Wot's it Worth

Hi Guys

I am thinking about selling my 2003 Sportivo. It has lowered King's springs and a CES cat back system fitted. The tyres are near new Goodyear Eagle F1's. It has just over 40k on clock and the 40k service has just been done. New car warranty until October. The car is in very good condition.

So the question is what have simlar cars been selling for. The avertised prices I see could be very different to the final sale price.

Photo Here

http://www.flickr.com/photos/mowog/57973342/in/set-1254474/

Thanks

If your selling it privately ask about $24 500 but take about $23k. Let the buyer beat you down a little that way they think they are getting a bargain. Best bet is to return it to stock if you can. Trade in prices will prolly be around the $17k to $20k if your lucky.

Most Sportivo's around that age (03) have been selling here in Brisbane for around the $21 500 to $24 000 depending on condition,modifications and Kilometres.

Have a look on Carsales.com and compare to other similar examples.

I have access to redbook commercial and it puts the value for a 2003 one in Good Condition at $23,470 (Including the Window Tint and Metallic Paint) and one in Average Condition at $21,160.

I would be more then happy to swap my standard stivo exhaust for your CES one? :lol:

i'll 2nd that :lol:

stivos down melbourne cheapeast was $19,500 .. did 52,000kms stock..

ranges from $19,500 - 23,500 03-04 models

Edited by gOODbOYz

23? I dunno, one of the fellas in Melb bought a new one a few months back for 27 drive away.

and it is a good idea to seperate the exhaust out, you'll neer get your money back from it, and it makes ppl avoid ur car coz they will think its been hooned around.

i agree with the other guys about the price................

we bought a our stivo today for 19k ................. but its stock........................03 as well :D

It would seem around $22k is is a fair ask...

The exhaust I dont think will be an issue given the Market this car appeals to.

Hooned about... I am 46 years old well over the hoon age and the first owner was a mum with 2 kids it got to small with baby 3 on the way.

I will put it on car sales in the next week or so. If anyone is interested drop me an e-mail goop_troop@tpg.com.au

Advertise it for $24,500 and people will offer you $20,000-$21,000. Trust me tried that done that but mine had 60,000kms though. With abt 40,000kms last year i was offered $22,000 (mind you car was only 18months old then). Good luck with the sale :)

Oh and Carsales.com are great, i have sold 3 cars through them so far, you will get plenty of enquiries, some even interstate.

Edited by ZEEROLLA

Best place to get an idea of car value:

http://www.redbookasiapacific.com/au/vehic...hp?key=TOYO03HX

Says the following: (You can look up any car, model and year)

I belive this is the site dealers use to work out there traid in price at times, (they have another login that public can't access) but gret site to look up...

:D

2003 TOYOTA COROLLA

ZZE123R Sportivo Hatchback 5dr Man 6sp 1.8i

Prices based on km 45,000 - 75,000

Trade in price guide* $16,200 - $18,500

National average price - private sale* $19,400 - $22,500

Price when new (RRP) $29,990

I brought my Sportivo for $24, 2003 model with 40,000 on the clock with the only modification was the sports springs... so i would ask for 24 and go now lower than 23...

sorry to say but you paid abit too much i bought the 2005 model stock standard with 5000kms only extras were subwoofer and amp and all speakers were replaced with new pioneers and it cost me $25250 it was for $27500 ansd i paid in cash so he reduced it to that and thats what my year model go for no more than 26k dealers advertise them for 27-28 but noone pays that.also i bought it off a guy who worked for toyota and it was 8 months old or so when i got it

I brought my Sportivo for $24, 2003 model with 40,000 on the clock with the only modification was the sports springs... so i would ask for 24 and go now lower than 23...

sorry to say but you paid abit too much i bought the 2005 model stock standard with 5000kms only extras were subwoofer and amp and all speakers were replaced with new pioneers and it cost me $25250 it was for $27500 ansd i paid in cash so he reduced it to that and thats what my year model go for no more than 26k dealers advertise them for 27-28 but noone pays that.also i bought it off a guy who worked for toyota and it was 8 months old or so when i got it

can we have the posts back on topic please? who cares if someone paid more for there stivo than someone else did, obviously we all bought them cos we love them so why should it matter what we paid.

Mowoq wanted to know what they are worth... redbook is pretty accurate, but yes im pretty sure they determine their prices off actual trade ins and sales, so like all stats, there are some that can skew the results.

thanks.

]

thanks. um i think thats what we are doing num nutz if he wants a guide of price who better then other owner derrrrr

i know i paid more... but i wanted it and i had the cash so it's all good
atleast you got the coolest colour Edited by gengo