my grille....wtf??!?!

ive just got my grille painted and all..

its f**KING ****!!!

the colour doesnt look .. well... colour might be.. close.. id say.. like 80-90% identical

but the shining and reflection and all.. its damn different.... the guy said.. its plastic and aftermarket.. u cant expect much....

n the worst of all.. it doesnt fit perfectly!!!! the right side is like... 1 cm popping out...

ok... guys... is this normal?????????

and plz dont tell me that i should buy the toyota one... i regret now...

i need to make sure whether this is the painters problem... or its the problem with my grille at 1st

need to know asap... im gonna bring my car to this guy again tomorrow morning.. he said after the apint is dry and after wax.. it should look at lot better........ TRUE???? or just some covering up business??

no it should fit...

i have a genuine one, and i found it didnt sit in properly at first, and with a bit of pushing and shoving and breaking clips, it fitted perfectly...

so maybe give it a bit of a push and pull, but be careful not to snap too much...

paint is always an issue... it often doesnt match up 100%, but yeah maybe after a good polish it might cut it down to be similar to your car paint... give it a shot i reckon... if its still ****, take it back to your painter... part of his job is to make it match, or else whats the point?

ours is slightly different when ur up real close but from far away u cant tell the colour is that different..........we bought those coloursed waxes and buffed it up.......try that

maybe use some sort of cutting agent too... maybe that will help...

does it look like the car is wearing lipstick? thats what mark was saying when he first turned up and someone pointed out the colour difference... its kinda funny...

no it should fit...

i have a genuine one, and i found it didnt sit in properly at first, and with a bit of pushing and shoving and breaking clips, it fitted perfectly...

so maybe give it a bit of a push and pull, but be careful not to snap too much...

paint is always an issue... it often doesnt match up 100%, but yeah maybe after a good polish it might cut it down to be similar to your car paint... give it a shot i reckon... if its still ****, take it back to your painter... part of his job is to make it match, or else whats the point?

yep.. i tried to push it in... but the guy told me not to do it yet.. coz the paint is not fully dried... so i will try tomorrow.... for the paint.. i just dont know... :angry:

ours is slightly different when ur up real close but from far away u cant tell the colour is that different..........we bought those coloursed waxes and buffed it up.......try that

the guy said hes gonna wax it up and all... so.. i'll see tomorrow... if its still bad.... ITS WAR!!! MF!!!!!!!!!! :angry::angry:

i paid him to buff up my whole car.. so.. i hope it will make a difference...

btw.. theres a obvious mark on it... he said.. he had to... flip it.. thats y theres a mark.. and all... sigh

Edited by XploShun

Got my grille from toyota and painted by them a few months after buying the car. Fits perfectly.

one of my freinds bought an aftermarket one and that fitted perfectly too.

As for the paint, it's probly they way they mixed them. Doesn't matter if it's plastic or metal, it's the undercoat that counts, and the paint mixsure.

Similar to my diy eyelids. They seem darder than the rest of the car colour.

Bring it back and have your car there to show how different it looks. May have to leave your car there so they can match the colour properly.

Hope you get it sorted. :)

What colour is your car?

when i got my grille is was a perfect colour match.. Cascade Blue..

they are very tricky to get in right... but you do need to apply a fair amount of pressure to get them to clip in..

Freshly painted parts should not be waxed/buffed for a few weeks at least

Got my grille from toyota and painted by them a few months after buying the car. Fits perfectly.

As for the paint, it's probly they way they mixed them. Doesn't matter if it's plastic or metal, it's the undercoat that counts, and the paint mixsure.

Bring it back and have your car there to show how different it looks. May have to leave your car there so they can match the colour properly.

mines cascade blue too..

i know that.. thats y i left my car for there from thursday morning till now.... sigh.. n its still different

What colour is your car?

they are very tricky to get in right... but you do need to apply a fair amount of pressure to get them to clip in..

wt? few weeks?? they're gonna wax it tomorrow...

i put too much pressure just then.. its got my finger print on it now... :blink:

Edited by XploShun

Out of curiosity did you see if the grille fitted before you had it painted?

The reason why I ask is that because its plastic it can warp in the baking process as what happened to my eyelids.

When I first got my eyelids the painter forgot to put any metallic flake through the paint so they had to be re-painted & as a result they had to be baked twice which caused one of them to warp.

Unforunately this does not help your problem but the lesson is, for me anyway to show the painter the fit of the product before they paint it so if any warping does occur I can blame them.

Also as far as colour matching goes, unless you car is faded by the sun then the colour match should be almost spot on. If it isn't it is because the painter didn't mix the paint correctly.

Spray painting is an art, some people are very good at it some people aren't.

mines cascade blue too..

i know that.. thats y i left my car for there from thursday morning till now.... sigh.. n its still different

What colour is your car?

i put too much pressure just then.. its got my finger print on it now... :blink:

he is right, rule of thumb is never polish or wash until a week later, do not attempt to push it cos most like it will crack and peel. factory paint are a lot different from ours ... it's K1 and K2

Hey, WTF I got the same problem wit it sticking out on the right hand side!!! Just got mine painted and put it on yesterday.

dude!! where did u get this grille?? from IX??

mines cascade blue too..

What colour is your car?

he is right, rule of thumb is never polish or wash until a week later, do not attempt to push it cos most like it will crack and peel. factory paint are a lot different from ours ... it's K1 and K2

o ***... i paid them to buff my whole car... so he washed it too.......... its either u doesnt know (coz hes ****) or hes jus doing a dodgy job...

:angry::angry:

Out of curiosity did you see if the grille fitted before you had it painted?

The reason why I ask is that because its plastic it can warp in the baking process as what happened to my eyelids.

When I first got my eyelids the painter forgot to put any metallic flake through the paint so they had to be re-painted & as a result they had to be baked twice which caused one of them to warp.

Unforunately this does not help your problem but the lesson is, for me anyway to show the painter the fit of the product before they paint it so if any warping does occur I can blame them.

Also as far as colour matching goes, unless you car is faded by the sun then the colour match should be almost spot on. If it isn't it is because the painter didn't mix the paint correctly.

Spray painting is an art, some people are very good at it some people aren't.

well.. wt happened then?? did u have to buy another one?? i had mine from toyota... so.. its all good..

its just this aftermarket...

i didnt try to install it.. coz i didnt wanna f**k it up.. so.. ya...

now... im just waiting it to dry up... then im gonna push that MF thing in.....

unless.. LIMZ rolla got his grille from IX.. then im sure.. its their problem...

You should have contacted me and i would have refferd you to the chaps that did my painting!

Im sorry you having problems! :(

who did it for you?

Where in sydney are you?

Well mate number 1) Anyone trying to tell you its plastic and it will never be shiney is an absolute w@Nk3R!!! What the F()cK are cars made out of these days !!!! Everything is plastic on them!! :lol: WTF if they are pannel beaters/Spray-painters they obviously hav'nt heard of "PRIMER" hahahahahahaha.....But to be honest i have came across afew grills that dun always fit up properly and they are the ones from"CARMATE" (That they make) cos they couldnt make a kit that fits if it crawled off a car and landed itself in a fibre-glass mould those Fu K$ would still figure out a way of stuffing it up!! If u did get the ABS plastic ones from IG-X they are the ones from HK and can be very tempremental at times some are from a good batch othrs can sometimes not fit up properly but hey it AFTER-MARKET.....You are never garenteed a PERFECT FIT!!!! Unfortunate as it is, take the HOnda after-market parts for example E.G. Civic Angel-eyes head lights; man to get those to fit properly you have to modify the front bar, head-light supports and you are still left with a gap big enough to fit your thumb in but thats what you get for buying After-market.....IT'S JUST ONE BIG GAMBLE!!! SAD BUT TRUE!! <_< <_<

The aftermarket grills that some of us have/had just don't fit 'flush', unlike the TRD grills - i know cause i used to have an aftermarket one. The right side would jut out the slightest touch - and yes some of the clips i snapped off in frustration - i also had some trouble screwing it in, it required to be 'presuaded' home. But at the end of the day, you just deal with it - afterall it's AFTERMARKET :rolleyes: - TRD ones fit flush B)

ive just got my grille painted and all..

its f**KING ****!!!

the colour doesnt look .. well... colour might be.. close.. id say.. like 80-90% identical

but the shining and reflection and all.. its damn different.... the guy said.. its plastic and aftermarket.. u cant expect much....

n the worst of all.. it doesnt fit perfectly!!!! the right side is like... 1 cm popping out...

ok... guys... is this normal?????????

and plz dont tell me that i should buy the toyota one... i regret now...

i need to make sure whether this is the painters problem... or its the problem with my grille at 1st

need to know asap... im gonna bring my car to this guy again tomorrow morning.. he said after the apint is dry and after wax.. it should look at lot better........ TRUE???? or just some covering up business??

I bought mine off Toyota, initially when it was painted the colour didnt match up 100%, it was slightly off.

I never bothered to get it repainted (seeing that i only paid $20 to get it done), however when i had to touch up the bumper i got the guy to redo it (the same guy who did it first time - he did it for free).

Now it matches perfectly, no amount of waxing is going to fix the colour up, your painter needs to get his paint mixing correct, just make the guy repaint it again until you are satisfied. That excuse about plastic and being aftermarket is a load of crap because he doesnt wanna repaint it. Maybe if he did it right the first time he wouldnt have to repaint it :P

Otherwise you can take it to the DSports place i suggested a while back, ever since he redid my grill its been a perfect match :D

Where did you get it done btw?

Edited by neK

for grille, don't settle for less than genuine toyota grill, they are the same as TRD. TRD do however have CF version. Eyelids, u can settle with aftermarkets.

i was goin to buy the trd grille... with CF... but id thought it would look weird on a blue car... now think back.. its shud be ok... with some black rims... and all... :huh:

when i was in hk.. the TRD cost less than the toyota... so i thought of it b4...

but its just too big.... too much fuss to bring it back in aus!!!

n its just the genuine stuff in aus.. r tooo expensive...

arrrgh!! i shouldve bought it there.... no painting... cheap... gd looking and TIME SAVING!!!!

Well mate number 1) Anyone trying to tell you its plastic and it will never be shiney is an absolute w@Nk3R!!! What the F()cK are cars made out of these days !!!! Everything is plastic on them!! :lol: WTF if they are pannel beaters/Spray-painters they obviously hav'nt heard of "PRIMER" hahahahahahaha.....But to be honest i have came across afew grills that dun always fit up properly and they are the ones from"CARMATE" (That they make) cos they couldnt make a kit that fits if it crawled off a car and landed itself in a fibre-glass mould those Fu K$ would still figure out a way of stuffing it up!! If u did get the ABS plastic ones from IG-X they are the ones from HK and can be very tempremental at times some are from a good batch othrs can sometimes not fit up properly but hey it AFTER-MARKET.....You are never garenteed a PERFECT FIT!!!! Unfortunate as it is, take the HOnda after-market parts for example E.G. Civic Angel-eyes head lights; man to get those to fit properly you have to modify the front bar, head-light supports and you are still left with a gap big enough to fit your thumb in but thats what you get for buying After-market.....IT'S JUST ONE BIG GAMBLE!!! SAD BUT TRUE!! <_< <_<

hi man!!! i know.. my bros front part is plastic.. on his accord euro.. n its idenitcal...

yep im in sydney... i did it in my local smash repairs

well... he took it back n repaint it... gonna take my car on monday and put it back on.. and get the things fixed...

its like the 3rd day... he promised me to get it all done in 1 day!!!!

o well... i dunno... he showed me the paint he had... it does look the same.. but maybe after its on the plastic.. it look different... hell i dont know.. my gf reckons the grille... gots some purple and pinkish colour... man!! how fukED is that!?! GAAAAAAYYYYYYY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! blue + purple + pink...

about the price ay... i remember i asked IX about the toyota one.. its around $3xx and TRD cost more he said..

my aftermarket.. 120.. and yes... ITS not the cheapest u can get..

TRD in hk.. it was like.. 1050 HKD... ==> around 180AUD.... U SEE!!!! thats y i didnt fricken buy the genuine in aus!!!!

at 1st i didnt like the CF look.. thats y... i went for the AFTERMARKET... but the colour matching is soooooo much trouble.....

and sunny... i did get my from IX..... 6 weeks... ahhahahahahahha.. the grille mustve travelled around the world a few times....

anyway i realised that the MESH... they didnt cut out properly... so.. some was still there, just folded.... does this affect the fitting???? i didnt get time to actually fit it and all...... im gonna do it myself this monday!! and man.. they left out around a cm gap... with no mesh... man.. they cant measure for ****.....

i remember cascade blue no purple but it does have flecks of yellow in it. if colours different then primer and and mixing issue. sounds like they did not bake your grill if they said not to push it because it has not dried fully yet.