SYDNEY DRAG NIGHT : WSID 14th June Wicked Wednesday

• Replies 190
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm getting there between 5-5:30 and meeting Bill (xoom) on the side of the entry road outside the gate.

If you can't get there that early, it's easy to find people inside :)

i should be there just after 5:30 ...

I will call you guys when im close to see where yous are

Hey Guys ill be there around 5ish.

When you dive in, go to the parkign lot and park at the back somewhere so we can claim a line of spots.

Fill out your forms in your car then walk to the shed towards the track. They will give youy another form and a number. Then drive down the side lanes and pull over near the event stager you will take ur papper and draw a big white number on your car window and tells you which lane to go in. . Once into the lane and in line, do not leave your car as the lanes will flow quickly.

Last time i went you didnt need your rego pappers you just signed an agreement of some sort.

Wear logn pants and long sleeve shirt. Make sure ur helmet has a ceritfication sticker on the back.

Any more questions let me know.

haha...

well the hour draws nearer... wonder who'll ill be up against... anyone fancy racing me if we get a choice? ill be crap at least for my first few runs. i've never been to the drags before and i've never practised launches...

hopefully by the end i'll have sorted myself out and maybe i can pull a good time ;)

Youll find that your first few runs are actually your best.

As th enight goes on you try to get too much and end up hitting redline or beating the syncros or lauching too hard.

Ill go with u Tom. But my only mod is the stivo exhaust still. But im pretty sure i can beat my last time of 16.45

-Bill

Just got an email from WSID about the rego papers

-------------------------------------------------------------

Hi William,

That rule has actually changed, you no longer need to bring along your rego papers; all you have to do now is just sign form saying that you are the owner of the vehicle or you have permission off the owner to drive the vehicle.

Sharnie Kendall

Western Sydney International Dragway

-----Original Message-----

Sent: Wednesday, 14 June 2006 10:48 AM

To: info@wsid.com.au

Subject: WSID Rule

Hey Guys,

I had a quick question about the Wicked Wednesday rules on the website.

A few weeks back when I came down I didn’t need the rego papers after all. I was wondering if this was the case as I want to come down tonight instead of driving back to Penrith to pickup the papers.

Thanks

excellent news! :D saves me having to find them...

now... to find a helmet...

my car soooo isnt ready for this though! ive been running crap fuel! and im empty... is it worth putting 1/4 tank of premium in and hoping thats enough to give me a bit of extra engine happiness? how bout an ECU reset? is it too late for that?

i gotta clean out my car... i can probably lose about 20 kilos of rubbish in my car! weight reduction ;)

... ergh... helmet, anyone?

ok that was a mad night...

i loved every second... next time, if you're THINKING about coming... then come along... its nerve racking when you line up, but once you're out there, the adreniline takes over... and oh man... it was awesome...

begun with a run each from me and dylan... i cracked 16.040, which i was stoked about... then we had a second run and i got my 15.895, which i was also stoked about...

then i gave bill his helmet back and he had some runs... jase and his mate turned up and had a couple of runs... then i got 2 more in at the end with bill, with dylan's helmet...

in the last minutes of the night, bill and i had our last run... i lost traction and had a crap run... bill (and im talking about syxxpac bill, not xoom bill), had what was pretty much the perfect run... an awesome 60 foot time, followed by a beautiful 1/4 mile time... (check the new 1zz record thread, when he posts up his slip)...

thanks to those who let me borrow their helmets and store things in their vehicles... i had an awesome night... lets do it again soon! :D :D :D

Heya peoples was a great night but my camera fricken died! :angry:

Thanks bec for the company haha soooo cold!!!

Saw some good Drags :D haha and the burnouts :lol:

here are some videos i took with my phone

One of toms runs

One of jasons runs

One of bills runs

One Crazy mazda

You will need real player or quicktime or some other 3gp player ... i converted these to avi & mpeg so you could simply use windows media player but the files grew over 10 times the current size so ive kept them as is.

cheers

Bill