CES - The Final Word

Hey guys i dont post very often but have been a member since early 04 and have been sitting back watching and reading and i just have to have my say on CES parts.

I currently have the stainless catback fitted to my car and it was the best decision i ever made... i dyno'd the car before and then after and there is an undenyable gain... STOCK AINT BETTER... so if your a particularly opinionated person not to name names... then stop talking sh*t about it we have all seen the gains to made from CES components. So if you think stock is better well good luck to you... but i assure you that you are severly wrong. I am so sick n tired the arguments... this is meant to be a forum for us to share info n generally talk about our cars.. helping each other... it isn't a contest on who can talk more **** about other states parts... so just drop it, CES is quality gear with proven gains.

SO how about we just let it go and you just hack it...

p.s. It aint a good idea to pay out somebody for having a silver car when you own one yourself haha

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I am not trying to start a sh*t storm... just saying that unless u have dyno'd the same car with stock exhaust fitted and then the same car with ces fitted on the same dyno in same conditions you cant make claims...we however have done that and proven a gain

Hi Guys,

Ok being a member from the only sensible state ... NSW that is :P :P :P im going to step in here and make it clear if this thread gets out of hand the wooden spoon is coming out again ....

Yes this is a forum Sportivo_Rice and like everything in life u will get ppl who agree with u and ppl that disagree with u .... u will get performance tests that show one thing and other performance tests that show something else .... As soon as people learn to understand this then we wont have any issues ....

All im going to say on the matter is yes im a CES owner and yes im happy with it .... if ppl dont agree with me im fine with that as seriously its no skin off my noise .... at the end of the day the true measure for ur car is how fast u can shoot it down that 400m stretch of road (or 404m to be exact :P :P :P :P)

So in the true words of vin diesel for that 14.721 (me), 14.827 (dave) & 14.883 (dylan) seconds or less NSW still have the 3 fastest 2zz's on the forum so until u boys from the other states can better that stop your biatching n moaning n express it on the track :ph34r::ph34r::ph34r::ph34r:

flame suit on :P :P :P :P :P

So in the true words of vin diesel for that 14.721 (me), 14.827 (dave) & 14.883 (dylan) seconds or less NSW still have the 3 fastest 2zz's on the forum so until u boys from the other states can better that stop your biatching n moaning n express it on the track :ph34r::ph34r::ph34r::ph34r:

And the fact all 3 of these car have CES exhausts fitted means absolutely nothing :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

....NSW still have the 3 fastest 2zz's on the forum.........

hehehe im pretty sure that won't be the case for too much longer

:P :P :P :P :P

but yeah like dylan has said, the fastest stivos down the 1/4 are all CES equiped, so they gotta be doing sumthing right B)

ps. im gonna say that QLD have the best drivers through the twisties :P :P :P

FLAMESUIT : ON!

Oh well discussion closed 3 fastest have CES....discussion closed and by the way fastest 2zz is in NSW no denying it...but the may be some secrets about to be unleashed...i will keep quiet for now but all i can say is enjoy the top while it is there but it may not last...... HAHA and no it isn't a turbo

One thing i do need to make clear is that i not takin sides here i just think it is irresponsible of people to make claims about something with nothing to justify it... no battle intended... the fact that nsw is on top atm is fair enough..thats proven.. so to close out this discussion i agree with xoom there are too many variables involved to make fair judgements and it is just opinions, if CES components aren't for you fair enough... but it is not a good idea put them down seeing as Trev & Leslie do heaps for TOC.. not to mention it is their business... not for you> fair enough just dont bag it out when there is no back up for it

if CES components aren't for you fair enough... but it is not a good idea put them down seeing as Trev & Leslie do heaps for TOC.. not to mention it is their business... not for you> fair enough just dont bag it out when there is no back up for it

or equivalents offered...

but there may be some secrets about to be unleashed...i will keep quiet for now but all i can say is enjoy the top while it is there but it may not last......

Right back at u as dont think for a second that there isnt stuff happening that ur not aware of :P :P :P :P :ph34r::ph34r::ph34r::ph34r:

Think we should let the state of origin decide which state is better and which state produces better exhausts. :D

Edited by neK

haha state of origin...was waiting for that... we can still make a come back.... i hope lol

somehow I dont think soo o....

but someof us wont know ... as we will be living our lives .. 1/4 mile at a time ...

***EDIT**** ... ive just realised how ghey that was after I posted ...........

Also I can see the fastest 1zz time being broken whilst NSW is putting on tries against QLD ...

at the end of the day the true measure for ur car is how fast u can shoot it down that 400m stretch of road (or 404m to be exact :P :P :P :P)

Why is everyone obsessed with 1/4 miles these days?

I would have thought that more than a 1/4 mile would be needed to get the "fastest car" title, I mean if you strap a rocket to a Datsun Sunny, it'll eventually go a hell of a lot faster than any car here, and yet by the reckoning above, it won't be the fastest due to not doing it in a 1/4 mile(although I suspect it would still be pretty damn fast given that contraint too).

Personally I'd like to see more track days, where we(as a community of young car entusiests) could actually compar results on a track. it also might get rid of some of the stereotypes, like cars dropped to damn near the ground being better for cornering, giant wings on skylines makes them faster, exhausts you can fit your head into that sound horrid make your car faster....

/me steps off my soapbox.

oh, and because it's friday, yeah its old, but it's still damn funny.

<- = funny as hell. Edited by barryogen

:( People still missed my points with previous rants, Never said they weren't good products.

:) Glad your happy with your purchase, always good to see another Corolla POWER UP :D

And the fact all 3 of these car have CES exhausts fitted means absolutely nothing :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

I'm of these people that does agree, it works. It's just the cost that's all. Don't want ***? (lol) don't buy, meh. I'm not going that way because I'm concentrating on my handling package.

I'll go nuts with parts etc when project AE86 starts for me later on in my life :D

btw banGn ran a 14.9 or something and he is stock except his clutch/flywheel and blitz filter (there's the handling package as well).

u like moron i dont know what u saying can u explain to me

:lol: i dont know why.. but i cracked up so hard after reading that :lol:

back on topic.. i agree with the above.. i dont think it was stated that they weren't good products. jst that there are other options with potentially the same results for less? (correct me if im wrong) :ph34r:

back on topic.. i agree with the above.. i dont think it was stated that they weren't good products. jst that there are other options with potentially the same results for less? (correct me if im wrong) :ph34r:

if there is we are yet to see them, that seemed to be the biggest hangup some people had and as far as im aware the CES gear gives you the best results and is pretty much the only off the shelf exhaust system for our cars....

:huh: We dun no wat u sayn wen u write like dis eider.

No, that wasn't what got people hot under the collar before either. :rolleyes: So let's not go there :D

if there is we are yet to see them, that seemed to be the biggest hangup some people had and as far as im aware the CES gear gives you the best results and is pretty much the only off the shelf exhaust system for our cars....

I've seen it myself mate (no hating no hating!! lol I know you two aren't happy panda's with each other! not trying to hate just saying! lol)

I think he engaged on a different path though. He's done some weight modification work too actually come to think of it, so I guess that paid off.

northy, bill, dylan, dan.........rip everything out of you cars and give them another run! hahaha :ph34r:

at the end of the day the true measure for ur car is how fast u can shoot it down that 400m stretch of road (or 404m to be exact :P :P :P :P)

Why is everyone obsessed with 1/4 miles these days?

I would have thought that more than a 1/4 mile would be needed to get the "fastest car" title, I mean if you strap a rocket to a Datsun Sunny, it'll eventually go a hell of a lot faster than any car here, and yet by the reckoning above, it won't be the fastest due to not doing it in a 1/4 mile(although I suspect it would still be pretty damn fast given that contraint too).

Personally I'd like to see more track days, where we(as a community of young car entusiests) could actually compar results on a track. it also might get rid of some of the stereotypes, like cars dropped to damn near the ground being better for cornering, giant wings on skylines makes them faster, exhausts you can fit your head into that sound horrid make your car faster....

/me steps off my soapbox.

I only mentioned the 1/4 mile because ur right everyone is obsessed with this straight out speed business .... but u are 100% correct it can be testing carried out at any track .... as long as the cars are tested at the same track ... and times are compared that way .....