Members Rides

CAP

Before anyone starts up in the new members rides section, please set the following format !

Each member is only allowed to start up one thread with pics and description of their car, to which they themselves only can add too, but no other members can comment in.

Then one thread only where everyone can continuously add comments or questions about other peoples cars.

Pretty please ....

why can't that person start a thread, where its their responsibility to maintain the first post with whatever pics and info they have about their car... and then every post after that can be comments or questions in a discussion format?

are you scared of things being whored up? look around... do you see any whores?

why can't that person start a thread, where its their responsibility to maintain the first post with whatever pics and info they have about their car... and then every post after that can be comments or questions in a discussion format?

I like this idea. Seems to work well for most other car forums that I frequent.

JC

If you use the Toymods or Twincam mebers rides sections as an example there is no set format pre-se but people tend to use then as a progress marker and build thread. That is what I will do with mine and start it off with a history of where the car came from to where it is currently.

Unfortuately there is no set format for these that will work for everyone's circumstances

I'll also point out that there will be new members that go into the members rides section and post comments anyway because they won't read the guidelines or whatever first. It's just ineviatable. If people have constructive comments to make, they should feel free to make them I feel. It has helped a lot with ideas generation on the Toymods and Twincams examples that EVERYONE benefits from in the long run.

BUT I was wondering is Silver members can have their rides pinned as an incentive for more people to subscribe...

I'm willing to now offer up my services to be the "members ride mod"

I'll be happy to let people comment wherever they feel, but if i see something that is completely irrelevant i will delete it or move it. Also, if a person wants me to remove certain posts they feel are irrelevant, they can PM me and i will do it.

If a person wants no replies in their topic, they can let me know and i will lock it, and open it when they want to make changes.

So if u all agree, i will mod this section, leaving all threads open for comment, unless i have been asked my the owner of the thread, in which case it will be locked.

yeah good plan micky - i vote micky for member's ride mod...

having said that, im still more than happy for people to post in my thread... and the "guideline" should be that the first post made by the owner of said vehicle should just be kept the way they want it, and keep all relevent information there...

soo if by some random chance that someone on here doesnt want to read pages of chat concerning the car, they don't have to! just look at the first post! isnt that convenient!?

everybody is a winner here.

locking is a great idea for those that don't want 'chit chat' and the original poster can edit any time, it does not require the thread being unlocked. But it would help to have a new post that says it is updated so people know to check back. :)

i dont think u can edit a post after the thread has been locked... so i would have to reopen it

but i may be wrong.... hang on i'll try :P

take Bill's old 'which state is everyone from' thread... was pinned forever and he was always editting it, even before he was a mod... ;)

• 4 months later...

it encourages people to

1) become a silver member to make the thread sticky

2) do stuff to their cars to bump them back to the top

3) become silver members

4) become silver members

Sorry Dyl I didn't really get what the main theme of your post was... :P