Mazda 3 MPS tests and reviews!

Sorry people, just realised the google search that brought me to this forum took me to page 1 and i didn't think to look at the dates as I was too busy reading peoples reviews...

So my last reply may seem a little delayed :)

oh well, was I right?

Nope, 14-15psi is what they run out of the single scroll K04 turbo. Its definitely at max efficiency atm. Gotta wiat to see what the US does to this thing, some have already ordered AEM CAIs or the like here in Australia. Me for one is pretty happy with its performance already, only thing i think it lacks is rwd or awd+super ayc to kick some EVO/STI azz :lol: .

• Replies 137
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Seems like the Americans are loving their Mazdaspeed3 (MPS3) :D reviewd better than most fwd competitors already and now spanking an AWD competition, the WRX TR :whistling::lol: but to be fair to the WRX, the reviews did say the WRX TR wore mud-snow rubber than summer rubber, but still no excuse, its got awd doesn't it?? :P

Sorry Dave if you are reading this.. just that some WRX drivers get on my nerves!!!

Motor Trend review in USA

Edited by ZEEROLLA

• 2 weeks later...

I just bought myself an MPS 3 after the test drive really impressed me, and to be honest I just can't get enough of driving it, when the quality sound from the bose system starts to bore me, I just drop down a gear and let loose to raise my adrenaline back to where it belongs :yahoo:

Every person I've gone to show see's it and assumes it's got the looks with no performance, until of course I tell them to jump in :D

All in all I love it, it's a bit of a sleeper and it seems not many people know about it yet, so I can't wait to embarress a few performance cars :toast:

Anyone aware of a Sydney based MPS 3 car club??

I just bought myself an MPS 3 after the test drive really impressed me, and to be honest I just can't get enough of driving it, when the quality sound from the bose system starts to bore me, I just drop down a gear and let loose to raise my adrenaline back to where it belongs :yahoo:

Every person I've gone to show see's it and assumes it's got the looks with no performance, until of course I tell them to jump in :D

All in all I love it, it's a bit of a sleeper and it seems not many people know about it yet, so I can't wait to embarress a few performance cars :toast:

Anyone aware of a Sydney based MPS 3 car club??

Hey Joe69, welcome to TOCAU! :clap: Check out OzMazdaclub.com, there are quite a few Mazda MPS owners there. ;)

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Zee, the corolla finally met one of these things this morning. Black one, SSR 18's on it as well, different muffler. Was giving it a bit of a fang too. We were side by side at a set of lights turning right, with me in the outside lane. Both took off sedatley, opened the 2zz up to 5,000rpm and left it there. I floored it on the straight, so did he. His gear changes weren't the best and he was slowly creeping ahead of me @ 120km/h until he had to stop and get behind me to turn left. He didn't look happy lol. The MPS is probably better in your capable hands though Zee :) I was impressed though...very hehe. It hammers.

finally saw my first mps3 yesterday .... a red one which looked pretty much like nothing extra above factory trim ..... hopefully will run into a few more in the future :spiteful::spiteful::spiteful::spiteful:

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

hehe guys guys calm down.. The MPS3 doesn't get full boost in 1st and 2nd as mentioned (restricted to about 75% of max, max is 15.7psi) and also has a steering angle sensitive torque limiter to help reduce torquesteer and wheelspin when greater steering inputs are required.. also through experience many MPS3 owners have found that switching the DSC OFF (traction control) makes the MPS3 much quicker.

Here are some videos i found just today! Have been very busy with work lately but anyway enjoy these videos i found! I still miss the Stivo dearly, and someone thinks it's a better ride than my MPS.. that's what my gf tells me <_< Merry Xmas and a very Happy New Year to everyone! :clap::toast:

Visit OzMazdaclub.com for timeslip. This guy can drive.

0-140km/h with DSC On

Mazda Perfomance Drive Day @ Queensland Raceway

Edited by ZEEROLLA