New Club Lounge lacks feel

negatron

ok i think the issue here is not so much that the post counts have been removed... that's not the problem...

there's a few problems that have lead to people either refusing to post, or not being bothered to post...

i'll just put some things down that ive been hearing from other people. i don't agree with all of them...

1. because there has been so much whinging going on here about the whores, and the amount of posts, to the point of people caring enough to have the boards changed to "club lounge" and "car discussion", i think some people just don't want to post in here if all they are going to get from the rest of the club is a mouthful of abuse for it...

2. some silver members (mainly the whoring ones), have gotten fed up with all this whining from non-silver members about their little club not being perfect and easy for them...

i agree with this: what right do you have to whinge and moan about a FREE forum/community? you didnt pay for it, so you're not losing anything if its not perfect... here's jason's analogy: someone gives you a free can of coke, but its not chilled... do you yell after him and abuse him for not refrigerating it for you? no. you don't.

i'm not saying that becuase we've donated my $40 to steve, silver members have a right to complain.. but go and read back on all this crap... its the non-silver non-whores that started it all...

dylan made a simple little thread about posts not being in the wrong section, and we took notice and stopped... BUT THEN, some of you had the nerve to come out and complain about ALL post whoring and tell us that its wrong in ANY thread... wonder why we have the sh!ts?

3. some of us have been busy, and its just come at the wrong time as far as the forum is concerned- just when everything changes... i know I have had alot of things come up, and i can name others who just dont have time to post up in here anymore...

that will do for now... you have to understand there are a number of reasons for not posting, and post count has nothing to do with it... but i think the general feel amongst the whores is that we were having fun doing our thing. we saw a complaint about doing it in the wrong section, and we seriously all said to each other (on msn and on here) that we should keep it to our whoring threads and the complaints just kept on coming...

I agree with some points and disagree with others.

Firstly, only SOME non-silver members were whinging. Look at the first 2 posts in this thread. My whinging is not to do with the overall forum, just the whorers who hijack genuine information threads.

The first post in this thread was from a self confessed whorer who is not a silver member who is cracking the woopys because his post count is now not going to increase.

Personally, I couldn't give 3 shades of dog sh!t whether people post whore or not, but I do give a damn when people whinge about the forum lacking feel when the only thing that has changed is that the threads have been split into 2 sections.

To those people I ask this question, if the person you share your house with takes half the food out of the pantry and puts it into a different cupboard, would you complain that the house has no food all of a sudden.

WAKE UP!!!! THE THREADS ARE STILL HERE KNUCKLEHEADS!!!!!!

Secondly, I take offence to the people (Silver Members) that continually harass and take cheap shots at the non-Silver Members about them making comments about the runnings of the board and that we have no right to complain as we don't contibute our $40.00....

This forum was set up as a free service providing an avenue for Toyota minded people to congregate and share information, and communicate with people of similar interests. If Steve’s intentions were that you can’t make a suggestion until you registered and paid money, then there would not be options for people to post information unless you paid.

Unfortunatly I am in a strict financial situation with my wife aiming at a specific financial goal and purchasing a silver membership is not high on the priority (just ask Silvabullit, I still owe him $70.00 for an air-filter)

Lets just all keep this calm.....like I said, I can't see a reason for anybody saying that they feel that this forum lacks 'feel' because of the split in thread sections other than the removal of post count.

I stand corrected if somebody can provide a valid alternative argument other than the post count issue, because all of your whoring threads are still here for you to whore away at....

I agree with some points and disagree with others...

The first post in this thread was from a self confessed whorer who is not a silver member who is cracking the woopys because his post count is now not going to increase.

Secondly, I take offence to the people (Silver Members) that continually harass and take cheap shots at the non-Silver Members about them making comments about the runnings of the board and that we have no right to complain as we don't contibute our $40.00....

This forum was set up as a free service providing an avenue for Toyota minded people to congregate and share information, and communicate with people of similar interests. If Steve’s intentions were that you can’t make a suggestion until you registered and paid money, then there would not be options for people to post information unless you paid.

First off, I agree with Azza on his views, but seeing as how he's commented about me I guess I should at least say something in my defense or at least clarify my point

My first post is a rant, the initial few lines can be read plainly at pointing to the cry babies who won't post happily in the club lounge due to the lack of the count.

the last line about the mods? hey, its a rant, if my opinion was that the mods could have done some thing better (go dig up my opinions on post whoring) then don't i have the right to say it?

lastly, I am not a whorer, look at my miniscule pos count in relation to how often i've been a member. i participate on these forums even now as a non-rolla owner because I do have a bit of fun here and from time to time can answer a few questions. (you all go buy chrome rims now ya hear?)

Azza, all respects to you (and mrs azza she who controls the modifications) but go easy on the labels, last I checked we've never talked on these forums, so lets start this friend ship on a good note eh?

Chrome ppl?

i soooo agree with dylan....................

we have all voiced our opinions and no one will ever win so lets step back take a deep breath in and say

WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO SAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!!!

:lol::lol::lol::lol:

now that we all calmed down a bit....................

* GROUP HUG *

now repeat 3 times................

WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO SAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!! X3

:D

:lol:

I'm still here for the chicks and beer.

Oh and the mateship as well.

I've seen the ladies on here but not the beer :huh: :P

I'm still here for the chicks and beer.

Oh and the mateship as well.

I've seen the ladies on here but not the beer :huh: :P

:lol:

On another note, ppeeeopllleeee...this is the same site. It is the saaammmeee.

S...A...M...E...saaaaaaammmeee.

PS: Same.

omg, it amazes me how cross ppl can be about absolutely nothing.. chill pill time for u ;)

oh and if u are after chicks? pls dont think that this sort of behaviour is in your favour..

:lol: i think nelson was joking...

but you're right... lets chillax people! im over everything that has happened, but im way too busy to get a chance to post much at the moment...

as soon as everything dies down (i.e when uni starts), ill be back on here in full force!

(yes i know, only in the club lounge)

wow.. we still talking about this?

like i said.. forums category was simply renamed. Thats all!

really need to chill a lil guys.