spoon muffler

im sorry SB but the 14.58 was run by sam's car on STOCK TURANZA ER30 TYRE FYI.

My was run on semi slicks which i found to make not much different for dragging by looking at the 60ft times .

and yes the spoon is fully stainless steel - with the muffler weighing 3kgs.

As for my dyno results ill post up a graph for u guys - and NO I AM NOT HIDING ANY MODS for those of you who think that i am - feel free to come inspect ;)

hahahahaha i swear u guys are all cracking me up .... man i wish everyone can just chill and get over it .... i really dont give a flying hoot who has bought wat .... n wat it cost them ... n y its better than this or worse than that .... etc etc etc ..... buy what ever u want .... enjoy it and have fun

And for all those thinking brian is hiding mods ...... he isnt ..... what he is hiding however is the down hill gradient of the melb drag strip though ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;)

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My was run on semi slicks which i found to make not much different for dragging by looking at the 60ft times .

As for my dyno results ill post up a graph for u guys - and NO I AM NOT HIDING ANY MODS for those of you who think that i am - feel free to come inspect ;)

hahahahaha i swear u guys are all cracking me up .... man i wish everyone can just chill and get over it .... i really dont give a flying hoot who has bought wat .... n wat it cost them ... n y its better than this or worse than that .... etc etc etc ..... buy what ever u want .... enjoy it and have fun

And for all those thinking brian is hiding mods ...... he isnt ..... what he is hiding however is the down hill gradient of the melb drag strip though ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;)

damn u let out the meblourne secret man :ph34r::lol:

Sorry man i just had to .... oh n 1 more that the melb track was built on the old style metric system of measure miles so while all other 1/4 mile tracks measure 401m the melb track measures 390m ..... damn that 11m makes such a huge difference hey brian :ph34r::ph34r::ph34r: ;) ;) ;)

so was my 14.883... given the weight difference of the corolla to the celica it makes perfect sense... :rolleyes:

Bill - also note that WSID has a 1% downward slope too... but this is within ANDRA (and International) limits (the limit is 1% exactly, it used to be 3%)

Bill - also note that WSID has a 1% downward slope too... but this is within ANDRA (and International) limits (the limit is 1% exactly, it used to be 3%)

LOL .... all good mate i was only trying to start up more controversy and take the p.i.s.s out of the melb boys anyway and steer clear of the CES debate because quiet frankly im getting fed up with it ......... on that note i dont even know what the gradient is for the melb track but for all intensive purposes it must be atleast 20% downhill right ? :ph34r::ph34r::ph34r::ph34r::lol::lol::lol::lol:

who cares frankly if youve got the cash go and blow it on a piece of pipe... :P at 21 yrs of age i have discovered something very special now... "its just a car" wooohhooo i said it i realised the other day that with fuel being stupidly expensive and having a quick car all you do is drive it quickly net result equaling = spending more on fuel and ultimately services.. i love spending cash but i think that i'll be saving to possibly buy a house or start the personal training business up..

pipe shouldn't cost 1k.. think about it if you can bend a piece of pipe and fit it to your car you could claim that you have researched and developed the pipe and it works and has a nice sound.. who gives a ****... get a bigger audio system that'll turn heads after all you can only leagally go the speed limit. :ph34r:

thats my .32cents worth

Sorry man i just had to .... oh n 1 more that the melb track was built on the old style metric system of measure miles so while all other 1/4 mile tracks measure 401m the melb track measures 390m ..... damn that 11m makes such a huge difference hey brian :ph34r::ph34r::ph34r: ;) ;) ;)

wonder what the 11m and the down hill run equates to in regard to time.....

pretty impressive if the melb boys can pull a higher mph with less track to do it ;)

Yep sure is and so is the fact that they get on average colder weather all year round too :D

Or is that rain...umm no thunder storm... no thats not it.....snow :P :P :P :P :P :P

Crowded House covers Melbourne weather in one song... Four Seasons in one day..... or is that an hour :P

trully nice place to visit just wouldn't live there.(got it too good in Brisbane ;) )

pretty impressive if the melb boys can pull a higher mph with less track to do it ;)

can someone say NAAAAAAAAAAAWWWWWWWWWSSSSSSSS :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P

lol wok da phuc?

i come back home after a tennis injury and i see this topic has blown out of control

OY i didnt start the debate if thats wat ur all thinking

This is suppose to be a topic that gives insight on SPOON EXHAUST i see none of u all have had any play with it besides BANGN

the reason why i posted was bcoze

some one in a clown suite mentioned *CES catback

which clearly is not an axel back B)

Im getting a full mugen twin loop system with extractors and new cat =D works out to be $1600 that excludes shipping from japan which will prob add another 200 on top. BEAT THAT BOYS "thats wat i call cheap *bargain*" I also got a quote for a mugen "Cai" which is around the 750 mark which i will be eagerly waiting to get my hands on in the distant future.

if u boys want real performance and quality =P "go japanese" (as quoted from top gear's last seasons car survey)

Edited by Mello

Just out of interest, and a bit off topic, but has any of the Japanese manufacturers come up with a CAI for the Runx ? Any hot up runx photos on the web show them either using a short ram or the standard air box.

in japan the weather isnt really cold, more humid hence there is no cold air down low

even when it rains its very humid.

better to have a short ram

thats my guess from going there =P

Edited by Mello

I've said it before, I'll say it again...

Don't bother comparing d!ck sizes because I'll always win...duhh :P

The best system is ...

The one that best suits YOUR needs and YOUR budget.

Also, the topic is in regards to people's opinions on Spoon Mufflers, SO THAT'S WHAT DISCUSSION SHOULD BE ABOUT!, NOT OTHER FRIGGIN SYSTEMS

Edited by IZZ-FE

this is amusing as i was the one who started the topic. I would love a spoon N1 axelaback but i hear buddyclub are just as good but there a cannon muffler axelback system, plus both of them have to be modified for them to fit.

Buddyclub Spec III is the one to go for apparently. Spec IV does not come with a silencer, but is a little quieter I think...but not by much.

Spoon N1 compared to Spec III? Not a whole lot of difference really. I know it's a cannon design but it's not one of those ghey super restrictive bling bling cannons you usually see. *** I hate them.

I know my mate is running an Apexi N1 system on his R32 without a silencer and it's not too bad, so if that's anything to go by the noise won't be too hardcore.

Unless that's not a problem to you? hahahaha ;)

Yep spec 3 was what I was looking at in the buddyclub range they only thing holding me back is I don’t want it to be too drony at and I hear you can loose power with cannons

You actually make a bit of power with the Spec III and Spoon N1 man. 2 - 3kw I think. Totally different design. A little bit better response as well I think too.

Also, there is very little drone apparently...very suprising. Spec III is bloody loud all over the place without the silencer in. With the silencer? It's toned down a lot. When you hit lift though you'll know it muahahaha.

Edited by bADbOYz

lol wok da phuc?

i come back home after a tennis injury and i see this topic has blown out of control

OY i didnt start the debate if thats wat ur all thinking

This is suppose to be a topic that gives insight on SPOON EXHAUST i see none of u all have had any play with it besides BANGN

the reason why i posted was bcoze

some one in a clown suite mentioned *CES catback

which clearly is not an axel back B)

Im getting a full mugen twin loop system with extractors and new cat =D works out to be $1600 that excludes shipping from japan which will prob add another 200 on top. BEAT THAT BOYS "thats wat i call cheap *bargain*" I also got a quote for a mugen "Cai" which is around the 750 mark which i will be eagerly waiting to get my hands on in the distant future.

if u boys want real performance and quality =P "go japanese" (as quoted from top gear's last seasons car survey)

Well seeing that Bangn hasn't answered my question about the muffler then maybe you in all your infinte wisdom can. Hope your wearing your clown suit tho :P

Last time I checked the Spoon Muffler wasn't an axel back either ;) Unless you get someone to add the necessary pieces to make it one. :ph34r: