Zeerolla. What are you doing with a photo of my Corolla?

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

As many of you will know, we went to Nurburgring this year with the ex Leanne Ferrier (Tander) Toyota Corolla Sportivo.

Our plan was to build a mildly modified production car to compete in the 1800 - 2000cc 24 hour special class (SP3). We hoped to complete the race in order to gather enough data to launch a more effective assault on the class in 2007.

We thought that beyond finishing we might be able to finish in the top 50% of our class which is mostly occupied by super production and super tourer type cars. We also dreamed of a top 100 finish outright out of a likely 220 starters.

We ended up 11th in our class and 77th outright after an absolutely trouble free run. We used 10 tyres, 1.0L of oil and 1 set of brake pads. The engine was literally going better at the end of the race than at the beginning, the clutch was perfect, the gearbox was as new.

The engine is stroked to 1933cc and otherwise only blueprinted. We have 185BHP at the hubs on the Australian Defence Force's Dynapack hub dyno.

We are very pleased with the result and will be better equipped for next years event.

Cheers,

Neil Trama

Other cars included

Opel Astra 4

Renault Clio 3

Opel Manta 1

VW Golf 2

BMW 2

Audi A4 1

Audi TT 1

Honda Civic Type R 2

Ford Puma 1

Ford Focus 1

Ford Fiesta 1

Honda Integra Type R 1

Toyota MR2 1

Honda S2000 6

Alfa 156 1

Seat Ibiza 2

Stroking widened the rev range and moved it down.

Neil

what other mods are you running cause 185hp is not alot considering its a ~2L engine......

185hp wheels is a lot at the wheel. That is about 140kw wheels. And it is not a time bomb making that sort of power also. Sorry Northy. hehehehe.

When you stroke 2zz-ge, like Neil said, its actually 1933cc - but dubbed 2Litre. Neil said this is a standard engine, aside from stroker kit and blueprinted. You count that to flywheel figure (with loss of 25 percent), it translate to 246hp at engine.

This is the correct figure, as all 2zz-ge stroke to 1933cc produces 230-240hp. Trial and Brashboy Japan produces similar power with their stroker kit. Trial went further with TRD high comp piston, I think they made 280hp - now thats crazy. Best is u guys go and look at their website and check out their red hot celica went around the track and was once the fastest car in its league. It is the nemesis of the powerful Integra Type R by Top Fuel.

You can get this kit from Meridian Motorsport, a 240hp engine. That 240hp is achieved with standard ecu too - pretty much the same as Neil (he said standard, so perhaps standard ecu also).

So, perhaps with Cold Air intake and Power FC, you can achieved a bit more. Don't forget exhaust mod thrown in for good measure if you shall make the most out of it. 260hp with smooth linear power delivery sounds creamy enough for me.

S/C would be safe. Turbo, hmmm, safe too if its tuned well.

Brashboy Japan goes stroking the 2zz + Blitz S/C + Turbo = 320hp <--- quite small for that much of work, but perhaps it was not chasing high end power for valid reasons.

S/C would be safe. Turbo, hmmm, safe too if its tuned well.

Brashboy Japan goes stroking the 2zz + Blitz S/C + Turbo = 320hp <--- quite small for that much of work, but perhaps it was not chasing high end power for valid reasons.

320.....thats heaps!!! my r34 only pulled out 280+hp but then again it wasn't modded highly...

btw what is the prices for stroking as oppose to supercharging?

Danz and I had this discussion many months ago.

We both agreed that the s/c would benefit the 2zz greater as it fills the 'lag gap'. It's clutch activated, and you aren't running a stupidliy large amount of boost that spools up @ 3,000rpm odd.

If you want the 2zz to go quicker, while still being sane...go s/c.

If you want turbo? I reckon actually get a Supra or a REX or something. Something that is factory turbo'd.

320hp at engine I think. If its wheels, now thats super high. Well, just to show how crazy japs are.

Well, you can choose either Greddy s/c or Blitz S/C. Blitz cost double than Greddy but it is a more advance design and it is running intercooler while Greddy don't. Greddy s/c will fit corolla engine bay with minor tweak. Blitz s/c will fit to the corolla.

Visit Blitz japan site, theyhave the s/c for zze123 (sportivo). Greddy s/c is specific for celica 2zz-ge, but usa owners managed to fit it onto the matrix which have the same engine layout as corolla.

go to meridian motorport website, they have prices. Blitz S/c is around 6k mark. I would suggest u invest in Power Fc to make full potential of either stroker kit or force induction.

Edited by Danz