Does your car SHINE !!! just washed n waxed ???

good post there pete...

alrighty im going to head out and wash my car in a jiffy... ill get some pics when im done :D

Hey Tom...how many times do you wash your car per week? :)

I'M SWIRL SWIRL SWIRLING MY PAINTY WAINTY FINISHHHHHHHH

I just don't trust the things. Jase has wisdom beyond his years though, so he's smart enough to use one.

Rob dumb. Rob use pad.

Rob: If you want to get a machine buffer that is almost idiot-proof, buy a Random Orbital Polisher like this one:

Bosch PEX400AE Random Orbital Polisher

From www.finalinspection.com.au

These are not as dangerous as a rotary buffer because the head moves in an eccentric motion and doesn't generate as much heat between the pad and paint. So it's almost impossible to burn your paint. I have the Festool RO from that website and I absolutely love it.

So we can't use the Wool pads with the Orbital Buffer?......or "steel wool pad"...are you sure?

You can use wool pads, but not steel wool.. unless you want to scratch your paint off, haha. Wool pads on an orbital buffer are used for heavy cutting.

I can't find any Random Orbital Polisher on ebay, but only Random Orbital Sanders...it's Bosch as well...are they the same?

Oh...wool pads on Orbital Buffer is for heavy cut only? i thought it's for fine polish....what should I get for polish then?

Sorry guys, I am new to this, I've been using hands all these years...and I'm tired now..haha

• Replies 452
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

LMFAO! Orbital Sander...NOO MAN! That's a sander dude! It'll take the paint back to bare metal! lol

Hmm go with Chompies advice man. Grab that Bosche one for $150 in the link he provided. If I trust anyone with detailing it's him. He taught me many a thing.

I can't find any Random Orbital Polisher on ebay, but only Random Orbital Sanders...it's Bosch as well...are they the same?

Oh...wool pads on Orbital Buffer is for heavy cut only? i thought it's for fine polish....what should I get for polish then?

Sorry guys, I am new to this, I've been using hands all these years...and I'm tired now..haha

Hey mate, that is the same one, they are actually Random Orbital Sanders, but you attach foam pads instead of sanding pads for polishing cars. If you are really serious about getting into machine buffing, I would suggest to you to buy it from this website: www.finalinspection.com.au and while your there, order a few polishes and pads. It does cost fair a bit to start up machine polishing, but once you have everything you should be set for a long time. I have sent you a PM with what you will need.

Hey mate, that is the same one, they are actually Random Orbital Sanders, but you attach foam pads instead of sanding pads for polishing cars. If you are really serious about getting into machine buffing, I would suggest to you to buy it from this website: www.finalinspection.com.au and while your there, order a few polishes and pads. It does cost fair a bit to start up machine polishing, but once you have everything you should be set for a long time. I have sent you a PM with what you will need.

Isn't he awesomeeee guyssss

why dont you just... marry him... or something...

... no really its good to have a helpful car detailler lying around :D

anyway yeah i washed my car today... and its still crap :(

there's all these scratches and chips on my bonnet, and my roof just has all these impurities in the paint... i washed it, clayed it, and then waxed it, and it still looks like it hasnt been clayed or polished :angry:

i dont have the money to be speding on expensive products... what can i do?

there's all these scratches and chips on my bonnet, and my roof just has all these impurities in the paint... i washed it, clayed it, and then waxed it, and it still looks like it hasnt been clayed or polished :angry:

This is a pure case of if you dont wash your car at least once a week the sydney sun&rain will ruin your paint!

Also because we on the coast the air collects salt and other impurities and when it rains and you leave your car dirty its slowly eats into the paint!

Hmmm scratch X still. Chompies recommended a polish as well.

Thanks Chopies "Byran", You have been a Great Help. :)

I have read your PM, and Thanks for your help. :)

I've used scratch X and been able to do 7 cars out of a tube. Secret is not to drown the applicator pad in product as you should only be need ing about a 20c size of it on the pad to do about a square foot of bodywork.

I've used scratch X and been able to do 7 cars out of a tube. Secret is not to drown the applicator pad in product as you should only be need ing about a 20c size of it on the pad to do about a square foot of bodywork.

You mad b@stard! Thanks for that man.

Meguiar's ScratchX is about $19 for a bottle of 207ml......from most stores......

i think BigW may be the cheapest.......

Edited by u54mot

I just saw this on ebay, wonder if this the same thing?

http://cgi.ebay.com.au/Bosh-Random-Orbital...1QQcmdZViewItem

Hmmm...sorry, i don't know how to make this a link?

Vincent, I have sent you another PM. That is the wrong one, the one for car polishing is PEX400AE. Have a look at the Bosch website: http://auptocs.bosch-pt.com/boptocs-au/Cat...hw&ccat_id=9638

you could marry chompies :P :lol:

:D this aint just a rolla thread right :o

reflections7yt.jpg

closeup of the paint :o you can kind of see the camera in the reflection :P if u look hard enough

paint7ma.jpg

Edited by vyets

wot the!? lol what does brian have to do with me >_<"

(daym could sure use that head slapping emoticon right now) lol.

his car is sexy but man, dont need a wash, beat up track look oh yea~