteration as the standard unit though good just didn't cut it map updates so expensive and I am a true lover of good sound quality as I cruise with my beloved. I still have the original unit and map DVD don't know why as I have no intention of selling Faye.

Thanks for the ego boost mate 😄😄

I do love to spend the time and OCD side of myself keeping Faye beautiful and in return she behaves herself each and every trip.

Keep Safe and Strong 

KAA