What tyres are worth buying?

ghost

It's just one of those things that you can't ignore. As you take notice of how many km's you've clocked up, you realise that a new set of tyres might be needed.

My question is: what is a good tyre at good price that will last around 40,000km?

I want to spend around $200 a tyre.

ideas?

Try Nexen n3000 for around $130 - $160 a tyres. Best budget performace tyre money can buy.

THe guys at Top Ten Tyres rave about the perforance and wearability.

those nexen tyres look great, thanks.

Do you know where i can buy them?

Edited by ghost

I'm agreeing with marcus

iv personally experienced with

kuhmo

bridgestone

falken

and of the three i recommend bridgestones as it works in wet and dry.

the g3 series is good approx 140-165 each

as for kuhmo's they are great but dont last long

falkens... they are good ..... only in the dry...

:lol:

It's just one of those things that you can't ignore. As you take notice of how many km's you've clocked up, you realise that a new set of tyres might be needed.

My question is: what is a good tyre at good price that will last around 40,000km?

I want to spend around $200 a tyre.

ideas?

hey,if you are using stock rims ( 16in),i highly recommand the federal super steel 595 on 205/50/16 87W

i just have them on 2 weeks ago,have done about 500kms,it cost me $ 130ea,i had toyo T1R which cost me

$218ea,the federal is as good as the toyo in the dry,have a stiffer tyre wall than the toyo, i first though

federal is taiwan brand is a bit weird but they are much better than i though.i have no idea about its tyre

wear,but if you want something that last 40000kms , you cant get grippy tyres

hey,if you are using stock rims ( 16in),i highly recommand the federal super steel 595 on 205/50/16 87W

i just have them on 2 weeks ago,have done about 500kms,it cost me $ 130ea,i had toyo T1R which cost me

$218ea,the federal is as good as the toyo in the dry,have a stiffer tyre wall than the toyo, i first though

federal is taiwan brand is a bit weird but they are much better than i though.i have no idea about its tyre

You say they are as good as Toyo in the dry.... what about the wet?

sorry mate , i never go too fast in the wet,i reckon they are good cause the tyre pattern have fairy wide gap in between,so it can drain the water well, it also has very solid steering feedback both dry and wet,i had used hankook k102 on my stivo before the Toyo T1r, when you do over 110km/h, the steering feels very loose, you dont have much feel on the road but i already have super low kings spring and koni shocks on my stivo ,still loose ,may be the k102 is not really a performance tyre.

sorry mate , i never go too fast in the wet,i reckon they are good cause the tyre pattern have fairy wide gap in between,so it can drain the water well, it also has very solid steering feedback both dry and wet,i had used hankook k102 on my stivo before the Toyo T1r, when you do over 110km/h, the steering feels very loose, you dont have much feel on the road but i already have super low kings spring and koni shocks on my stivo ,still loose ,may be the k102 is not really a performance tyre.

My advice is don't skimp too much on tyres, spending a bit more on tyres is like insurance, because for street cars we need something that handles in BOTH dry and wet weather. A more expensive tyre might not be as good as a cheaper tyre in the dry during a one lap sprint, but that doesn't mean the cheaper tyre will handle as well in adverse weather or wear as well or have as good comfort. You never know when you will get caught out so pick your tyres wisely.

Edited by ZEEROLLA

i'm using Maxxis, recommended by the manager at one of the Bob Jane branch i got my rims from.

i think i paid $160ish each, so far it's performed very well. in the dry, grip is better than the stock stivo rubber. in the wet...well in the rather limited sessions of rainy weather in perth thus far, it's pretty damn good as well, again performing better than the stock bridgestone.

for $20-30 more per tyre, you can upgrade to the more aggressive/sporty tyre treads. was thinking about getting those, but if the ones i use are good enough for a modded commodore SS (the manager's ride), it's good enough for me...for now :D

NVH, i noticed it's slightly quieter than the stockies.

done about 8000km on it, the tyres are still in excellent condition. the side walls even after some spirited cornering to test the grip and are still in smick condition.

so yeah, that's my 2cents feedback... :rolleyes: